TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Age Retro Looper [No Limits]

It's been quite some time since I've built a No Limits coaster. My last upload to Coaster Crazy was on 09/21/2007 with a wooden track called Seedy Point Roller. My last steel track was uploaded on 04/03/2005!

In lieu of not building a steel coaster for years now, I decided to build New Age Retro Looper. Let's say that Arrow Dynamics never went out of business; how would a 2008 Arrow megalooper look? That's what I tried to do with this track.

I'm still going around and smoothing different sections out, but the layout is pretty much set. I'm thinking about switching out a corkscrew with a 'cutback' however.

Going up the lift and coming off the block brake.

A tight but incredibly tall Arrow style loop.

Interlocking corkscrews. They tried it on Drachen Fire!

A bowtie, no megalooper is complete without one.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fixed up some areas, worked on terrain a little and took out the final corkscrew. Here's the new sections:

In place of the corkscrew is a turn that heads under the first corkscrew.

The train dives into a ravine, into a turn...

...and then heads into a cutback over a section of track that leads from the station to the lift.

I still have some more track bending to do before I start support building again.

The Gs are fine but there is a bit of hangtime. I'll play around with it and see what I can do. It has to be sort of low though since I don't have a whole lot of speed at that point, which is why I made the track dip down into a ravine before going into it.

The new cutback looks MUCH better, however:

1) I can't help b ut wonder by looking at it if the vertical G forces at the bottom aren't too high or if it pulls some odd hang-like Gs somewhere. does it?

2) I knwonothing about engineering but aren't the supports on the wrong side?

The supports for an Arrow cutback are on that side. I used the cutback (the only cutback ever made I think) on Drachen Fire as reference. history.amusement-parks.com/Drachen%20Fire/drachenfire2.jpg

The vertical Gs in the cutback are:

Entrance: +3.5

Top: +0.6

Exit: +2.5

I have no idea if that's the way it should be but it seems fine I think.

^ I guess that's what the 'tongue' inversion is as listed by RCDB; Vekoma's version of a cutback.

Anyway I have a small update after I stopped working on it for about a week. I'm happy with the trackwork and are moving onto supports. I modified the lift supports to start off.

I'll fix them up a bit, don't worry.