TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

^There is no way they would do a worse job of running the place. I'm thinking if they paved over HRP and put a Cat Food Outlet on the site, they'd make about a billion times more than the park has brought in to date. And they nap for 18 hours a day.

And why does ANYONE take that Southern Star Amusements guy seriously?!? I do not get this.

dt

I honestly don't think the park will open this year. They owe practically every vendor they used last year. Some as little as $300. If you can't pay a $300 debt, there is NO WAY you can operate a park of ANY size. And even if they do open, they will have to pay for everything in cash. NO ONE will extend them credit and so many parks depend on that revolving credit to survive.

I will laugh at all of you wishing the park bad luck. I know for a fact because I have inside sources. The park will open because a deal has already been struck with an investor. You will see but they are waiting as long as they can to announce it. I have seen the park inside recently and everything is being worked on from repainting some building to fully making sure the rides are all running after havin winter maintenance done. See you soon at the park as I already have a 2010 season pass.

^No one is "wishing the park bad luck." But the prognosis for FMP is not good, at least from the "outside." I've actually been to the park twice (the second time to get some previously closed credits), and after my last visit, I figured that they would probably last at least another season. Beyond that, who knows?

Deal or no deal, FMP is living hand to mouth. It's a nice place, but I'm not sure that "nice" is enough. Good luck to FMP--especially to their vendors and staff.

^^So, they found another sucker^H^H^H^H^H^Hinvestor for the park?

Nobody is wishing them ill here, but you don't need a functional crystal ball to have a good idea how a third season would turn out for the park.

Without radical changes anyway. Trying to sell the exact same thing that this market didn't want for a third season is sheer and utter madness.

^Any source quote to prove that? In the past two seasons investors and management have made tons of promises about this park's success that haven't come true. And, if you look at the list of those potential investors for the park's possible third season, you'll notice that all of them (especially Danny Rogers) have made promises that they've yet to keep in their respective projects.

I really hope that the park makes it for at least another season, but between the $5 tickets, the unpaid contractors, the park's location and the management involved, I have very little reason to hold my breath.

I will laugh at all of you wishing the park bad luck. I know for a fact because I have inside sources.

Like cfc already said -

1. No one is "wishing the park bad luck." We all have a lot of experience in the industry (some of us have been working at parks and the in the business most of our lives) and many of us also have "insider information" and we all know that many times that means absoultely nothing. I have seen so many deals on parks & rides fall through at the last minute. Personally, I'd love to see the park open this year, but clearly last year couldn't have been much of a success if the investors already pulled out of the project after less than a year.

2. You really need to watch your attitude (and your spelling) if you want anyone to respect anything you have to say on this forum.

--Robb

I dont wish to make anyone mad. I just know that from reading this forum the last two years that most of the people in this forum dislike the park and think its a joke. I know when the park opened it probably would not survive. But with these new investors who have the cash to make it happen and expand I could see it working. You also have to look at when this park opened. It opened right when the economy tanked. If it would have opened even 1 year earlier then they would have had better chances of making it. I love this park as it is my home park and I live 5 minutes away. I know its no carrowinds or busch gardens but it is my park. I have the highest coaster count for all the rides for the last two years. In 2008 I was there every day it was open if not for just 10 mins to catch a ride on Led Zepplin. I also work at family kingdom so I can kill two birds with one stone. I can go to both parks for free and have a ball doing it. If they do go under all I can say is I hope a nearby park buys the rides like Carowinds. I know they could do with Round About in their park or even Soak'd. They have space and the money. I can only say on what I have heard and who I have spoke to. I have been in the park in the last week and believe me the park is in full swing getting ready for opening. Vekoma did the maintanence on the roller skater two weeks ago and the whole kiddie section was in a mess where they were fully taking apart and inspecting all of those rides.

^Hmm--not sure that Carowinds would go for Soak'd. They removed their Roller Soaker a few years ago, so I don't imagine they'd be in the market for a used one.

I got a kick out of Family Kingdom's shooting dark ride, by the way.

It's OK to root for your home park. But remember that not everybody is going to share your opinion. Personally, I hope FMP survives, because I'd hate to see any park go down (with the possible exception of FujiQ ). As for this season, I guess we'll all know for sure soon enough.

Well having worked as a ride operator at family kingdom for the last 2 years I have to say I know what they have to deal with now. I mean you see all kinds of crazy stuff on rides. One time a guy came off of swamp fox with his pants halfway down. Yeah automatic ejection from park. And this chick flashed the cams on the log flume coming down the last hill last summer. I love the park and hope freestyle makes it. Family kingdom is also in trouble as the guy who primarily owned it died end of last season. His kids want to sell it to his ex wife or sell it piece by piece. So we do not know how long that park will last now.

I agree with the "most of us want it to survive" opinion... I just am not sure it is possible. IMHO - It really all come down to location and the demographics of the location. Myrtle Beach is not a *destination* location. It can support a few small parks but I don't think there is any way an actual theme park that wants to have year round operation can make it. And the person who thought of putting a "rock" park in a town where there are churches and bible billboards every 20 feet is crazy!

As Queen would say, another one bites the dust. For the time, business office only.

Freestyle Music Park closing business offices

Friday, February 05, 2010 at 5:15 p.m.

The delays in getting cash infused into Freestyle Music Park by new

investors means the company will close its business offices until a

deal is reached.

Below is a press release issued by the company Friday afternoon:

The management team at Freestyle Music Park announced today that

delays in funding have not deterred their negotiations with potential

investors; however, limited funds will force the company to close its

business offices until a deal is agreed upon with the current owners.

"While park management continues to pursue negotiations with potential

investors, we have limited funds and need to use those assets toward

the goal of bringing new investors to the park," said Freestyle Music

Park General Manager Steve Baker. "We fully anticipate one of these

deals will be satisfactory to the current owners. It's a tedious

process and is just taking much longer to come to final agreements

than expected. Deals on the table are contingent upon the Park opening

this season. With the time difference in Russia, we will be working

around the clock to make these deals happen in the coming days - not

weeks - days."

Due to the seasonality of the theme park industry, the park has been

operating with a limited staff throughout the offseason. According to

Baker, the remaining staff will be laid off until an investment

agreement is finalized. Until that time, the board of directors and

executive management will continue to meet with potential investment

groups and communicate with the current owners to finalize the

agreement. Once an agreement is reached, the management team will

bring employees back to work, create a plan for vendor repayment and

announce the plans for the 2010 season.

Baker says the success of the 2009 season was very encouraging. He

cites the worldwide economy and recession as the reason the current

Russian investors are seeking additional funding to operate the park.

The out of state parties remain in Myrtle Beach and committed to

seeing the deal through, he adds.

"We've kept all efforts alive to find investors. Our efforts have been

sincere. We've maintained the status quo in order to find new

investors," Baker added. "We still take our financial obligations

seriously and will do everything we can do to resolve them. There's a

great future for this park. It just needs a chance and hasn't had that

yet."

About Freestyle Music Park

Owned and operated by FPI MB Entertainment, LLC (FPI MBE), Freestyle

Music Park is a 55-acre theme park which opened in May 2009 in Myrtle

Beach, South Carolina.

The world-wide destination for the celebration of music, Freestyle

Music Park has more than 50 attractions for fans of all ages. These

attractions include roller coasters, rides, shows, children's play

areas, restaurants, cafés, retail stores, a multi-purpose live music

amphitheatre and a park-wide sound system, which creates an all-

encompassing, rich family-fun experience.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=412453

So I'm guessing next month's opening won't exactly go as planned?

Funny story though, I just typed Freestyle Music Park into google and the only review that came up said "Got my family of 5 into the park for $60, for that price it was a great deal."

Yeah, you can have millions of people come through the door, but at those prices and eight ride ops manning the kiddie coaster you're just hemorrhaging money!!!!

Yeah, you can have millions of people come through the door, but at those prices and eight ride ops manning the kiddie coaster you're just hemorrhaging money!!!!

If you don't pay your bills you increase cash flow and you don't hemmorhage as much!

The delays in getting cash infused into Freestyle Music Park by new investors means the company will close its business offices

I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

The delays in getting cash infused into Freestyle Music Park by new investors means the company will close its business offices

I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

C'mon. We all know this is just a temporary setback.