TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hansa Park Discussion Thread

New informations from the latest Newsletter:

- the lift hill structure is going to be 73m (240 feet) high (highest point of track)

- the vertical lift and vertical first drop will be covered by a 79m (260 feet) high tower

^I just thought that it could become the tallest as then it would make more sense for portaventura to break the record again with the Ferrari expansion.

Nothing gimmicky, pure awesomeness. Sounds like it's already better than Shambhala.

Even though I don't like shambhala as much as nitro and it's not even my favourite ride at the park (dragon khan is) I don't really think it is gimmicky. It's not just one meter taller than silver star and it does something many new coasters don't: it has a relatively long layout. But then you're a bit suspicious as you have gerstlauer in our username, aren't you?

So if the drop is inside the tower will the pull-out be completely underground or something or will they open a hole in the tower so that it starts doing it earlier? Also, I'm not really complaining but don't they already have a coaster with a vertical lift + drop indoors?

^I just thought that it could become the tallest as then it would make more sense for portaventura to break the record again with the Ferrari expansion.
Nothing gimmicky, pure awesomeness. Sounds like it's already better than Shambhala.

Even though I don't like shambhala as much as nitro and it's not even my favourite ride at the park (dragon khan is) I don't really think it is gimmicky. It's not just one meter taller than silver star and it does something many new coasters don't: it has a relatively long layout. But then you're a bit suspicious as you have gerstlauer in our username, aren't you?

I like Gerstlauer's designs, that's why I chose the username. Their designs are always creative but they don't seem to get the attention they deserve.

So if the drop is inside the tower will the pull-out be completely underground or something or will they open a hole in the tower so that it starts doing it earlier? Also, I'm not really complaining but don't they already have a coaster with a vertical lift + drop indoors?

Well, CW has Behemoth and Leviathan....

^ Sure, it's just that I imagine one of the biggest (scariest) aspects of a tall coaster drop is seeing how high up you really are although I've never tried a ride with an indoors drop like this so maybe I'm wrong.

I like Gerstlauer's designs, that's why I chose the username. Their designs are always creative but they don't seem to get the attention they deserve.

Of course. I was just kidding. Sadly I've never had the chance to try one but they do seem appealing. Saw, despite reports saying it is rough, is one ride I would really like to try as I love the way it speeds through the MCBR into that last bit. It's great to see more companies reaching these heights with their rides. Hopefully they will also try to improve capacity over their eurofighters. Is this ride going to have trains like the smiler's?

I really like the sounds I'm hearing about the ride, however wasn't it supposed to be a hyper? I'm not complaining, darkride, inversion, 73 m vertical lift and drop (indoor), but I lost the part of hyper and only hear awesome ride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This ride and Lagoon have this direct competition going on in my head...200 foot+, total mysteries as far as elements and design, both will have distinct indoor features, and I can't wait until more is revealed!
I bet Hansa will have much better themeing, for sure. It just depends on when they are announced on which would be "better."

This ride and Lagoon have this direct competition going on in my head...200 foot+, total mysteries as far as elements and design, both will have distinct indoor features, and I can't wait until more is revealed!
I bet Hansa will have much better themeing, for sure. It just depends on when they are announced on which would be "better."
Except nothing to us about Cannibal is a "Surprise" anymore.

Except nothing to us about Cannibal is a "Surprise" anymore.
There's still a slight surprise for us, but we have to keep what we know secret, and we have no idea what Hansa has in store with Karnan. Either way, I can't wait to have this announcement. Does anyone know when their complete announcement will be?

There Tower for the Lifthill (Elevator?) is growing. When you go on the park's webcam you can see the construction site. (You may have to wait a little though because the webcam moves).

364555176_Bildschirmfoto2014-08-29um11_04_27.png.b76d179819bce9ed5517c9824ccf0780.png

Though the webcam does not show the whole tower you can at least get a good impression.

Source: http://www.hansapark.de/de/park/themenbereiche/webcam/