TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Across the country on veggie oil!

TheStig

Best of luck to you, Colin. I think this is a great project and deserves as much attention as possible. Make sure a few newspapers---and definitely your hometown paper---pick up on this. Perhaps a local reporter can cover it.

At this time, I don't know what I can do as far as financial support (funds are pretty low around here and we're barely getting by). But do know that you do have my support at least as a friend and fellow TPR member.

Eric

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Colin, 13 years ago, my sister made a film about her cross-country trek in a bio-diesel powered vehicle called "Fat of the Land". There's info at this site:

http://carbonfarm.us/fat.html

I might be able to send you a DVD of it.

Good luck.

Martin

Wow, that looks awesome! I'd love a DVD of it! I also have to film everything on this trip as part of my grade, so I will be making a documentary about it. It won't be anything amazing, but I will document the entire experience.

Best of luck to you, Colin. I think this is a great project and deserves as much attention as possible. Make sure a few newspapers---and definitely your hometown paper---pick up on this. Perhaps a local reporter can cover it.

At this time, I don't know what I can do as far as financial support (funds are pretty low around here and we're barely getting by). But do know that you do have my support at least as a friend and fellow TPR member.

Eric

Thanks Eric! Once Norm arrives I will be hitting up as many news papers as possible to see if they would like to do a piece on my project. And thank you for the support! You'll have to come see me when I'm out there in early April.

I will say that this is pretty sweet. Best of luck to you. And if you still have "ad" space on Norm I might have a few websites that could be interested. I'll let you know.

I have PLENTY of ad space still left on Norm! If they would like to make a donation, send me a sticker (or I can make them) then please let me know!! Thanks for the support!

Also today we have an update. Norm will be shipping tomorrow, so I posted a new blog about it. Please check it out here!

Thanks again for all the support TPR!!!

Colin, I have a couple replies from the feelers I sent out the other day, and I'm ready when you are. The zine in the UK and one here in the US show some really good interest, and it doesn't hurt that I do a little freelance music reviews for them as well.

Give me a shout and we'll co-ordinate an online interview/exchange of info/whatever.

Scott

Good luck to you Colin. This sounds like an awesome experience not only for supporting and proving alternative fuels, but a chance to have an awesome once in a life time journey.

Thanks! I appreciate the support!

Wow, this is really cool. I applaud you for doing something so awesome Colin. After Christmas is over (when I actually have money), I'll send some your way. Good luck man!

---Brent

Thanks Brent!!! You'll have to come out and see him when I'm there!! I appreciate it dude, every penny counts! Thank you!!

Okay so today we have a HUGE update!

NORM HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out my blog entry from today to see more photos!!

http://colinsgreenmachine.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=36

Thanks again for the support guys!!!

Good luck Colin! I hope you received my donation. This is an awesome idea and I support you all the way.

Thank you Jason! I got your donation today! I REALLY appreciate it!!! You'll be getting a thank you card soon!

And Norm has been an absolute joy to drive around the last two days! He had a photoshoot for Sarasota Magazine today, and looked really nice! He's such a great little car!

Thanks again for all the support!

"You'll have to come see me when I'm out there in early April." (colincoon)

Definitely. When you're here---or about to arrive---send me a PM. Perhaps we can meet up at SFMM. And I may be in better financial shape then.

Eric

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, but I have a small one to make tonight!!

Well Norm and I are famous! Yep, we made it in to Sarasota Magazine (http://www.sarasotamagzine.com) in the January issue! Check it out here! You can sort of see me in the lower right hand side of the photo cluster towards the top of the page! Hopefully the hard copy will have some better pictures though.

Anyways, there will be a Norm report in a few days both here and on my website so keep an eye out for it! I'll be sure to give the heads up when that happens!

Thanks for reading everyone!

^Pfft please, I had it up last night but forgot to post it here, haha.

So without further ado, here is a little teaser from my latest blog entry! You might recognize this guy, and him and his family are one of my biggest sponsors! I'll let the photo's do the talking, but make sure you check out the rest of the update!!! Click here for the latest blog entry!

Anyways, on to the photos!

Hey this guy looks familiar! Now where have I seen that name before?!

That's right! TPR is an official sponsor of Colin's Green Machine! This banner will be located on the drivers door, and shown off the entire way across the country!

NO ROBB! DO NOT EAT NORM!!!!

Thanks for the support Robb, Elissa, and Kristen!! Norm and I appreciate it!!

Now go check out the rest of the update!! Click here for the latest blog entry!

Now this is a cool senior project! I somehow had missed this post before, so I just now got up to date on your project. Best wishes on the entire endeavor from getting Norm ready to the actual adventure of the road trip. I love a road trip and am also interested to see the availability to make one a more financially and environmentally sound option for a family vacation. My meager support is in the envelope ready to go!

• 2 weeks later...
Now this is a cool senior project! I somehow had missed this post before, so I just now got up to date on your project. Best wishes on the entire endeavor from getting Norm ready to the actual adventure of the road trip. I love a road trip and am also interested to see the availability to make one a more financially and environmentally sound option for a family vacation. My meager support is in the envelope ready to go!

Hey Kerry!

Thank you SO MUCH for your donation! I got it in the mail earlier this week! Thanks a ton for the support, it'really means a lot to me! Thanks again!

And to everyone else there will hopefully be an update done this weekend! I will update this thread when it is up, or you can visit my website and look for it there!

Thanks again for all the support guys! This trip is fast approaching!

I have to say this is an awesome trip you are gonna do....I do however forsee a problem that no-one else has thought of...

..I have a friend who ran a mix of Vege Oil and Diesel.....it constantly smelt like Fish n Chips....You are going to be constantly hungry!!!!!!

Seriously though, best of luck from this side of the Pond!

Andrew "Mmmmm, Hungry Now" Shakespeare

I have to say this is an awesome trip you are gonna do....I do however forsee a problem that no-one else has thought of...

..I have a friend who ran a mix of Vege Oil and Diesel.....it constantly smelt like Fish n Chips....You are going to be constantly hungry!!!!!!

Seriously though, best of luck from this side of the Pond!

Andrew "Mmmmm, Hungry Now" Shakespeare

Haha yes Norm and I will smell like french fries due to the veggie oil, but hey that's an awesome smell! I need to eat healthy though, especially considering I'll be stopping at restaurants all the time! Hopefully I don't get huge on this trip!

And for everyone else, here's a new update! There is a little section in there about a get together I am having with some fellow Diesel Mercedes owners in Valencia, so I suggest you all come and hang out if you are in the area! The get together is on April 4th, and you can find more info through the update and more specifically MercedesShop.com. You don't need a Mercedes or even a Diesel to come hang out, but if you'd like to meet Norm, me, and a ton of really awesome car people, then come! There will be a raffle, a short drive, and all proceeds will go towards my project. Come out if you can! It will be at the Valencia Mercedes dealership!

Here is the update: colinsgreenmachine.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=36

Enjoy! And thanks for the support!!

Dude! You look sexy in those pics. you are so gonna score a ton of tail on your trip. I showed a couple of single ladies here in Nashvegas your bio. (Tee hee! Get it! Bio as in biography or bio-diesel. It has a double meaning which makes it funny. Fine. These are the jokes people. Laugh or not.) Anyway, they were impressed with your studlyness, and freakishly skinny calves. So make some time on your visit to entertain tha ladies while your here.

Guy "I am so looking forward to tha updates!" Koepp

"Tee hee! Get it! Bio as in biography or bio-diesel. It has a double meaning which makes it funny. Fine. These are the jokes people. Laugh or not." (Guy)

BA-DUM-CHZZzzz!!!

There's your rim shot! But I really thought it was funny...

Eric

I had a friend up in Yosemite who's car ran the same way, and it always smelled like french fries. Bears broke into his car like, 5 times LOL. If you didnt know, bears break into the cars at the slightest hint of food in Yosemite. But yeah, the last few posts reminded me of that so I thought i'd mention it!

Good luck with your project, and have fun with it!

Chris.