TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

I could see Alabama Adventure needing those rides. They have all of one coaster right now?

Dan Koch will be a nice man and spend money on some awesome riders and not a BOOMERANG!

Maybe Dan Koch will get a spinning coaster and/or an SLC for the revival of Alabama Adventure!

Follow the trail of where some of those other rides have already been relocated to and you will probably find where LZ is going. Probably being the key word here.

I don't want to be the one to speculate, and make a call. But, I probably think they are not leaving the US. In fact, I probably think they are not being relocated all that far. But probably further than Carowinds. And probably further in land.

Guy "But I'm probably wrong." Koepp

I guess one could speculate - what parks in America could be lacking a somewhat complete ride package? Are there any parks that could really benefit by having a few if not all of those rides moved there?

There are a couple of start-up parks around Houston that could use these on the cheap

I could see Alabama Adventure needing those rides. They have all of one coaster right now?

Dan Koch will be a nice man and spend money on some awesome riders and not a BOOMERANG!

Maybe Dan Koch will get a spinning coaster and/or an SLC for the revival of Alabama Adventure!

Dan Koch will NOT buy a SLC.

Well, I'm not going to add to the speculation; just wanted to say "Finally, we got some action! The rides are going to be dismantled and shipped to another park that knows how to keep their business running."

Although this is highly unlikely, but wouldn't it be a kick in the head if there was a small park that actually purchased Led Zeppelin?

^Yes, wishful thinking.

C'mon people! You gotta work for this answer. Wow! I just wish there was a tool that was at our fingertips that could key into the vast source of the worlds information instantly. Kinda like a system of tubes that could can transfer the answers right to our laps. But that'll never exist! It's science fiction! Guess I'll just have to stick to the Dewy Decimal system at my local library.

Well, I'm not going to add to the speculation; just wanted to say "Finally, we got some action! The rides are going to be dismantled and shipped to another park that knows how to keep their business running."

I guess Darien Lake isn't going to get any of Hard Rock/Freestyle park's rides, besides they don't need anymore used rides!

Edited by DarienLaker

I guess Darien Lake isn't going to get any of Hard Rock/Freestyle park's rides, besides they don't need anymore used rides!

O.K. maybe I was a little to hasty when I said above quote! I don't think Seabreeze has any of Hard Rock/Freestyle park's rides already and I'm not sure if they have any room for more rides without removing/relocating any of them, but Darien Lake does have some room for more rides!

Edited by DarienLaker

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
^Yes, wishful thinking.

C'mon people! You gotta work for this answer. Wow! I just wish there was a tool that was at our fingertips that could key into the vast source of the worlds information instantly. Kinda like a system of tubes that could can transfer the answers right to our laps. But that'll never exist! It's science fiction! Guess I'll just have to stick to the Dewy Decimal system at my local library.

Did you have an actual idea where these rides are going, or were you just busting balls? Clearly no one "followed" your trail, and this thread has been buried....if you know, would you mind posting it?

I checked out screamscape, and apparently that really cool "Whammy Bar" neon sign is up for sale on eBay - I wonder how in the heck a guy from VA got that sign, and why he's just now deciding to sell it (unless he just picked it up during this recent flurry of activity at the old park)? Also, for a sign that size $2500 seems really light for a starting price...especially because it's fully functional!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whammy-Bar-Sales-And-Service-Est-1955-Neon-Sign-Amusement-Park-Hard-Rock-Large-/301249933379

(edit to add: the guy selling this sign has some other Hard Rock/Freestyle stuff for sale -- I wonder if he was some sort of amusement vendor who was allowed back in to reclaim items, and was given/allowed to take some other stuff??)

They also mention a tweet that states that several pieces of track have already been removed from the park.

I don't think Seabreeze has any of Hard Rock/Freestyle park's rides already and I'm not sure if they have any room for more rides without removing/relocating any of them, but Darien Lake does have some room for more rides!

The Wave Swinger and Balloon Race found a new home at Seabreeze this year.

I don't think Seabreeze has any of Hard Rock/Freestyle park's rides already and I'm not sure if they have any room for more rides without removing/relocating any of them, but Darien Lake does have some room for more rides!

The Wave Swinger and Balloon Race found a new home at Seabreeze this year.

I think that Seabreeze bought the two said rides new!