TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hansa Park Discussion Thread

D'oh, you cut the ending! Can't wait for the longer version. But great video nonetheless, millions thanks for sharing!

The free-fall in the tower is great, but damn that takes A LOT of time.

Full POV here including ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTRHf384ryI

I know what you mean about it taking a long time, wonder how it affects the throughput, although they can probably dispatch a train every 90 seconds - 2 minutes.

this video has been removed by the user - why?

^fair... Germany is definitely on the list for a trip soon!

you are welcome

which theme parks you want to visit?

My suggestion:

- Hansa Park (North)

- Heide Park (North)

- Phantasialand (Middle)

- Tripsdrill (South)

- Holiday Park (South)

- Europa Park (South)

• 2 weeks later...

Got to ride Kärnan today, what a GREAT ride! The bakcwards drop was great fun! Seemed like a lot of people didn't know about it so they where screaming like crazy The coaster is very intense and has some great airtime I did not think it was very rough, a little shuffeling here and there but nothing major, and with the comfortable restraints it did not affect the ride It seemed like the GP loved it, they where clapping and cheering on the brakerun! Can't wait to see what they will add to the ride next season

I'll be heading to Hansa Park next week, either Wednesday or Thursday. Super excited for Kärnan.

How are the lines for Kärnan so far? I heard it got up to as much as two hours on opening week, but with the single rider line you could skim through in 15 minutes. I'm going alone so I'm of course choosing single rider. I wish Fluch had its SR queue start much earlier instead of during the final ascent, would have made re-rides much easier.

I'll be heading to Hansa Park next week, either Wednesday or Thursday. Super excited for Kärnan.

How are the lines for Kärnan so far? I heard it got up to as much as two hours on opening week, but with the single rider line you could skim through in 15 minutes. I'm going alone so I'm of course choosing single rider. I wish Fluch had its SR queue start much earlier instead of during the final ascent, would have made re-rides much easier.

They have stopped using the single rider line unfortunately The wait time was 60 minutes the entire day from opening to closing.

They have stopped using the single rider line unfortunately The wait time was 60 minutes the entire day from opening to closing.

That's a shame, but the park tends to be very busy in the last week of July/first week of August. It would be put to good use if it's not too much of a hassle.

The park's website states that the rides open at 10 A.M, but I know for a fact that most of the rides at the front of the park open with the park itself, and the more popular ones in the back (Rio Dorado, the log flume, Crazy Mine, Fluch) open around 9:30. Do you know if that is true for Kärnan as well? I'd like to hit it as soon as the park opens.

That's a shame, but the park tends to be very busy in the last week of July/first week of August. It would be put to good use if it's not too much of a hassle.

The park's website states that the rides open at 10 A.M, but I know for a fact that most of the rides at the front of the park open with the park itself, and the more popular ones in the back (Rio Dorado, the log flume, Crazy Mine, Fluch) open around 9:30. Do you know if that is true for Kärnan as well? I'd like to hit it as soon as the park opens.

When i was there the line opened at 10 but they where testing until 10:30

• 3 weeks later...

On September 12th me, my girlfriend and some friends are planning on going to the park for the first time. I was wondering what people here would expect crowds to be as it is just after the summer holidays, and off-coarse what line to expect with Kärnan. Also some tips (like what to ride first) and must doe's in the park.

I was there last thursday, and lines were 1 hour+ on both Karnan and Fluch von Novgorod.

Of course this is in the height of the summer season, but both coasters have a pretty low capacity anyway.

Karnan is fantastic, the trains are very comfortable and it's quite scary going up and down inside the tower with lapbar restraints only. Long time since I've been this scared on a rollercoaster before.

Correct.

However it depends. I rode the coaster 2 times that day. First time was with the reverse drop on, eventhough the queue was already spilling outside of the waiting line and waiting time was about 1:10. The second time the queue was shorter (still about 55 minutes), but there was a problem in the station with one of the guests, and our train dispatched late. Because of that, the reverse drop was turned off. I think this was only for our train because the dispatch was delayed, as the tower works as a soundtube and I could hear the screams from the other trains later on.

I went to Hansa Park yesterday with the CoasterClub Denmark, and finished the day with ERT on Kärnan for half an hour. We also had a small presentation from the parks CEO, and he told us that they are able to turn off the reverse drop in the main season, and they concidered doing it. He also told us that Gerstlauer still runs a couple of tests on the reverse drop, and that they were hoping to improve it during the next year. Also, the theming on this ride is going to expand a lot through the next years. That lifthill is really terrifying, and just as @wrebbit, I really got scared for the first time in a long while, riding a rollercoaster. I can just imagine how amazing that lifthill can be, with the right amount of theming inside the castle. The drop after the reverse drop, may be the most intense I've ever tried. Because of the comfortable T-bars around your waiste, you feel like you are flying out of the train. The element right after the first drop can be a little rough to you, and the next turn aswell, but from then on you just fly through what feels like half of the park. You also get two nice high speed airtime hills, and a small surprise after the brakerun. This is a really intense coaster, with alot of potential!

Yesterday was a really great day for me as I got to visit Hansa Park! I haven't had the opportunity to visit a theme park for about four years now and I am still beaming in memory of yesterday. I had not been to Hansa Park before, so it was even more great to explore. I took some pics and thought maybe you'd like to see some impressions.

Unfortunately, we only had half a day there, since we were making a mini-roadtrip to the baltic sea and it took some time to convince my friend we decided spontaneously to make a detour to Sierksdorf. But better a half day than none and we managed to do pretty much in that 4,5 hours before the park closed!

First thing we did was heading off to the water slide to get some refreshment. We didn't expect THAT much of a splash from that comparatively harmless looking log flume, but it got us pretty soaked. And by the way, I don't know anymore who of you did this annoying "we are on a log fluuume - we are on a log fluume"-song in one of your review videos, but I've had it playing non stop in my head since I ever entered the ride. And it hasn't ever stopped since. Thank you, tpr and unknown log flume bard as your song will live on in my memory for ever now.

HWC9A2RG1G.thumb.jpg.28a168e3a67edd7b1ef25330a33ea779.jpg

Me violating the no loose articles rule (due to forgetting having sunglasses on) and my friend violating the no thumps-up on photos-rule in the back with three random great people who were fun to share a log with.

After that, we headed to some kiddiecoasters since I am a sissy a bit handicapped concerning my motion sickness. We rode the Rasender Roland and I guess my coaster credit got a huge boost since I've only ridden the Big Loop, the Grottenblitz and the Bobbahn in Heide Park before along with a minuscule mini-coaster in the Erse Park in my childhood. I guess over the years I acquired an unfortunate mix of fear of heights and motion sickness, at least this is what I told myself to excuse screaming like a Banshee the whole ride on an only 16m high family coaster for heavens sake.

On the plus side, riding the Roland improved my relation to Vekoma coasters. After my Big Loop incidence of 2011 (my head hurt SO BAD for several days after riding it) I distrusted their coasters a bit, but Roland was pretty smooth and felt actually quite nice to ride.

IMG_1794.thumb.JPG.8e1b5b3d99a2a0ea592d776bb43367fe.JPG

Had to convince my friend that the tracks aren't rusted through but themed.

When we got off, I had to walk around for a bit to regain control over my legs (again, why don't you share my coaster love with me, body?) and admired Kärnan from the safe ground. It is really an impressive ride and I spent about 15 minutes just marveling at this construction.

IMG_1770.thumb.JPG.c030b0ccd8d1ae245c412cbd7d64e0d3.JPG

Marvel with me!

IMG_1780.thumb.JPG.dad5e4994060ebffe5f71b2f6ace8a2e.JPG

Isn't it a beautiful coaster?

IMG_1782.thumb.JPG.6bbc36355ea1b408c7176b2cb8eadb78.JPG

Can you spot the train?

The wait was temporarily only 30 minutes when we passed it. So sometimes you might get lucky if you're there in the afternoon, even when it's still summer break in several counties. By the way, I was really impressed how the amount of people diverged all over the park. It never felt full and we even found some cozy spots to enjoy some crêpes with apple sauce and cinnamon. We ate while watching some kids remote controlling miniature viking floats on a small pond with and around and through a sculpture of a water serpent. The amount of theming and the love of detail is so above and beyond everything I've seen so far! There are so many great areas and every doorknob is themed. If you enter the park, you are greeted with a huge clock made of flowers and everywhere you go there are lush greens and beautiful summer flowers. It is also exceptionally clean in the whole park. Even the signposts indicating the bathrooms are carved from wood and adapted to the theming of the region they are placed in (for example, you see little wiking women and wiking men instead of symbols or generic icons indicating the bathrooms). I also for some reason loved the fact that there are distorting mirrors in front of the bathrooms and spent some minutes hopping around grimacing there. And then there are details like this:

IMG_1787.thumb.JPG.a6b01daf6abb7fa409aa46c3faf1066d.JPG

Nessie! Or something norse? Beautiful anyway!

After I once again was in charge of my motor control, we headed to the Rio Dorado (a spinning rapid ride) and I got to experience the strange feeling of getting chewed up by a rafting vehicle while trying to overcome my fear of heights. I sat in the seat facing the front while being transported upward on some sort of bumpy conveyor belt which made me constantly getting sucked into the cushioning and spit out again on the next bump. The ride afterwards was a bit slow (without much spinning, to my friend's relief), but nice, but I definitely enjoyed the weird lifthill the most.

Following that, we decided to pass the Baracuda Slide since there were no possibilities to drop our bags somewhere.

IMG_1784.thumb.JPG.7d5b9f8e38011f3c298ca04639e51615.JPG

Maybe next time, big slide!

Schlange von Midgard. Honestly, I nearly chickened out since I did not know how high it was and if it had any loopings (I wanted to avoid those and on the park map it looked like there was one). After I was convinced that it's really a tame coaster, I got on and was still a bit afraid. After the train made the first round, I remember thinking "phew ok, intense but short, feeling a bit sick, but I guess it was not so ba-" when the train the off to the second round, to my horror. I don't know, maybe it was the fact that it started in the dark, that I could not see what was coming or that I had a mindset of "omg I'm afraid", but I found it much more intense that the Roland. In my own "how do I even coaster" metric of intense, of course - I really hope I will be able one day to laugh about my tiny steps towards riding coasters without fear.

Afterwards, I needed a break (bohoo) and my friend decided to ride either Kärnan or Novgorod and went with the latter. In the meantime, I got some nice popcorn. Honestly, the prices in the park are absolutely fine! And the staff is really friendly as well. I intended to buy some sweet popcorn, but they were out and the vendor offered me to get some toffee popcorn for the same price instead (only 1,20€). The popcorn really tasted great and the size was exactly right to get a nice energy boost without being to full afterwards. I then had a really great time and a moment of pure joy just sitting on one of the decorative rocks, munching away on my delicious popcorn and taking the scenery all in. I just love the atmosphere and the details of theme parks so much and Hansa Park has a huge lot to offer of those.

Then it was picture time again, this time of the Fluch von Novgorod:

IMG_1800.thumb.JPG.81fa6b9467bb2b8fae4ccf411832c6bf.JPG

Lush greenery everywhere!

My friend got to the front of the queue pretty fast (in about 20 minutes, instead of the predicted 50) but then the ride was down due to some problems and no trains rode for about 15 to 20 minutes. Must have been pretty exciting/nerve wrecking/fun for the people that were already seated - getting stuck in the exact point short before departure that induces this "omg what am I doing, no turning back now"-feeling.

Unfortunately, it was already 18h then and the park slowly closed. We wandered around a bit, not without me gleefully pushing the buttons on a sculpture of a ship furnace, simulating the honking of several sorts of ships. We departed around 18:30 with still lots of people in the park. I'd really like to know how the closing process is done - are they having some park patrol squads, looking behind every corner so no one can hide in the park? Can they finally close the gates at 19h? Or even later? I'd be really interested to get some more behind the scenes peek into the work behind all this. I really love the fact that the Hansa Park seems to have this extra bit of love for details, theming and making the visitor feel welcome. I really loved it there. Now I only have to train myself further to be able to ride the big coasters. I'm a bit sad that I cannot do that right now. I'm still overwhelmingly happy I got to see the park and ride some attractions, but it would be nice to do the thrill stuff and getting nervous in line with my friend/s and other riders, too.

On September 12th me, my girlfriend and some friends are planning on going to the park for the first time. I was wondering what people here would expect crowds to be as it is just after the summer holidays, and off-coarse what line to expect with Kärnan. Also some tips (like what to ride first) and must doe's in the park.

I'm not going to lie, things have been tense the last few days hence why I kept quiet here. Long story short: My ex is no longer allowed to come along and my parents thought it would be a good idea for them to join me, now I'm going next weekend (September 5th), and that brought 2 weeks of not knowing if the trip would come next weekend or not. But we're finally in the bookings phase again so everything went well.

But that news isn't the reason that I post today, I do have some more questions that I like to get answered.

-Park Navigation. How easy is that? I looked at the online park plan but to be honest I'm not getting any wiser from that.

-Wich first? Schwur des Kärnan or Fluch von Novogord, wich ride would you guys suggest first. I'm aiming for slowest line first.

-Not to miss. Except for the coasters, what rides would you guys say are must does? Or any other feature that I should check out.

It's already good to hear crowds will be reasonable when I'm there (I mean a hour wait for the top rides in the summer I can live with that). So thank you in advance if you answer one of my questions, it will help me allot to make the best of my day.

Anyway I'm very excited for my visit to Hansa park.

Except for the coasters, what rides would you guys say are must does? Or any other feature that I should check out.

From my limited experience I'd recommend the following:

If it's still reasonably warm, I'd suggest the log flume ride. It's nice and a historic part of the park (it's there since 1977) and also a short, fun ride. No big thrill factor compared to the coasters probably, but nice. There are also some dryers at the exit so you don't have to stay wet.

If you'd like to get a good overview over the park, try the view tower, maybe early on, so you know where you'll find everything.

Other than that, if you like popcorn, I'd strongly recommend to give the toffee popcorn a try.

Oh, not a feature, but handy: if you arrive by car and the ticket booth is not crowded, pay your day ticket for parking right away. This way you won't have to get in line in the evening, when everyone wants to pay.

Have fun, hope you have a great day!

Except for the coasters, what rides would you guys say are must does? Or any other feature that I should check out.

From my limited experience I'd recommend the following:

If it's still reasonably warm, I'd suggest the log flume ride. It's nice and a historic part of the park (it's there since 1977) and also a short, fun ride. No big thrill factor compared to the coasters probably, but nice. There are also some dryers at the exit so you don't have to stay wet.

If you'd like to get a good overview over the park, try the view tower, maybe early on, so you know where you'll find everything.

Other than that, if you like popcorn, I'd strongly recommend to give the toffee popcorn a try.

Oh, not a feature, but handy: if you arrive by car and the ticket booth is not crowded, pay your day ticket for parking right away. This way you won't have to get in line in the evening, when everyone wants to pay.

Have fun, hope you have a great day!

I'll be sure to check those out. I might try the popcorn, it's not that I love popcorn but I can enjoy it.

I can't get those parking tickets at the head register (near the entrance) right? I need to go to that circler building on the parking zone right? At least that's how I understand it from the site.

Yes, you get the tickets at the booth that is located at the barrier to/from the parking lot. It is near the bottom of the stairs to the road bridge (but I think I've seen some ticket machines near the main entrance as well, iirc).