TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hansa Park Discussion Thread

So im not really a fan of vertical lifts on rides as I find them uncomfortable so I am wondering exactly what the lift will feel like on this. I think I'm right in saying there will be effects once the theming is complete but still its the seating position I don't find great. Lets just hope for a quick lift

Hi guys,

So I am doing a little bit of a Netherlands and Germany theme park tour this summer, and I was currently a bit uncertain about Hansa Park. I'm in Hamburg for 3 days, one of which will be spent in Heide Park and at least one day in Hamburg itself.

Current plans were:

Efteling

Toverland

Heide Park

[perhaps Hansa Park]

Europa Park

Tripsdrill

I really don't know much about Hansa Park outside of their coaster collection, and was wondering what else there is in the park worth doing? I am very much into well themed parks, and would happily spend a day in a park which is just nice and pleasant rather than just hitting credits...but I wasn't sure whether there was much that unique to warrant a 1 hr 30 min trip out there.

Fluch von Novgorod and Karnan (if open when I go there in early August?) are the main rides that might draw me there, but since I'm going to Tripsdrill later in my trip I wasn't sure if Novgorod would entice me enough to go to the park instead of spending another day in Hamburg city itself.

Thanks for any advice!

Hi guys,

So I am doing a little bit of a Netherlands and Germany theme park tour this summer, and I was currently a bit uncertain about Hansa Park. I'm in Hamburg for 3 days, one of which will be spent in Heide Park and at least one day in Hamburg itself.

Current plans were:

Efteling

Toverland

Heide Park

[perhaps Hansa Park]

Europa Park

Tripsdrill

I really don't know much about Hansa Park outside of their coaster collection, and was wondering what else there is in the park worth doing? I am very much into well themed parks, and would happily spend a day in a park which is just nice and pleasant rather than just hitting credits...but I wasn't sure whether there was much that unique to warrant a 1 hr 30 min trip out there.

Fluch von Novgorod and Karnan (if open when I go there in early August?) are the main rides that might draw me there, but since I'm going to Tripsdrill later in my trip I wasn't sure if Novgorod would entice me enough to go to the park instead of spending another day in Hamburg city itself.

Thanks for any advice!

I really enjoyed our day at Hansa Park on the last Scandi trip. I hadn't known anything about it beforehand, but was quite impressed by the extensive theming of rides and charm of the park. Fluch von Novgorod is my favorite Eurofighter, in large part due to it's crazy amount of theming. The ride portion isn't that long but I like it better when Eurofighters have excessive amounts of theming.

The "children-in-boxes" family coaster was similarly charming due to it's bizarreness in theme. Nessie was a nice Schwarzkopf.

Other than coasters, my favorite thing was probably the ropes course, similar to Adventure Mountain at Dollywood but quite a bit more intense elements. I know it had mixed reactions, but I also loved the "Giant Bell" Frisbee type ride, which has horrendous capacity to have excessive amounts of theming. There are two flumes, one traditional (not incredibly memorable) and one more splash-boatish (memorable because I'd never seen one quite like it). Didn't get to ride the Skyscreamer, but it should be quite pretty, the observation tower was nice. Ah, and the double Bayern Curve was quite unique, but honestly was not a great ride. Awesome "queue area" though...

So, overall I'd say that if you really like good theming and nice parks (which sounds like you are), it could be worth it. If you're looking for awesome rides with speed/forces/etc., you might want that extra day in Hamburg.

Okay so now that the heart of the ride is finished (see what I did there ) I have to say I don't think it looks that good. While I'm sure it will be a great part of the ride from an aesthetic point of view it doesn't do too much for me personally.

This thing is a beast! As soon as the media day is announced I'm booking the boat-ticket over to Lübeck/Travemünde. I'll break in to that event with my camera if necessary.

Hi guys,

Current plans were:

Efteling

Toverland

Heide Park

[perhaps Hansa Park]

Europa Park

Tripsdrill

Thanks for any advice!

I really enjoyed our day at Hansa Park on the last Scandi trip. I hadn't known anything about it beforehand, but was quite impressed by the extensive theming of rides and charm of the park. Fluch von Novgorod is my favorite Eurofighter, in large part due to it's crazy amount of theming. The ride portion isn't that long but I like it better when Eurofighters have excessive amounts of theming.

The "children-in-boxes" family coaster was similarly charming due to it's bizarreness in theme. Nessie was a nice Schwarzkopf.

Other than coasters, my favorite thing was probably the ropes course, similar to Adventure Mountain at Dollywood but quite a bit more intense elements. I know it had mixed reactions, but I also loved the "Giant Bell" Frisbee type ride, which has horrendous capacity to have excessive amounts of theming. There are two flumes, one traditional (not incredibly memorable) and one more splash-boatish (memorable because I'd never seen one quite like it). Didn't get to ride the Skyscreamer, but it should be quite pretty, the observation tower was nice. Ah, and the double Bayern Curve was quite unique, but honestly was not a great ride. Awesome "queue area" though...

So, overall I'd say that if you really like good theming and nice parks (which sounds like you are), it could be worth it. If you're looking for awesome rides with speed/forces/etc., you might want that extra day in Hamburg.

Thanks for the advice. I am travelling alone, which is something I'm factoring in a bit, as I'm conscious that some attractions just aren't the same when you're travelling solo. However, I think what you've said has increased my interest in going to the park

You end up with a situation like that on every single Gerstlauer coaster where they didn't build the ride "in order".

Each segment plugs into the next with male/female connectors. If you start building from two directions, you end up with a piece that "doesn't fit".

Anyway, it was bolted into place this afternoon...

11229407_873245189384453_4831739738278588208_n.jpg?oh=c321e64f24ac5fb9ee515dad2e451cf7&oe=55D098C2&__gda__=1439723294_f12fd76106627fc50a021ba15ba18a9e

It wasn't the "last track piece" though. Two more overbanks coming up...

11265030_873250189383953_940918231280788256_n.jpg?oh=ac9bf46e94c7e43dd24da3c01d4230aa&oe=5603AEBC

In the turnaround section, water is back in the ponds...

photos: Hapa Forum

You end up with a situation like that on every single Gerstlauer coaster where they didn't build the ride "in order".

Each segment plugs into the next with male/female connectors. If you start building from two directions, you end up with a piece that "doesn't fit".

There's no way to build an arch like that not from two directions, it's more like something's wrong with the keystone piece.

Hi guys,

Current plans were:

Efteling

Toverland

Heide Park

[perhaps Hansa Park]

Europa Park

Tripsdrill

Thanks for any advice!

Since you're into well themed parks, Hansa Park is a good choice and really worth the drive. Also easy to reach with the Autobahn right next to it.

Themeing for Kärnan however might still be missing when you visit.

You mentioned Tripsdrill - Karacho? Novgorod and Karacho are 2 very very different coasters. I don't think they share any element other than a launch, a station and a queue.

Hansapark isn't the biggest park, 3/4 of a day is probably enough (ofc. depending on queue times kärnen, etc.) so you can spend the evening of that day in Hamburg.

It's a long very drive from Hamburg to Europa Park (>6h). You didn't say if you have an extra day for this. If not, 1/2 day Hansa, rest driving might be an option.

Otherwise I'd suggest changing the order to go to Hansa first and then Hamburg and drive from there.

If you do have an extra day for driving, use it for a quick visit to Holiday Park (Expedition GeForce). You'll drive by very close (<20km) anyway and even a 2 hour visit is very well worth it.

Since you're into well themed parks, Hansa Park is a good choice and really worth the drive. Also easy to reach with the Autobahn right next to it.

Themeing for Kärnan however might still be missing when you visit.

You mentioned Tripsdrill - Karacho? Novgorod and Karacho are 2 very very different coasters. I don't think they share any element other than a launch, a station and a queue.

Hansapark isn't the biggest park, 3/4 of a day is probably enough (ofc. depending on queue times kärnen, etc.) so you can spend the evening of that day in Hamburg.

It's a long very drive from Hamburg to Europa Park (>6h). You didn't say if you have an extra day for this. If not, 1/2 day Hansa, rest driving might be an option.

Otherwise I'd suggest changing the order to go to Hansa first and then Hamburg and drive from there.

If you do have an extra day for driving, use it for a quick visit to Holiday Park (Expedition GeForce). You'll drive by very close (<20km) anyway and even a 2 hour visit is very well worth it.

I am actually going via public transport for most of the way (apart from Europa Park, where some Dutch friends are driving down with me), so I'll be going by train. I should clarify that there are several days for each places:

[travel day][plane already booked]

Efteling

Efteling

Toverland/day in Utrecht

[travel day][plane booked]

Heide Park

Hansa Park/Heide Park/Hamburg

day in Hamburg

[travel day]

Europa Park

Europa Park

Tripsdrill/Europa Park

[travel day]

I've been deliberately generous with myself for travel days to make sure I can get places by plane and train

Seeing Karnan's state, I'm assuming it wouldn't be open by late July/August? Doesn't look nearly ready enough.

I am actually going via public transport for most of the way (apart from Europa Park, where some Dutch friends are driving down with me), so I'll be going by train. I should clarify that there are several days for each places:

Efteling

Efteling

Toverland/day in Utrecht

Heide Park

day in Hamburg

[travel day]

Europa Park

Europa Park

Tripsdrill/Europa Park

[travel day]

I've been deliberately generous with myself for travel days to make sure I can get places by plane and train

Seeing Karnan's state, I'm assuming it wouldn't be open by late July/August? Doesn't look nearly ready enough.

It's 2 months, still plenty of time to finish Kärnan. I wouldn't write it off just yet.

Is the park worth the visit without it? I'd say yes, but if you're planning a Scandi Trip 201x you might delay it until then.

Since you travel by train mostly, there is a train station near Holiday Park: "Haßloch(Pfalz)" trains from Hamburg take 5h there.

Be aware, the biggest railway strike is going on in Germany right now, only 1/3 of the trains are operating. It's 2 months till your trip so you 're hopefully not affected, but keep an eye out on that.

http://www.bahn.de/blitz/view/fernverkehr/uebersicht.shtml

http://www.bahn.de/blitz/view/index.shtml

Efteling

Efteling

Toverland/day in Utrecht

Heide Park

day in Hamburg

[travel day]

Europa Park

Europa Park

Tripsdrill/Europa Park

[travel day]

You like well themed parks and Phantasialand, one of the best themed parks in Europe, is not on your list?

The park is easy to be reached by train(close to Cologne) and should be a must visit park while in Germany

Edited by alexinla