TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

You guys have no idea what a whore I am. My motto has always been "just be sure to spell my name right on the check". Though I wouldn't sell any of my ideas to Cedar Fair. I have to have some standards...

I agree with you in principle, but in practice you'd just end up being another one of HRP's unpaid creditors while management tries to petition the bankruptcy judge that they absolutely deserve another $50 million in bonuses. I suppose it could be a good idea if you really need a nice write off.

You must not have been reading the article very closely... It clearly says that they will be installing a Plutonium Chamber on the back of every train in order to increase the speed of the ride.

Sure, it isn't conventional, but it's staying true to the theme of the ride.

^That is if the rides or place are actually open!

"Wow, I bet I can get money for this stuff on ebay once the park fails!"

KT still has her "My 1st Hard Rock Park" T-Shirt!

What are you selling? I want a Hard Rock Park sweatshirt!

Scream scape has a story up about how they are doing a press conference to announce a new entertainment show today. I am simply amazed anyone would take the time to do press conferences for a kids area and a show, yet they still have no info about opening day in 2 weeks. I've seen freshmen PR classes do a better job of getting info out then these clowns.

^That is if the rides or place are actually open!

"Wow, I bet I can get money for this stuff on ebay once the park fails!"

KT still has her "My 1st Hard Rock Park" T-Shirt!

What are you selling? I want a Hard Rock Park sweatshirt!

I did a search of Hard Rock Park memorabilia on eBay, and, well, I'm sad to say that there is only a few items going for more that $9.99...BUT...

you can get some great items for cheap!!!

such as the book "THE PARK THAT ROCK BUILT: FIRST EDITION!!!" for only $9.99!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hard-Rock-Park-The-Park-That-Rock-Built-Book_W0QQitemZ170327912370QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27a855afb2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205

Or how about this amazing NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN! THE TRIP! t-shirt for a whopping 5 BUCKS! Woooooo nelly, that'll put a dent in your wallet in this economy!

http://cgi.ebay.com/A3074-HARD-ROCK-PARK-Myrtle-Beach-S-C-T-SHIRT-w-Tags_W0QQitemZ350199375989QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Shirts?hash=item5189826875&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205

I guess my question is, if this merchandise is going for this cheap on eBay, does that mean that basically all the stores in the park will just be walk in and take what you want? Hey, then the park could report it all as an "Insurance Claim" and make a ton of money.

I went to the media event today and have an update for all those that are curious.

Today Freestyle Music Park unveiled two new things: a sign and a show.

The new sign replaces the old sign on Hard Rock Parkway with a new Freestyle Music Park sign that looks like it will light up at night. The sign is only one sided though which I found odd, so if your coming off of 501 you will be able to see the sign, but if you are coming from the opposite direction by the Myrtle Beach Church you will see nothing. Overall a cool looking sign.

The parks new show is called Flip5Live The Rock And Rageous and is located in the Live Amphitheater where all of HRP’s concerts used to be held. It looks like all of the equipment from the Roadies Stunt Show and some from the Malibu Beach Show have been transported to this new stage show area. Most of the black speakers from the Roadies show are now painted a bright orange and yellow color. There are also brightly painted stars everywhere. The show is geared towards families with younger children, I got a very Kids Bop/High School Musical/Yo Gabba Gabba! feeling. Kids are going to be encouraged to sing and dance along with the show and will even have there own kids mosh pit area. During the show there is singing, dancing, acrobatics, and stunts using trampolines. A show like this makes sense in this section of the park because it is by the Kids In America area, but it is a shame to lose the concert section. Kids and families will like this show adults and teens not so much.

The Kids In America section of the park look like it is coming along nicely, with most of the rides looking complete.

Park hours for Memorial Day weekend are going to be 11 am to 10 pm. Beyond that there isn’t much else known yet. Also there are going to be local discounts, and giveaways during the park’s opening. The park also announced that they are going to be working with military, police, emt, firefighters, etc. to let them in for free. I will update if I receive more information.

There was a lot of other changes in the park that I noticed that I am not sure if I am allowed to disclose yet. If I can I will let you know about it.

I have a additional pictures of the event up on my web site but not sure if I'm allowed to post the link as I don't know if it's against the rules. If I can I will.

I have a additional pictures of the event up on my web site but not sure if I'm allowed to post the link as I don't know if it's against the rules. If I can I will.

The rule of thumb is that you need to have at least 50 posts--but it probably wouldn't hurt to e-mail Robb and ask.

The rule of thumb is that you need to have at least 50 posts--but it probably wouldn't hurt to e-mail Robb and ask.

I figured that was the case, didn't want to make anyone mad. I can post more pictures in here if people are really interested, I just was being lazy.

Freestyle Music Park today announced that the roller coaster, formerly known as Led Zeppelin – The Ride, has been renamed and re-themed as “The Time Machine.”

Can Alan Silvestri count as "freestyle music"? Pretty please?

Well, I guess if it still has to be rock...

So they have this nice, 10,000 seat amplitheatre that could be used to host a concert series and actually draw people into the park...and decide to use for a family show that could have just as easily gone in the roadies theater.

...And I still can't buy a ticket online. Or actually get information on the "local discounts." Or hotel partners. With 14 days left until the grand re-opening.

I have to dissagree DiSab. Considering the time crunch they're under their doing about as good as could be expected getting the message out. And they're definitely reaching out (with the free admission for the military) and trying promos more.

Did anyone notice the 'twilight rate' announced in the recent press release:

After opening weekend, Freestyle Music Park will operate a special schedule the weekdays of Tuesday, May 26 through Friday, June 5. On these select weekdays, the Park will be open from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. and offer a special $24.95 ticket price for adult guests and $19.95 for children. The Park will be open normal operating hours for Saturdays and Sundays during this time period. In addition, residents of North and South Carolina will also be eligible for an additional $10 discount off an admission ticket.

This sounds a lot like what many asked for as people are allegedly spending the days at the beach and might want to look for something to do in the evenings.

I do agree with Jew though, that online tickets should be a no-brainer.