TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Across the country on veggie oil!

TheStig

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Seems that a lot of restaurants sell their waste grease to companies that use it in other products, Scott. One of my donors had to back out, so I scrambled around town to find some others yesterday (may have found one).

Joe, how can you make a pecan pie without bourbon?

Larry, we'll totally have a BBQ here the next time you're in town (same for Guy).

PS--J.M. Randalls, a local bar and grill, has agreed to donate some oil.

Colin and Norm will be a'headin' north tomorrow morning. We tooled a bit around the 'Burg this evening, mainly to pay proper homage to a local icon--Pierce's Pitt Bar-B-Que.

19.jpg.7fb02088b85dcf8b42398ed89763eb4b.jpg

Colin fuels up. That's all! Have a great, safe trip, Colin!

18.jpg.d985e26b6f1d91edb99ce22043b8ecc0.jpg

. . . Pierce's! Yes, a mere stone's throw (if you have a strong arm) from the Great Woldf Lodge on E. Rochambeau.

17.jpg.719820d2955de57c3dc85fdc1c0ce358.jpg

On that appetizing note, we were off to . . .

16.jpg.05112c216a63365cd888056e0907449e.jpg

. . . grease!

15.jpg.5159741e6e796e637fcd3d0749874cfb.jpg

So, off we go, in search of a nice pulled-pork samich, as well as . . .

14.jpg.bac76d83c96bbb5a47a8d9546ddaa11b.jpg

Here's the nerve center--where foul waste product is strained, filtered, and turned into fuel.

13.jpg.d30ca8e63a7fef02bf37d43f6e76b20a.jpg

Here's Norm--and Colin's feet.

First off, big thanks to Scott, Guy, and Chuck for having me so far! I'm off to Dave's next!

I'm sitting here with Angus McNasty as I type this, I pretty much love this cat! Chuck has been an awesome host, and Williamsburg is a really cool town!

And Sorry Eric, I won't be in town until the week after. Remember, April 4th is the big Mercedes/whoever get together!!

Norm still has a few little issues that will be worked out in the near future, but he should do just fine.

And remember, check out my blogs on my website! http://www.ColinsGreenMachine.com

798604149_Photo2.jpg.13df23922144cb4539c3d76df3b40ea4.jpg

Angus McNasty is just awesome. He is a pimp among cats! and all other coast(including my own) bow to not only his awesomeness, but also, he has the coolest name in the entire world. Awesome work so far Collin, I really think people need to start using alternative fuels and this will open many people eyes! keep it up.

^Colin - you are a brave young man for getting that close to Angus McNasty. That cat earned it's name.

Yes, Angus McNasty! The cat that takes no crap! The cat who knows 1001 ways to kill you!

Actually, Angus has mellowed quite a bit over the last few years, although he did beat the crap out of some black cat last week. He was very nice to Colin this week.

Just read your blog Colin. It was awesome! I love your musings while on the road. Keep up the great work! I am looking forward to seeing and hearing more. This is really turning out to be an adventure for you. I hope through all the minor incidents, you are still having a good time. The places you are visiting look beautiful.

^Colin - you are a brave young man for getting that close to Angus McNasty. That cat earned it's name.

Yes, Angus McNasty! The cat that takes no crap! The cat who knows 1001 ways to kill you!

Actually, Angus has mellowed quite a bit over the last few years, although he did beat the crap out of some black cat last week. He was very nice to Colin this week.

Yeeeahhhh about that.

Angus woke me up this morning. I got up to use the bathroom and went back to sleep, and he snuck in behind me. About 10 minutes later he attacked my arm as it was hanging off the bed. It's only bleeding a little!

Then about 5 minutes ago he attacked my foot that was also hanging off the bed. GOOD KITTY!!! That's not bleeding though. Well not much anyway.

Haha, it's okay though, I'll live. I hope....

^^No worries Chuck, I know how cats are! I still love the little bastard!

^Oh god I hope not! I think I'll be okay though, I hit the scratches with peroxide and neosporin after I left!

I still love Angus, haha.

Currently sitting outside of a WaWa waiting to go eat with Nicole!!

^Angus's shots are up to date, but you never know about "Cat Scratch Fever." You might want to see your doctor if you feel the sudden urge to do the "Wango Tango."

Well, I can tell you that Colin was here in Baltimore this week, and he got to eat at some fine restaurants (currently being documented in "Dave's Restaurant & Food Thread", found on this very board!). And got to have his picture taken with a very famous icon...ICE BAT!!!

dt

1119647243_DSCN3371640x480.JPG.8c7214518ad91014a35adcb81a4be1f3.JPG

Colin, Norm, and Ice Bat! All in my awesome driveway.

• 2 weeks later...

Colin, I just had a little time to get caught up on everything. You've been through quite a bit lately! Glad to hear everything's still chugging along though! Folks, if you haven't read it yet, I definitely encourage you to give his blog a look. Here's a sample....and my favorite excerpt:

Also I realize that Norm is old, and stuff happens to old cars. It's not something I should be surprised with, and my frustrations of being behind and dealing with these problems are just part of it all. If Norm breaks down, I'll fix him. If he stops running completely, I'll send him home. If he runs great, then we will carry on. Norm has become much more than a car to me. He's my travel buddy, the only one I have, and he's got a lot of character.

I was driving through Virginia today when it hit me. I was sitting there, foot on the gas, leg bent up on my seat, windows down, wind blowing in my face when I just said to myself, "You know what? This is just awesome. Everything about this is awesome." And it really is. This is a road trip, and I don't think it would be a road trip without stuff like this happening to me. I'm glad I got an older car for this trip, as I don't think I would have as good of an experience had I gotten a newer one. I'm glad that I'm learning why people have never used a centrifuge as a portable filtration device, and why I think one day I will improve this. And most importantly I'm glad that everything that has happened, happened. If it didn't, I wouldn't have anything to write about here.

So true.

Keep on truckin', man! Or biodieseling....or whatever.

Good to see that Norm was able to chug over Mt. Rose, Colin. I've driven that road a few times, and it can be pretty treacherous. I'm surprised that the road around Emerald Bay was open (that one usually shuts down until April).

Did you take Hwy. 50 or I-80 to Sacramento?

• 3 weeks later...