TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb Alvey's 30 Pounds in 30 Days - 2008!

robbalvey

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ask...what are you going to do on Thanksgiving Day?

Absolutely nothing. We usually go to Vegas but we decided not to do that this year. Thanksgiving isn't really a holiday I celebrate. Not because of any reason in particular it's just silly, IMO. If anything I'll use it as a day off work and get caught up on TPR store orders.

--Robb

I have to ask...what are you going to do on Thanksgiving Day?

Absolutely nothing. We usually go to Vegas but we decided not to do that this year. Thanksgiving isn't really a holiday I celebrate. Not because of any reason in particular it's just silly, IMO. If anything I'll use it as a day off work and get caught up on TPR store orders.

--Robb

Virginia and Massachusetts usually get into a pissing contest each year over who had the first "official" Thanksgiving: the Pilgrims at Plymouth, Mass., or the Jamestown settlers who came ashore on the James River about 20 miles north of where Williamsburg is today and "gave thanks" and, apparently, had lunch.

Too bad the whole holiday was "manufactured" in the 19th century, so the whole debate is nonsense, anyway. But I do likes me a good roast-turkey dinner.

My family and I already celebrated Thanksgiving two weeks ago!!

It's been interesting to see everyone frantically buying stuff at the stores! Ha!

Hey Robb, it's happened to me also. Several weeks back I ended up gaining more pounds back than I expected. I know I'm gaining muscle, which could account for some poundage gained.

Keep the goal in mind, and you'll be fine! Don't give up!!

Too bad the whole holiday was "manufactured" in the 19th century, so the whole debate is nonsense, anyway. But I do likes me a good roast-turkey dinner.

It's debatable how true that is. To some degree the holiday first entered into it's current form during the Civil War, after a request by President Lincoln. However prior to the Civil War it's known that Thanksgiving was a sporadic holiday that often would occur at different times of the year (if at all, sometimes it would happen more then once) as was deemed necessary by the President. I could also bust out an argument why Thanksgiving is unconstitutional, but I like Turkey way to much to go there.

To bring this topic back a little bit, my WiiFit has officially been retired until the start of the new year. With finals coming up (woot for 15 hours a day of studying!) and my wedding in late December, there is no time for me to use the thing. Starting in January however I plan to become to hit the thing again and try to drop a few pounds (plus some extra from everything coming up).

Day 9 -

So today was a little bit better. WiiFit weighed me in at 1.5lbs less (or 1lb based on the rounded numbers) but once again my bathroom scale weighed me as 2lbs less.

It doesn't matter. Really, if anything this whole exercise is just as much of a test to WiiFit as it is a tool to help me lose weight.

So at the end of 30 days if I'm happy with my overall WiiFit results, I can't complain too much! I will say that I've had the best time working out that I've had in a while! You'd have to threated to peel skin from my balls with a meat slicer to get me to go to the gym for any lengthy amount of time, but I'll put in 30 to 40 minutes on WiiFit without even thinking about it!

So that's a good thing!

Here is today's update:

Anyway, here's today's report...

Starting weigh in - 260

Today's weigh in - 254

Total weight loss - 6 pounds in 9 Days

wiifit15.jpg.6e893a3894ca0298de7ae47207f749d9.jpg

Only one photo today...I was late getting out the door for work!

You'd have to threated to peel skin from my balls with a meat slicer to get me to go to the gym for any lengthy amount of time, but I'll put in 30 to 40 minutes on WiiFit without even thinking about it!

That might be the most disturbing visual I've ever had.

You'd have to threated to peel skin from my balls with a meat slicer to get me to go to the gym for any lengthy amount of time

Good night to skip the Elissa approved hot dogs for dinner.

Between this thread and Animal Crossing, you all make a great arguement for getting a Wii.

Back to Robb's progress, steady as she goes cap'n.

Day 9 -

You'd have to threated to peel skin from my balls with a meat slicer to get me to go to the gym for any lengthy amount of time

Is it too disturbing to admit i visualized that? Not a pretty sight.

Amazing results on the wii Robb. Maybe i should have waited for a Wii instead of getting the PS3.

^Just make sure you turn off you PS/3 when you're done. I just read an article that those things suck up massive amounts of electricity. They use up 9 times as much electricity as the Wii... even when you regularly turn them off!

Keep up the good work Robb... now I'm on my way downstairs for my Dance Dance Revolution practice/workout. I can't be showed up next week at the Thanksgiving Party!

Terry

I just read an article that those things suck up massive amounts of electricity. They use up 9 times as much electricity as the Wii... even when you regularly turn them off!

They just ran a big scare piece on the news here as well about "Phantom Power Vampires" ( I think our news is a bit too into Twilight) and how you should unplug every power consumer after every use to save money. I'm sure my wife would love it if I unplugged everything behind her as she finishes using it...

So today was our 5th year wedding anniversary...went to lunch and dinner...and dinner was at Buca's!!! Needless to say if I got onto WiiFit right now I probably would be very dissapointed! So tomorrow I'm hoping to take the BIGGEST dump of my life, do about an hour and a half of working out and hope for the best on Monday morning!

--Robb

So tomorrow I'm hoping to take the BIGGEST dump of my life, do about an hour and a half of working out and hope for the best on Monday morning!

I was eating some 100 Calorie thin crisps when I read that.

I'm not hungry anymore. I'm going to bed. I got three more days of dieting before zero hour and I have to get up early for a bit of aerobics.

Happy Anniversary!!!

Terry

Sorry for no updates this weekend. We had a good anniversary dinner at Buca's on Saturday night...good for us, not good for the 30lbs in 30 days diet!

I sucked it up and ate next to nothing today (power bar and a small portion of steamed rice was about it) and I did an extended workout at the gym tonight.

We'll see how the weigh in goes tomorrow!

--Robb