TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hansa Park Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm visiting Hansa Park next year and was just curious about how long the lines are usually in the start of the season (mid April). Are the coasters walk-on or do you need to wait? It shouldn't really be a problem since there's only really Kärnan, Fluch, Nessie, Glocke, Hai and possibly some of the water rides that I need to ride and I'm there a whole day but I'm just curious.

Hey guys, I'm visiting Hansa Park next year and was just curious about how long the lines are usually in the start of the season (mid April). Are the coasters walk-on or do you need to wait? It shouldn't really be a problem since there's only really Kärnan, Fluch, Nessie, Glocke, Hai and possibly some of the water rides that I need to ride and I'm there a whole day but I'm just curious.

I can't speak for early in the season from personal experience, but they're usually not that bad even in peak season (July-August) and from what I've seen/heard the park doesn't often see especially large crowds otherwise (unless during holidays perhaps).

Fluch and Kärnan are likely to have lines since they're basically the park's two star attractions and the latter is still very new. Everything else should basically be walk-on, especially the water rides since it's still cold in early April.

Thanks for the help, but I still hope the lines for Kärnan and Fluch are short since they are the rides I look most forward to reriding (as long as they're not rough, which I've heard sometimes).

So if someone has information about april it's still very much appreciated!

Thanks for the help, but I still hope the lines for Kärnan and Fluch are short since they are the rides I look most forward to reriding (as long as they're not rough, which I've heard sometimes).

So if someone has information about april it's still very much appreciated!

I went in april this year and everything was walk on

That's awesome! What did you think of Fluch and Kärnan? I've heard Kärnan is rough, is that true?

I thought they where fantastic! Kärnan is now my number 1 coaster I don`t think it is rough, slight shuffle here and there but with the comfy restraints it doesn`t matter

That's awesome! What did you think of Fluch and Kärnan? I've heard Kärnan is rough, is that true?

I thought they where fantastic! Kärnan is now my number 1 coaster I don`t think it is rough, slight shuffle here and there but with the comfy restraints it doesn`t matter

Indeed, Kärnan isn't rough at all. It's not because it's a Gerstlauer that it's automatically rough. Yeah okay, it isn't perfectly smooth, but not rough by any means. It is an excellent coaster with some crazy insane elements. That's why it sits in my top 5.

I wouldn't call Kärnan rough, but it can be very forceful in spots. Fluch has gotten jerkier in the past few years, although it depends on the train.

It's not because it's a Gerstlauer that it's automatically rough.

I've personally never ridden a Gerstlauer so I don't have any prejudice against it but I read in a review that it had side-to-side jolts.

Also, would you guys say that you can do Hansa park, Heide park and Phantasialand one day each, or is it worth it to remove one of the parks for another day at one of the remaining ones? Again, we're talking mid-april.

Also, would you guys say that you can do Hansa park, Heide park and Phantasialand one day each, or is it worth it to remove one of the parks for another day at one of the remaining ones? Again, we're talking mid-april.

Hansa Park is very easy to get through in one day, especially if the lines are short. You'll likely have the whole place covered before lunchtime.

Can't speak for Phantasia since I've never been there but Heide-Park would depend on the type of crowds and day since it's a lot bigger.

Hansa and Heide are one day parks. If there is one of the parks you should consider spending two days in it is Phantasialand, that place is awesome.

If it's your first time in Germany doing parks you should do a day each at the three parks.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned here yet. Apart from the theming Kärnan will receive another change for the upcoming 2017 season. This affects the element in the tower, so stop reading here if you want to avoid spoilers.

The drop inside the tower will be changed to a 'XXL' version with increased length and intensity according to park owner Mr. Leicht. This change will be temporary for now to see if it is not too intense for visitors.

German Source (Paywall)

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned here yet. Apart from the theming Kärnan will receive another change for the upcoming 2017 season. This affects the element in the tower, so stop reading here if you want to avoid spoilers.

The drop inside the tower will be changed to a 'XXL' version with increased length and intensity according to park owner Mr. Leicht. This change will be temporary for now to see if it is not too intense for visitors.

German Source (Paywall)

As long as that doesn't increase the length of the time you're stuck in the lift (especially the post-drop part as the soundtrack is timed to the lift) I'm down with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Spoiler of #WhatsInTheTower following.

The max velocity has been confirmed to be increased from

5m/s to 11/ms

or 18km/h to 39,6 km/h

or 11,2mph to 24,6mph

Edit: Adjusted mixed up number as pointed out by thrillseeker4552 /Edit

German Source

Edit: Almost forgot to mention the other info of the article. The construction of the kids coaster "Der kleine Zar" has begun:

9457965d1485869933-2017-neuheiten-und-veraenderungen-hansa-park-img_5903.jpg

9457966d1485869933-2017-neuheiten-und-veraenderungen-hansa-park-img_5904.jpg

The Sky-Fly "Kärnapulten" will open sometime during the year.

Edited by Taron

Gotcha. About how far does the train drop down the lift? The original speed, 6.8 mph seems really slow and doesn't seem like it's actually falling far. I can run 6.8 mph if I really try! Lol. 24.6 mph is obviously faster but still seems like a pretty small drop. Regardless, it's still my most anticipated coaster I'm riding later this year. It's a pretty "unknown" coaster here in the states, as most European rides are, but even my "coaster friendly" friends had no idea about it.