TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

I spoke to a rep from the group selling off the rides, and the asking price for the Time Machine is $9 million. I thought that was interesting.

9 Million will be a fantastic deal for whoever decides to purchase it.

^wow, I thought it would be way more than that for some reason.

Anyone have an idea on how much a relocation would cost? Removing, transporting, construction, etc?

You could always find a bunch of people with pick-ups and tools to volunteer to do it for free.

I honestly can see Time Machine heading to Kentucky Kingdom. From what I heard, they're looking to build a coaster that's about 150 feet tall, which Time Machine is. Also, it would fit where Chang once stood. I'm not sure, but it seems like a great fit to me.

Six Flags has the least imagination of the bigger chain parks so I would say Six Flags would buy Time Machine and plop it on a parking lot with no station at opening and call it "Full Throttle". And why repaint it??? It's the same color scheme, right?

Maybe SFStL actually has something to look forward to!!!!

I honestly can see Time Machine heading to Kentucky Kingdom. From what I heard, they're looking to build a coaster that's about 150 feet tall, which Time Machine is. Also, it would fit where Chang once stood. I'm not sure, but it seems like a great fit to me.

Six Flags has the least imagination of the bigger chain parks so I would say Six Flags would buy Time Machine and plop it on a parking lot with no station at opening and call it "YOLOcoaster". And why repaint it??? It's the same color scheme, right?

Maybe SFStL actually has something to look forward to!!!!

Great idea! But instead of a second handed B&M, I would like to let RMC make a treatment to The Boss.

Back to the topic, I've heard rumor said that a Chinese park bought Led Zeppelin' and Maximum RPM! Would sell to KK.

I spoke to a rep from the group selling off the rides, and the asking price for the Time Machine is $9 million. I thought that was interesting.

Certainly cheap for a B&M if it were to go to a Six Flags or Cedar Fair park, but after factoring in the cost of relocation and reconstruction, I can't see any smaller park going for it. They could get more bang for their buck elsewhere.

The timing actually makes some sense... get all the rides up for sale and let interest brew for a week or so before IAAPA where you can talk all about them to potential clients. Cypress Gardens closed right around when IAAPA started in 2008 and I believe that was not by accident as many of the rides were sold that week at the Expo.

• 3 weeks later...

Irvine Ondrey Engineering's Facebook page, it sounds like Maximum RPM (ferris wheel coaster) is working again and is looking for a new owner:

A SBNO rides again thanks to IOE! Brian's down in Myrtle Beach at the former Freestyle Music Park working on getting Maximum RPM ready for a new home... and he was able to bring it back to life today! Not an easy task, so good job, Brian!

1471865_693990953958263_547581730_n.jpg

Hope it gets sold!

Edited by Ccron10

I think SF is probably the only group I can think of right now that would buy Max RPM. It's oddball, yet cheap enough to fit a number of their parks. It's too much of a risk for a smaller park to take on.

Other than the B&M and the mine train, was there anything else at this park worth watching? I don't remember there being many good flat rides.

Because of the unique lift, that is the one ride at the park I hope finds a new home. I'm sure with them able to sell off the rides now they are making sure they still work to show off to potential buyers.