TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hansa Park Discussion Thread

^This! I'm sure it will ride great, but it is faaaaaaaaar from pretty. Also has there been much negativity when it comes to how the ride experience will be? I haven't really seen much...

The theming may not be finished until next year, but there isn't a whole lot they can do with that support structure. Maybe that could put up some banners like on Cheetah Hunt? That might look cool...

Spoiler !!!

Kärnan has a reverse freefall mechanism in lift.

The Train goes high -> falls down in the lift and goes high again and continue as normal in the descent.

I don't know how deep the Train falls in the lift.

Edited by Anonymous

Spoiler !!!

The Train goes high -> falls down in the lift and goes high again and continue as normal in the descent.

If this is true, it might be the most insane thing a company has ever done. I'm with the guy above me, I'd totally crap myself if I didn't know!

Spoiler !!!

If this is true, it might be the most insane thing a company has ever done. I'm with the guy above me, I'd totally crap myself if I didn't know!

There are several Coaster Websites/Groups from Germany, that have confirmed this.

Like this one.

Spoiler !!!

Seriously?? I was thinking of that and thought it would be there when we saw the first pics of the lift (because of the brake mechanism, and the habit of Hansa Park to do awesome extra stuffs)! But then I saw that the same things were on Smiler... on which I read a speculation about that kind of lift, but it hasn't happened.

Edited by KingRCT3

Hey everybody!

I haven't really posted here for a long time (but alwayssss lurking ) so sorry if I do anything wrong in this review!... Anyway, I was in the park today for the opening of "Kärnan", and WOW! It is a *very* intense coaster. The ride opened at noon today and had a steady 1 1/2-2 hour line till the park closed (with all other rides being under 20 minutes) — people were cheering and clapping after nearly each ride, and everyone seemed to absolutely love it. As of now, the queue area theming and on-ride theming is non-existent, but as you all probably know, it will be added next season.

A few main points about the ride, just in my opinion, though! (SPOILERS!):

The first thing I noticed is how great the trains are. The restraints are super comfortable and you have lots of leg room and freedom of movement.

The park had been great at keeping the lift hill backwards vertical drop a secret. I still wasn't completely sure what was going to happen when the ride stopped on the lift hill! It seems to stop about 2/3rds of the way up and drop maybe just 1/3rd of the entire length of the tower, but it is still a nice gimmick. The drop itself is very comfortable and the braking smooth. It is more or less completely dark in the tower (as of now).

First drop = INSANE. On my first ride, I was in the last row, and you get some very, very strong ejector air during the drop. It literally yanks you into the vertical dive and twist with sustained airtime, and the sense of speed is greatly enchanced due to the 'tunnel'. The first drop seems to me quite perfect and was my favorite part of the ride.

The next element (the butterfly dingy – anyone knows what it is called?) is extremely good as well and offers what I would call 'strong floater' to 'mild ejector' airtime. The combination of airtime and 'twistyness' is just great.

The rest of the ride is mostly about speed, but with three or four quite strong airtime moments thrown in the mix. It just seems to never let up and is full of surprises, although mostly in the first half. A great surprise was, for instance, the transition after the first overbanked turn which offfered a strong boost of ejector airtime. The second half of the ride I found less inspired, but still nice.

The indoor inline roll after the brake run was a nice surprise as well. Good hangtime.

The strongest negative point about the ride is its roughness. I had only two rides during the day (it was my first time in the park so I wanted to ride everything), once in the very back, outer left seat and once in the second-to-last row, inner left seat. Especially in the second half of the coaster there were a few problems. It seemed to be random, but strong jerking rather than a constant rattle, and it was especially noticeable in the outer seat. It was tolerable, but still borderline painful, and would make something like a marathon session quite a... marathon

The second thing is capacity: the ride is very, very long and the trains seat only 16. This obviously makes the line a bit slow, but the park isn't huge yet, so it's not a big problem.

Generally speaking, I think this coaster will land in my top 10. All in all, it is a very intense, very original ride. The roughness is the only negative factor and definitely a nuisance, but it is pretty much made up for by the extreme first drop and the airtime thoughout. Go ride it!

Below a few pictures I snapped one my iPhone.

image.thumb.jpg.0bd42d1dcc3d4954d401e49b086d9fb7.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.37713a5bee95e8fb57e2c8fce93c9916.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.75f06dddbb40f67901f6243fb133daad.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.c933a5a89067eb42363caf82ae637afd.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.669e7ef52a8d7996ff204067dc0a87bb.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.219469fb3e35387328823269cf87acca.jpg

Thanks for reading!

image.thumb.jpg.e07c6337cf89f8390007a078abf2bc9a.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.1a53a191d67d01e4c9ec0b0fa027c587.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.d15e88ea5d2af39567d59cdfcac1bdf1.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.46a6f900058945457eb97d5cbe7a8824.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.5a97f58b46f70e71b90fb315846c6e1c.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.ea7e126ea7b7c8919538fc34fee1488a.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.114111c262c574d6c75c55c391174de5.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.b06edcbd8c48d01df71eecc98fc03674.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.81dbdd0ead1d002fd5bb65c8b0410493.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.84a1393612cca16a77b0c164c009eedd.jpg

WOW! That looks awesome! Such a great feature on the coaster. Having it in (almost) pitch black dark must make it even that much more terrifying. Hopefully more future coasters will adopt this feature!! Thanks for sharing!!

I must say this really looks promising!

And cant wait to see how the tower will look like next year, Hansa Park has been really good with theming, just look at Die Schlange von Midagard and Fluch von Novgorod, so I hope this will be just as great, if not better!

And the ride it self, looks incredible! And the lifthill drop, clever!

Cant wait to try this next time I visit the park!

Check out these On Ride Pictures of this brand new Gerstlauer Hyper Coaster

called "Der Schwur des Kärnan" at Hansa Park Germany. I have a great and only "one" ride yesterday - it was awesome! Yeahhhhhhh!

1849370847_DerSchwurdesKrnan01a.thumb.jpg.10bbabd7dd19f303f739c4b84e2d15b0.jpg

first drop - woooooooooooooooooooooow

1553623568_DerSchwurdesKrnan04.thumb.jpg.0676bb0f0cb78769a7d2d4bb4edb5819.jpg

1563160164_DerSchwurdesKrnan05.thumb.jpg.c31333e0aefd70829bfe6ddd32fedc10.jpg

1838313697_DerSchwurdesKrnan08.thumb.jpg.9b396a40636c44bf4aa53e664575fe38.jpg

1121990245_DerSchwurdesKrnan09.thumb.jpg.2520b3720624708d433173c49d5b917c.jpg

187396723_DerSchwurdesKrnan10.thumb.jpg.6809ee63e7193da44b8e0e0fc5d3b13b.jpg

1393830806_DerSchwurdesKrnan11.thumb.jpg.9044980814423c7ac09a6d7eb098afd9.jpg

heartline roll at the end of the track

D'oh, you cut the ending! Can't wait for the longer version. But great video nonetheless, millions thanks for sharing!

The free-fall in the tower is great, but damn that takes A LOT of time.

D'oh, you cut the ending! Can't wait for the longer version. But great video nonetheless, millions thanks for sharing!

The free-fall in the tower is great, but damn that takes A LOT of time.

Full POV here including ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTRHf384ryI

I know what you mean about it taking a long time, wonder how it affects the throughput, although they can probably dispatch a train every 90 seconds - 2 minutes.