TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

My God. I honestly thought this was a late April Fool's joke.

"Freestyle Music Park" cannot seriously be the best name thrown around for ideas.

Rock and Roll Park.

Music Park.

Musicland.

Rock Park.

Just simple, basic ideas for names and instead they come up with this. I can't wait to see a t-shirt from this place...

Seriously, they could have just renamed it something generic like "Myrtle Beach Fun Park" or even "Myrtle Beach Amusement Park" would have been a better name.

Why did they THINK they had to find a name to shoehorn into the old theme?

You have to re-name everything already, so why not just start from scratch and over time phase out the music theme that didn't seem to work in the first place and start over again?

It's clear the new owners felt they needed to keep the music theme in tact, but without the "Hard Rock" brand behind it, IMO, I just don't think it works.

I mean, if you're going to land on a name as bad as "Freestlye Music Park" you might well have just called it "Soft Rock Park" and licensed Kenny Loggins.

--Robb

Eh? I posted in this thread on page 74. But now my post is gone. What has happened? Was it a bad post and a mod deleted it or is it something to do with the site? I'm confused. What's going on?

MOD EDIT by larrygator: Yes, It was either a sarcastic post pretty much restating the obvious and something that a few people already posted.

At first I thought it reminded me of an RCT scenario name - but then I found a list of scenarios and I think every single one of them is a million times better than "freestyle music park".

It doesn't sound like a theme park, it's a weird expression (does the phrase "freestyle music" really bring anything at all to mind?) and it makes it completely impossible to forget that it's "the park that used to be called Hard Rock Park".

Eh? I posted in this thread on page 74. But now my post is gone. What has happened? Was it a bad post and a mod deleted it or is it something to do with the site? I'm confused. What's going on?

I have no idea. Why does it matter?

Freestyle Music Park is the destination for the celebration of that revolutionary phenomenon rock n' roll but also encompasses other genres of music including country, reggae, beach music, pop, R&B, alternative, Christian, and disco.

Bring on the disco!

"Freestyle Music Park" ....???

I´m sure they´ll be winning the 2012 "Peoples most trusted brand - Award" ....

...how will they rename "Led Zeppelin"? ...the "Loud-music-coaster-coming-out-of-a-metall-building-that-looks-like-a-long-metal-ballon"?....

Metal Blimp: The Ride?

In all honesty, I don't think that Freestyle Music Park is a bad name, but is definitely not the best. I really need to get down to SC to see how this turns out.

http://www.freestylemusicpark.com/

Full Volume Family Fun baby!

"Freestyle Music Park" is the destination for the celebration of that revolutionary phenomenon rock n' roll but also encompasses other genres of music including country, reggae, beach music, pop, R&B, alternative, Christian, and disco. At Freestyle Music Park, you can indulge your inner "rock star" while enjoying the park's many and excellent rides, shows and other attractions

Christian and beach music... well, it is near a beach and in the bible belt..hehe

This reminds me of those Carfax commercials where you see the car in the middle of a hurricane with water up to it's roof, and the For Sale listing says: light water damage.....fresh paint.

C'mon, we know you're still Hard Rock. And that's not good.

I thought for sure this was just some really stupid joke! I mean come on. The marketing guy needs to be fired. Hmm, let's take one of the worlds most well known brands in the music industry that is recognizable to everyone, and get rid of it and go with the Freestyle Music name. They should have just payed the extra money to keep Hard Rock, or completely changed the concept/name to something normal sounding.

With a name like freestyle I think of 10-16 year old skateboarders, a few BMX riders, and one creepy 40 year old rollerblader hanging around some concrete slabs. Add the "music" to that and now I just imagine some E-kids with glow sticks in some basement doing some break dancing. Oh wait, this is an amusement park? Umm, well..........

How about the name, "We lost our contract so some hourly kid (The CEO's 10 y/o) came up with the Freestyle Park name because we were too cheap to do any sort of market research at all - Park."

Well, at least the logo's decent.

Really?

Am I the only one that thinks it looks like it was made in about 5 minutes in Photoshop?

Seriously, the guitar with loops is *slightly below average* at best (honestly, it's terrible), and then the font looks like a stock Windows TTF font. I'm sure I've used it on something before....

--Robb

I guess they also got the HRP servers and domain names because on the contact us link on the page it has a hrmbpark.com domain address. That was the corporate domain HRP used before hardrockpark.com came online.

but also encompasses other genres of music including country, reggae, beach music, pop, R&B, alternative, Christian, and disco.

Why does it sound like a little piece of Heritage USA is being brought over? Jim Bakker's probably working on a partnership/investment proposal right now...

I certainly appreciate the effort that the company is making with the short timeframe they've been dealt, but with a name as generic as Flight Deck and Drop Tower, I really can't see the marketing working properly. That being said, I'm hopeful that the park can be reconfigured in a timely and effective manner so that the park may see some success, though I'm still planning my Summer roadtrip so that I get over there before the season ends (when the results of the newly reformed park's season will be revealed, for better or for worse).

I want to see this park succeed (and I wish it had under the more coherent Hard Rock brand), but I still think the biggest issue the park has to deal with is the location itself.

Well, at least the logo's decent.

Really?

Am I the only one that thinks it looks like it was made in about 5 minutes in Photoshop?

Seriously, the guitar with loops is *slightly below average* at best (honestly, it's terrible), and then the font looks like a stock Windows TTF font. I'm sure I've used it on something before....

--Robb

EDIT - as an example, here is the logo for our upcoming Coaster Expedition Volume 12 DVD. If *I* can have a logo and artwork put together that looks this good, a theme park should be able to do a million times better....

You guys do see my point, right?

vol12_logo.jpg.29528847c7f49cfaa84980565a02bd9e.jpg

If TPR can create a logo that looks this good, why can't a theme park?

viking.jpg.3c388fac2b8cc735547b34993af30204.jpg

Here's our Scandi Tour shirt. Seriously, this doesn't cost that much or take much time to put together. I speak from experience. If *I* can produce kick ass logos and art there is no reason why a park can't do this also!