TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR & VTR: Matt goes to Las Vegas! November 3-7

It is November which means my 2008 roller coaster season is coming to a close. This year the coasters of Las Vegas will bring my season to an end.

4 hr & 45 min flight to Sin City.

First stop in Vegas. Margarittaville for some lunch.

My Dad & I enjoying our meals. After lunch we went to our hotel Planet Hollywood were I slept for 16 hrs!

My hotel room was AMAZING!

The next day after my beauty sleep I headed over to New York New York to ride my first credit in the West the Manhattan Express!

Yayy 216th credit

Ouch painful loop.

I loved the dive loop!

Some pics of the strip on my way to Stratosphere.

Thats a big coke

Paris.

Time to ride the monorail to the south part of the strip.

It is time for Stratosphere!

I've waited so long to come here

I can't believe that there are thrill rides way up there!

A view of the mountains from the tower's top!

A view of Sin City.

Me on Stratosphere!

Big Shot was AMAZING It was the only ride working today.

That night we saw a magic show called Penn & Teller. It was a really good show.

After the show we went to downtown Vegas for dinner.

Wednesday we went golfing. I gave up after the 5th hole

That night we saw Blue Man Group. That was my favorite show.

Thursday we did a lot.

First stop of the day Hoover Dam!

Hoover Dam!

2nd stop of the day Buffalo Bills to ride Desperado!

This hyper was awesome!

It had airtime

Not to mention a couple of tunnels!

My 217th credit was worth the $8!

The final stop of the day was back to Stratosphere!

You should have heard my Dad scream on Big Shot

Insanity was open & it rocked!

X Scream was still closed

Friday was a sad day because it was the last day of my 2008 Roller Coaster Season

Canyon Blaster was my favorite coaster of the trip!

You black out in the back seat going over the loops!

I tried to be a credit whore but got denied

I ended my 2008 roller coaster season in the front seat of my new favorite Arrow Corkscrew. This was my 632nd run of 08! A record that will be hard to break next year! I had so much fun in Las Vegas that I am already trying to convince my parents to let me do the 3 day add on after West Coast which I can't wait for! 2008 was the best roller coaster season I've ever had & 2009 looks even better! Is it March yet

Week Conclusion:

Manhattan Express=1

Big Shot=2

Desperado=2

Insanity=1

Canyon Blaster=2

2008 Roller Coaster Season Conclusion:

Different Roller Coasters Ridden=158

Roller Coaster Runs=632

Amusement Parks Visited=37

Days spent at an Amusement Park=58

Watch the VIDEO!!!!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Matt, nice report.

How come you didn't go x-scream, was it down?

Did you try and get the Miner Mike credit at Circus Circus, I've never tried - I don't know if they have any restrictions.

Thanks Brent! Yeah X-Scream was down all week but I still loved Stratosphere. I was too tall for Minor Mike

Ok yeah I haven't watched the whole video yet but awesome you used Blue Man Group music! I'm a huge fan... You should definitely check out the traveling shows if you get a chance. The Megastar Album/DVD is awesome as well.

I really want to go back to Desperado because it was a ton of fun... When I rode it though I swear it was less than $5.

Bummer that X-Scream wasn't working but honestly after our group broke the ground based one at Rye would you have really wanted to ride it?

I know the feeling of hopelessness that sets in around this time of year though... Parks closing and all that...

Nice report though. (but your video dates seem off by 3 months just btw...)

Too bad Speed: The Ride isn't running anymore. That's a fun one, and it's right across the street from the Stratosphere. I got that credit in 2001.

And speaking of that, you also missed the High Roller that was up there. The ride itself wasn't much, but just the idea of a coaster that high made it a worthy credit to get. I'm glad I got it in 2004 before it closed for good. Big Shot is a great ride. Haven't done Insanity, but did ride X-Scream---all by myself in the front seat!

Mancrappin' Express...I did that once in 1999, so I haven't ridden the new trains yet. My last trip on Desperado was in 1999 as well, and I've only ridden the pink and blue trains. The yellow one never seems to run when I'm there.

Overall, I'm glad you had a blast.

Eric

^The Planet Hollywood Hotel used to be called the Aladdin. It changed over some time in the past two years.

Thanks fro the TR Matt. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Desperado, since the last time I rode it, the ride was quite rough. I agree with you that it is a fun coaster.

As for Miner Mike, I was there the other day and thought about bribing the ride op to let me try, but didn't go through with it. Considering there is surveillance everywhere, I doubt they would do it, but I would love to see someone get that Miner Mike credit. I'm jealous that my son has it and I don't.

Great photo report. Vegas is always a great time!

How did you get that photo with Penn? That's cool.

Mike

After the show he did a signing!

Great TR Matt! Though it may be a long wait until the Summer, the West Coast trip is not too far away, so keep up the TRs and soon we'll be in California!

Thanks Adam! I'm in the off-season now so no more TRs for awhile but I'm already planning my first trip of 2009. It will probably be BGE (or whatever its called since it was bought) in March. The countdown begins 4 months to go! So your definitely on West Coast!?

^The Planet Hollywood Hotel used to be called the Aladdin. It changed over some time in the past two years.

Thanks fro the TR Matt. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Desperado, since the last time I rode it, the ride was quite rough. I agree with you that it is a fun coaster.

As for Miner Mike, I was there the other day and thought about bribing the ride op to let me try, but didn't go through with it. Considering there is surveillance everywhere, I doubt they would do it, but I would love to see someone get that Miner Mike credit. I'm jealous that my son has it and I don't.

Thanks. I actually bought the ticket for Minor Mike before I got denied which made me mad

Too bad Speed: The Ride isn't running anymore. That's a fun one, and it's right across the street from the Stratosphere. I got that credit in 2001.

And speaking of that, you also missed the High Roller that was up there. The ride itself wasn't much, but just the idea of a coaster that high made it a worthy credit to get. I'm glad I got it in 2004 before it closed for good. Big Shot is a great ride. Haven't done Insanity, but did ride X-Scream---all by myself in the front seat!

Mancrappin' Express...I did that once in 1999, so I haven't ridden the new trains yet. My last trip on Desperado was in 1999 as well, and I've only ridden the pink and blue trains. The yellow one never seems to run when I'm there.

Overall, I'm glad you had a blast.

Eric

I should have taken pictures of Speed before it gets torn down, oh well. I am pretty bummed that I missed High Roller but Big Shot was incredible. Manhattan Express is still crappy

It's funny, High Roller is probably the lamest coaster I have been on but I have also never been more scared on a coaster, I was totally numb from the waist down with fear. Put that coaster at ground level and it's nothing.

You never know with Speed, it may turn up somewhere else, probably not Clementon though. BTW have renamed Hellcat yet?

It's funny, High Roller is probably the lamest coaster I have been on but I have also never been more scared on a coaster, I was totally numb from the waist down with fear. Put that coaster at ground level and it's nothing.

You never know with Speed, it may turn up somewhere else, probably not Clementon though. BTW have renamed Hellcat yet?

That will be awesome if Speed came to Clementon. Oh & Hellcat is still called Hellcat

This is my 300th post