TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hansa Park Discussion Thread

Hansa-Park made a press release today... translated using google and some guessing from my part. Anyone who's fluent with German is free to correct me.

www.hansapark.de/de/presse/pressemeldungen/pressemeldungen/article/kaernan-kommt-hansa-park-baut-hyper-coaster

"Kärnan" comes - HANSA-PARK builds a HYPER COASTER

For three years Germany's only theme park by the sea questioned their guests. How do you envision the next big attraction? Should it be a fast coaster? For families? With thrill factor? Or would you prefer an elaborate theme ride?

For the first time in the history of the HANSA-PARK, visitors and fans had the opportunity to concretely and directly influence the largest ever investment in the future of the park during it's extensive and intensive planning phase.

And so they have decided :

Kärnan comes, HANSA-PARK builds a HYPER COASTER!

The groundbreaking ceremony is planned for later this year. The construction period will be 1 ½ years. Until the opening in 2015 there will be a time of speculation. Even the guests and the majority of fans have wanted: "We want as long as possible puzzle over the details. "

Therefore, only one is officially established as of today: Kaernan coming!

More soon at http://www.kärnan.de

Look forward to an exciting 2014 and Kärnan 2015.

1534566198_Bildschirmfoto2013-11-21um10_33_58.png.1ddaca68622f9e6d8f7f2ebf2ec89df4.png

A concept art released by Hansa-Park

So from the image my guess is that it'll be a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster with possibly a vertical lift and drop inside the Kärnan tower (nice, it's a Swedish theme!). The coaster will feature a 16 passenger cars with lapbars. No words what the final height will be. The real Kärnan tower is 38 meters high but I suspect this version will be higher.

^I wouldn't rely too much on concept art.

An example of "misleading" concept art is this one of Manta (SWSD):

According to this image, Manta (SWSD) has B&M track with 24-seat Intamin trains. In reality, Manta has Mack track with 20-seat Mack trains.

-----------------------

Anyways, I'm excited for Hansa's new coaster. There's a possibility that I might come here on my planned trip to Germany in 2015.

I got this yesterday on Twitter while visiting the Winterdom in Hamburg with friends. Some enthusiast sites like parkerlebnis.de posted about Hansa-Parks new €25 million - USD 33,5 million coaster - sadly as I was about to post here this morning the pricetag was removed everywhere. Luckily at coasterfriends.de someone made a screenshot.

On the same site a Gerstlauer fan posted an image from a proposed Gerstlauer Mega-Coaster which closely matches Hansa-Parks released conceptual art. As Hansa-Park already built the first Launched Eurofighter with Gerstlauer I can see it happening this way.

Overall I would love to see a Gestlauer Mega/Hyper. Would have readily settled for an Intamin or Mack - but take this anytime...

vier_1.jpg.56a6f4a7fff42c6b1b313ecb59dcea18.jpg

Gerstlauer Mega design compared to Hansa-Parks art

^ I remember those trains, and I'm pretty sure they were not an official Gerstlauer train, it was made by some guy who wanted to work in the industry.

I would guess for a Gerstlauer here, but I would love for it to also be a Mack or Intamin.

^ I remember those trains, and I'm pretty sure they were not an official Gerstlauer train, it was made by some guy who wanted to work in the industry.

I would guess for a Gerstlauer here, but I would love for it to also be a Mack or Intamin.

The person who made them is a member of this site, he works at Gerstlauer as an industrial designer. These were his personal concept, and not a representation of Gerstlauer's official work. However he is a Gerstlauer a Employee.

The person who made them is a member of this site, he works at Gerstlauer as an industrial designer. These were his personal concept, and not a representation of Gerstlauer's official work. However he is a Gerstlauer a Employee.

Ah, I see! Thanks for clearing it up.

For those of you who don't know, Kärnan is a castle in Helsingborg, around 45 min away from where I live. In order to make some good theming of that, the speculated budget of €25 million seems possible.

If it really turns out to be Gerstlauer, a really good thing is that they know how to deliver Ejector airtime.

Source

• 4 weeks later...

The official Kärnan website is online. So far only in German and I translate the few facts given so far:

Known facts so far

- Type: Hypercoaster

- Construction: 1 1/2 years

- Opening: 2015

- Biggest single investment in park history

- Groundbreaking: Planned for 2013

Speculations

- How about themed around a Time Machine Ride?

- How about visiting the Templars?

- How about putting the train onto a elevator-style lift system similar to Tower Of Terror?

Next to that Hansa-Park owner Andreas Leicht did an interview with local radio station Radio Nora stating the following facts

- A Hypercoaster should be 61-91 meters tall

- It will bew a "Family Thrillride"

- Theming might only be ready by 2016

The big question is can Gerstlauer deliver a smooth ride? Their eurofighter models have been hit and miss for me: dare devil dive was quite smooth while mystery mine seemed rough in places. From what I've read, Smiler can be pretty rough as well and had some difficulty aligning track pieces. Hopefully they have got this one figured out.

• 1 month later...
Some new contract data from the Kärnan website - mostly not news but now official:

Ride layout calculated by: Werner Stengel GmbH, Munich

Ride produced and built by: Gerstlauer Amusement Rides, Munsterhausen

Security systems and consulting: TÜV South, Munich

Wait, wait, wait- you're telling me that the SAME PERSON who built Millennium Force, Bizarro, and Maverick is building this? HOLY F**KING S**T THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!!!