TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Im telling you, any buyer who gets the park and want to really see people come thru the gates they are better off theming it after barack obama! This could be bigger than Disney World!

Jarvis "capatalize and pimp the prez..." Morant

Second this.

Led Zeppelin: The Ride will now be knows as "That One".

If they re-theme HRP to an Obama theme, Led Zeppelin: The Ride should be named Obama's Race to the White House I don't think that would work out because aren't most people from the south Republicans?

McCain can have Maximum RPM.

If they re-theme HRP to an Obama theme, Led Zeppelin: The Ride should be named Obama's Race to the White House I don't think that would work out because aren't most people from the south Republicans?

If people came from around the world to stand in freezing weather then I know they will flock to hard barack park to ride the "turn coat" swings, or eat at the elitist eatery, or even the pork barrel "spining" ride

Fantastic! I do not know much about FPI MB Entertainment but it sounds like they are really eagered to get the park moving again. If the park was to officially be sold on Feb 20, that would give them 92 days to rework the offices, names of park and attractions and work out things like employment and prices. Overall though I think that it is really healthy that the park was bought as a whole instead of in parts. Hopefully FPI will log on to TPR and consider some of the new themes as well as learn from HRPs management errors!! Thanks sccoasterfan for letting us know!

Well If they drop their adult prics to 20 and their kids prices to 12 for kids 10 and under I think they will make a lot more money than they did this past summer. But I do not think they should sell season passes yet. The reason for this is because they wont make no money at all. Because all of us that lived in myrtle beach went and got passes and we were the only ones to visit. If they drop the prices then they can compete with family kingdom. One thing I hope they do is a contest to rename the rides. If 2009 goes well then they should be able to add a lot more to the old mall site for 2010. Did you know hard rock park has a log flume in storage about 5 miles away. They were supposed to put it up but never had time and were waiting for 2009. Then the money ran out. You never know maybe they can put that up as well.

RODNEY "Farva" Rogers

Unofficial Hard Rock Park liason

^Lowering prices doesn't mean that revenue would increase. In this case, prices and quantities supplied and demand are linear, so they reach a point of equilibrium where revenue is maximized naturally. Lowering prices doesn't mean that revenue increases just because there is more demand.

I am not sure how season passes effect revenue, but I would agree that waiting for a little is a wise decision. The new management needs to get their roots planted before determining prices. Also, I think at this point they need to worry about '09 before even thinking about developing the mall in '10.

I honestly wouldn't even hold my breath for the park to re-open at all in '09, IF the deal goes through. There is a *TON* of stuff that needs to be done to this place to make it worth operating, even if a $25 million investment is a steal. I'd hate to see the new owners rush into things without doing all the necessary research to turn HRP into a profitable park...just like the first owners.

^Lowering prices doesn't mean that revenue would increase. In this case, prices and quantities supplied and demand are linear, so they reach a point of equilibrium where revenue is maximized naturally. Lowering prices doesn't mean that revenue increases just because there is more demand.

I'm pretty sure of one thing though: You don't need the same amount of revenue to pay off $25 million dollars that you need to pay off $400 million dollars.

I honestly wouldn't even hold my breath for the park to re-open at all in '09, IF the deal goes through. There is a *TON* of stuff that needs to be done to this place to make it worth operating, even if a $25 million investment is a steal. I'd hate to see the new owners rush into things without doing all the necessary research to turn HRP into a profitable park...just like the first owners.

Running the park at that buying price is like playing tennis without a net. Kings Island spent like $22 million on Diamondback alone. These folks got a whole park for a lousy $3 million more. They should just go ahead and open it this year.

I'm not sure that paying $25 million for hundreds of mllion in debt is such a great deal, but we'll see.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they bought the park, not the bankrupt company. Therefore, they don't really have any debt apart from whatever they borrowed to pay the $25 million. Maybe there are some liens against the property from unpaid contractors though.

^Yeah, I don't understand it that well either, but I work for a company that made a bad investment on a much larger scale. We spent like ~$4 billion on a national telecom provider that almost bankrupted us. After spending all that cash, we sold it for $128 million. But we got to keep the ~$2 billion in debt!