TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

From some inside the industry investigative research about purchasing large used rides and coasters, I believe a likely problem with relocating a coaster the size of Led Zeppelin/Time Machine is the cost. From the cost of acquiring the ride, disassembling it, shipping it, and assembling it, you are basically paying for a brand new coaster. So why buy used when you can get a brand new ride for a similar price?

If speculation is true, someone must be getting this coaster for a bargain.

From some inside the industry investigative research about purchasing large used rides and coasters, I believe a likely problem with relocating a coaster the size of Led Zeppelin/Time Machine is the cost. From the cost of acquiring the ride, disassembling it, shipping it, and assembling it, you are basically paying for a brand new coaster. So why buy used when you can get a brand new ride for a similar price?

If speculation is true, someone must be getting this coaster for a bargain.

Rule of thumb; used things are cheaper. Why pay more when you don't have to?

Rule of thumb; used things are cheaper. Why pay more when you don't have to?

My point was that parks are often hesitant to buy very large used rides (example: a B&M coaster) because the total cost of the project is right around the cost of just purchasing a brand new ride. For smaller flats and some smaller coasters, it can be cost-effective to buy used.

It also saves the park the headache of purchasing a ride from scratch. They get something that is pre-built and simply have to relocate it. Also, not every park is on the same budget, so getting a ride for even $2 or $5 million cheaper is ideal.

Follow the trail of where some of those other rides have already been relocated to and you will probably find where LZ is going. Probably being the key word here.

I don't want to be the one to speculate, and make a call. But, I probably think they are not leaving the US. In fact, I probably think they are not being relocated all that far. But probably further than Carowinds. And probably further in land.

Guy "But I'm probably wrong." Koepp

^Maybe the Hard Rock/Freestyle park rides aren't leaving North America, maybe they'll go to Mexico and the Led Zepplin coaster would go to the Great Escape to be part of their used ride collection?

Edited by DarienLaker

Follow the trail of where some of those other rides have already been relocated to and you will probably find where LZ is going. Probably being the key word here.

I don't want to be the one to speculate, and make a call. But, I probably think they are not leaving the US. In fact, I probably think they are not being relocated all that far. But probably further than Carowinds. And probably further in land.

Guy "But I'm probably wrong." Koepp

I guess one could speculate - what parks in America could be lacking a somewhat complete ride package? Are there any parks that could really benefit by having a few if not all of those rides moved there?

I guess one could speculate - what parks in America could be lacking a somewhat complete ride package? Are there any parks that could really benefit by having a few if not all of those rides moved there?

Silverwood could use a few more coasters, and has had great success with relocated rides. They're also planning a major expansion next year.

Right, but those two already have quite a good ride package. Can you think of any parks that are severely lacking in rides that could use several of them? (I'm not talking LZ, I'm talking everything.)

Now, that's a good question! I think that a certain Upstate New York theme park could use benefit from more newer dry rides even if means replacing the older ones!

Right, but those two already have quite a good ride package. Can you think of any parks that are severely lacking in rides that could use several of them? (I'm not talking LZ, I'm talking everything.)

As far as US parks my guesses would be.

Alabama Adventure (now under the direction of Mr. Koch and all they have is Rampage) or Kentucky Kingdom

I don't think any major chain is going to purchase these rides (unless it was six flags which made a deal to open up some new parks overseas).

I know I sound stupidbut Michigan's Adventure could REALLY use ALL of Hard Rock's rides. They have a good water park and a good woodie, but LZ would give them more visitors, and there dark ride to MIA would just result is a 50% attendance boost. The kid rides could be part of a brand new Planet Snoopy. LZ would be the best steel coaster there.

As far as US parks my guesses would be.

Alabama Adventure (now under the direction of Mr. Koch and all they have is Rampage) or Kentucky Kingdom

I don't think any major chain is going to purchase these rides (unless it was six flags which made a deal to open up some new parks overseas).

I have a feeling that Dan Koch won't buy them. Dan Koch likes new rides.

I have a feeling Kentucky Kingdom is out of room ( I know....)

^Maybe the Hard Rock/Freestyle park rides aren't leaving North America, maybe they'll go to Mexico?

What about Canada eh?

Nope, not many parks and CW and La Ronde would not need a looper like this. The other Canadians parks would buy a used giant B&M.

I was joking, eh.

Now, that's a good question! I think that a certain Upstate New York theme park could use benefit from more newer dry rides even if means replacing the older ones!

Martin's Fantasy Island? I guess they could

Martin's Fantasy Island is too small for the Hard Rock/Freestyle park rides! I was thinking of Darien Lake (go figure) as if I wasn't thinking if it in the first place.

Martin's Fantasy Island is too small for the Hard Rock/Freestyle park rides! I was thinking of Darien Lake (go figure) as if I wasn't thinking if it in the first place.

What about those plans for the Lake Monster for Darien Lake? Any update on that? I'd like to see that for 2015.

What about those plans for the Lake Monster for Darien Lake? Any update on that? I'd like to see that for 2015.

Maybe Darien Lake would demolish Predator for the Led Zepplin coaster and call it "Lake Monster" for 2015!