TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

As said before, while the Hard Rock name itself might not have scared the non-enthusiast away, the name and the billboards in the area did convey an "extreme" image to the rides in the park to Myrtle Beach visitors.

While this alone is not what broke the park, it was just one in a line of errors.

Being from SC, and from living in the MB area and knowing quite a few people there, the biggest gripe was the cost to get in the gate.

On top of the fact that many people were disgruntled about the Pavilion, many citizens were still in mourning, as crazy as that sounds.

It'll get more support this time around if they lower the ticket cost to about 25-30 a person, and hopefully they'll do a helluva better job with marketing the park this time around.

But whoever invested this time around got a great deal for an amusement park. $25 million is a helluva lot cheaper than the initial cost of $400 million.

:roll:

All I have to say is Muscle Park.

What exactly are you trying to say? Is your point trying to be "Give Freestyle Music Park a chance because even a park named Muscle Park can be a success?" Because if it is, that's a really, really bad analogy.

Many of us who have been to Muscle Park understand why the name works for the park and the Japanese culture. Do you actually know anything about Muscle Park and it's history? Because if you did you would know that this is not a good comparison at all.

If you're going to look for a comparison, please not try to be clueless about it.

--Robb

"Freestyle Music Park" ....???

I´m sure they´ll be winning the 2012 "Peoples most trusted brand - Award" ....

...how will they rename "Led Zeppelin"? ...the "Loud-music-coaster-coming-out-of-a-metall-building-that-looks-like-a-long-metal-ballon"?....

After reading this I've realized that I have to go to this park this year if I ever wanna ride those 5 coasters. I think this will cause them to lose park visitors.

Can't wait to go to Freestyle Music Park....

Lose visitors? There weren't very many visitors the first time around.

Yea yea the name sucks, we got that the first few times it was said. What truly matters is whether they will survive this time around, and if they lower the ticket cost, I'm sure they will. I think Kennywood and Dollywood are stupid names, but that never stopped me from going.

Yea yea the name sucks, we got that the first few times it was said. I think Kennywood and Dollywood are stupid names, but that never stopped me from going.

Personally, I find Dollywood to be quite clever. It's a toungue-in-cheek play on words based on a famous location, and named after it's superstar part owner. How is that stupid? Do you also consider Walt Disney World stupid?

Yea yea the name sucks, we got that the first few times it was said. I think Kennywood and Dollywood are stupid names, but that never stopped me from going.

Personally, I find Dollywood to be quite clever. It's a play on words based on a famous location, and named after it's superstar part owner. How is that stupid? Do you also consider Walt Disney World stupid?

I should use a better choice of words. Unoriginal is what I should have said. However, I'm not going to get in a posting war about a name. So I digress...

I want the park to be a success. Since I'm from SC I'm obviously biased so I could care less about a name. I think it's a great small park, but with the Pavilion gone, I think the investors though they'd have a monopoly in the area and could charge what they wanted. That obviously didn't work out so well...

I hear what you are saying. But I think those other parks you mentioned, as silly as the names may be, made sense for the park.

This to me just sounds like they were scrambling for a name. It's one thing to scramble to re-name an already established ride from "Top Gun" to "Flight Deck" at a park that already has an attendance base, but in this case they are trying to build a "brand" that will have longevity.

IMO, when you name a park you *NEED* to put some thought into it. Just look at the trouble Visionland/Alabama Adventure has had over the years, but they at least have a top 10 woodie and they are in a good location that helps them out. Other examples are Geauga Lake/Six Flags Ohio/Six Flags Worlds of Adventure/Geauga Lake and Lesourdesville Lake Park/Americana/Lesourdesville Lake Park. And look at where those parks are today!

"Freestyle Music Park" IMO sounds more like a museum or a skateboard park. I either see the park failing or the park's name being changed yet again in a short amount of time.

It's just a bad name. Really bad. Like "Flight Deck" bad....

--Robb

Anyone want to get together and start a new company to guide these parks in the right direction?

Like I suggest for congress, a VERY large portion of the U.S. amusement industry 'decision making' boomers should be wiped clean. Get some Gen X and Y in there.

Walt Disney taught us to dream and use our imagination. It's really not that difficult with a little practice and actual passion.

The further deterioration of the U.S. amusement industry continues (not the whole thing; there are ... few ... exceptions).

In other news, Tokyo DisneySea looks more perfect by the second ... oh, it just got better right then ... oh, and again ... better