TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Maybe I'm making a leap of faith here, but there were 5 pre-shows rooms. Is it possible that each pre-show will be a different decade/song?

You may be on to something larrygator. Maybe you choose which room you enter and that determines which soundtrack is playing when you ride. That's actually a much better use of the station/queue system than 5 pre-show rooms just showing the same video on an endless cycle a few minutes a part from each other.

I was jealous of guests being able to choose all those tracks on Hollywood Dream. I can overlook the ride name with the fact that you have more choices now and it's the first for B&M in the US.

Again, the press release says *NOTHING* about the guests being able to "Choose."

Do you honestly think they would have time to retro-fit two B&M trains with a system for each rider to choose music in the short amount of time they have had since they bought the park?

I really get the feeling if riders were able to choose, it would be ALL OVER the press release.

--Robb

Yeah, I gotta go with Robb on this one.

Point 1: They aren't even mentioning the tracks that are included, which as has been pointed out, most likely means that the songs will not be great, at least not as great as Zeppelin.

Point 2: IF they had something awesome like being able to choose your own track, which if I'm not mistaken would be the ONLY coaster in the US to allow you to do this (as of now) then (as Robb said) it would have been all over the press release.

Honestly though, there's really only one re-theme that should be considered.

Anything short of re-theming this thing into An Adventure Through Dave Thomas' Mind will be considered a failure. If the blimp was set on fire, speed metal was the onboard musical selection, sharks inhabited the water below, and carnivorous bees followed the train........then I'd consider traveling to Myrtle Beach this season.

So...uhh...

The park opens in 15 days, and I still can't buy tickets online. Or even get park hours for their grand re-opening weekend. Or get information on what attractions are in the park besides the new kids area and the re-themed B&M. Or book any local hotel they are supposedly trying to reach out to. Or get directions/transportation info to the park.

But at least I know they are on facebook and myspace.

Anything short of re-theming this thing into An Adventure Through Dave Thomas' Mind will be considered a failure. If the blimp was set on fire, speed metal was the onboard musical selection, sharks inhabited the water below, and carnivorous bees followed the train........then I'd consider traveling to Myrtle Beach this season.

I think Dave is smart enough to not sell his name or ideas to this fail park.

So...uhh...

The park opens in 15 days, and I still can't buy tickets online. Or even get park hours for their grand re-opening weekend. Or get information on what attractions are in the park besides the new kids area and the re-themed B&M. Or book any local hotel they are supposedly trying to reach out to. Or get directions/transportation info to the park.

But at least I know they are on facebook and myspace.

I feel kinds bad for them, I hope they make it. But I will more than likely be going this season because, honestly, I dont think there will be another.

^That is if the rides or place are actually open!

Although I just thought of a genius idea!!! Maybe they are failing on purpose, so that we all go and buy SOOO much merchandise since we know they're going to fail that they'll actually make enough money to stay open another season!!!

I mean, it kind of worked a bit with Hard Rock Park! I bought more stuff there then any other non-Disney park last year because I said "Wow, I bet I can get money for this stuff on ebay once the park fails!"

KT still has her "My 1st Hard Rock Park" T-Shirt!

^LOL! I hadn't ever looked at that site before. Honestly this whole Hard Rock Park thing is just getting annoying by this point, but this gem was just amazing...

Pinball Wizard Arcade® - One step into the Pinball Wizard Arcade® will satisfy even the most hard to please arcade fanatic. Guests will think they’ve climbed right inside a giant pinball machine complete with colorful graphics, flashing lights, fanciful sound effects and moving mechanical parts. The attraction also features classic arcade games.

Um, this was one of the most standard unthemed arcades I have ever seen. Plus it was soooo obviously still in one of the stores from the dead outlet center!

Wow.

If this or any park would allow me to "consult" on their latest installations, they would immediately soar to the top of the attendance lists. Of course, they'd also soar right to the top of the lawsuit list, which is why until someone can build a park on the moon where pesky Earth laws will not apply, this will have to remain a fantasy for all.

I think Dave is smart enough to not sell his name or ideas to this fail park.

You guys have no idea what a whore I am. My motto has always been "just be sure to spell my name right on the check". Though I wouldn't sell any of my ideas to Cedar Fair. I have to have some standards...

dt