TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hansa Park Discussion Thread

Wait, wait, wait- you're telling me that the SAME PERSON who built Millennium Force, Bizarro, and Maverick is building this? HOLY F**KING S**T THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!!!

It says calculated by Stengel, which means that Gerstlauer has designed the coaster, and then Stengel have been calculating it so se if it's realistic, or if something has to be changed.

So mostly done by Gerstlauer, and maybe a few changes made by Stengel.

• 1 month later...

there are some news from a german-newspaper on this one (source: http://hansapark-fanclub.de/?p=1796 ):

Der Turm, der dem 35 Meter hohen Original in Helsingborg (Schweden) nachempfunden sein wird, soll in den nächsten Wochen an der Stelle des ehemaligen “Power Tower Monte Zuma” entstehen und über 80 Meter hoch sein. Die neue Achterbahn wird vom Turm aus in westliche Richtung, eventuell um die Glocke herum, führen. Dabei erreicht der Zug auf der ca. 1,5 km langen Strecke eine Geschwindigkeit von über 100km/h und maximale Belastungswerte von 5G. Desweiteren betont Andreas Leicht, dass der Turm nicht zur Aufwärtsfahrt dienen soll. In wenigen Wochen sollen der Bau des Turmes, sowie erste Bodenmessarbeiten beginnen.

Quelle: Lübecker Nachrichten 30.3.2014

Onlineausgabe: http://www.ln-online.de/Lokales/Ostholstein/Auf-den-Spuren-von-Kaernan

Sound intresting... they rebuild the original 35m tower from Helsingborg (sweden) but it will be 80 meters high (ca. 262 feet). The track will come out of the tower westwards in direction and around the ride "Die Glocke". The complete track lenght is about 1.5 km and it will run faster as 100 km/h with maximum Gs of 5g.

But the most intresting point is, that Andreas Leicht (owner of the hansa park) mentioned that the tower will not be used to bring the trains upwards.

My speculation: Maybe this will be the first Hyper Coaster with a first drop inside a 80 meter tower. Or maybe it has a free-fall element inside the tower (but seems way to crazy for a full coaster train to be dropped on a freefall segment about 70 meters inside a tower)

^When he said that that the tower will not be used to bring the trains upwards does it mean that the train will not be pulled upwards inside the tower or that it won't go up while inside it? Because the first one would allow for a launch to take place and then the tower would be the place where the train would go up. Still I think that would be unlikely as their other Gerstlauer already has a launch and it would have to go pretty fast to climb 80 meters (something strange using LSMs, which is what gerstlauer uses).

Anyway, this is looking very interesting!

Wait, wait, wait- you're telling me that the SAME PERSON who built Millennium Force, Bizarro, and Maverick is building this? HOLY F**KING S**T THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!!!

It says calculated by Stengel, which means that Gerstlauer has designed the coaster, and then Stengel have been calculating it so se if it's realistic, or if something has to be changed.

So mostly done by Gerstlauer, and maybe a few changes made by Stengel.

*Gives Standing Ovation* Stengel has been getting Credit for "Designing" Coasters for way too long when his Firm only does the Calculating and Plans for the Fabricator.

• 3 weeks later...
That is awesome!!

I did suspect it might be a vertical lift after hearing how big the building would be, but I never thought they would do a vertical drop on this one.

I actually thought they could do a "very beyond vertical drop" but it's still great.

I would like to see, one day, a coaster with normal trains (normal length) feature a beyond vertical drop. Of course it would have to be really tall, but there are some very tall rides nowadays, so..

Because, to me, the thing is the taller coasters get the less airtime their drops will have if they limit themselves to 90 degrees drops. B&M seems to design their hyper drops so that they provide constant floater air all the way and I suppose a coaster with a around 400 ft vertical drop would do that. So, from then on, unless you design a drop like this:

1555308113_SemTtulo.png.16fa983c773d6a00b60c1d88867aaaaf.png

which looks ridiculous, you will never get ejector air in such a big drop (like you do on skyrush). The other option would be to go vertical in the first 100 or 200 feet but then the rest would be just boring.

So what I thought of was if they took a 300 or 400 ft drop and shaped it so that it would provide ejector air all the way, and I'm sure it would have to be beyond vertical.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another newsbit from my speculations:

- Kärnan will be damn epic

Each news about that project is amazing! I'm sincerely very hyped-up, especially when you see what they did with Fluch! (If you only watched a POV or been there the first year, don't miss the improvements they added since!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...