TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Hmmm....I give this about a 10% chance of re-opening.

I'd say less. Far less.

Since the beginning, many people (including myself) have said this park would fail. And... it did. Twice.

It's plain and simple: the demographics for the area WILL NOT support a park of this size, at any price. Granted, it *may* open again (which I highly doubt), only to fail a third time. Guaranteed.

If Myrtle Beach Pavilion, could barely break even in its last 2 seasons, operating in the heart of Myrtle Beach, there's just no way that this could work.

It seems like a scary parallel to Six Flags New Orleans:

An empty park, with an owner and/or investors who are still looking for someone to open/manage/operate a rapidly deteriorating park.

I'm just surprised that I didn't see Danny Rogers name in that article.

JJ

Allow me to submitted an old saying: "Third time is the charm!"

I do hope that this park can reopen and be better than ever, . . .

"I've have said the same thing about the park formally known as Six Flags New Orleans, Kentucky Kingdom, and Knoebel's Flying Turns (oops, I mean Lying Turds), hoping and praying they would reopen, they still haven't. Maybe in time, but WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR NEARLY FOREVER!!!

Still, it's me being hopeless optimistic.

"Hey, need something will never close? Try me!!!"

Allow me to submitted an old saying: "Third time is the charm!"

I do hope that this park can reopen and be better than ever, . . .

"I've have said the same thing about the park formally known as Six Flags New Orleans, Kentucky Kingdom, and Knoebel's Flying Turns (oops, I mean Lying Turds), hoping and praying they would reopen, they still haven't. Maybe in time, but WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR NEARLY FOREVER!!!

Still, it's me being hopeless optimistic.

"Hey, need something will never close? Try me!!!"

Don't forget Joyland in Kansas!

^Maybe the investors feel it's better investing in this park than selling Pre-Paid Legal...

...or selling Primerica Insurance. I almost got trapped in that one thanks to a friend, but I typed Primerica into the Google search bar to find out more on the company and "Primerica scam" was one of the choices that came up and I ended up saving my friend from getting into it.

If it does open, will all of the original rides still be there? Because there was the crazy Premier ferris wheel coaster thing that never worked, and what about Soak'd. It seems like many of the BatFlyer style rides are being ripped out of parks in the US.

But I still thing its crazy that they want to reopen this, haven't they learned anything?

I'm no economist, but I believe this is supposed to work like this:

1) Incompetent people (Hard Rock Park, Freestyle Music Park) fail and go bankrupt.

2) Competent people (every successful theme park company) buys the assets at the bankruptcy fire sale.

3) The assets are put to good, productive use elsewhere.

For some reason or another, the process is getting short circuited by the shady people running this con. FMP fucked over a bunch of local businesses and still owe them a bunch of money. How they are able to make a "credit bid" on anything is incomprehensible. They should have NO credit at this point.

^^From what I can understand, there were so many shells of the FMP company that it was easy for them to do this. FPI MB was the one that went bankrupt in the last run of the park. FPI US, the American creditor for FPI MB was seemingly also owed money by FPI MB after the park shut down, so the FPI US bought the park out for the ridiculously low price, eliminating all remaining debt to be paid on the park. Yes, the money is still technically owed, but due to this purchased, all debt to the current owner is absolved, which means that those still owed services from the Hard Rock Park days until the present will go unpaid.

its sad because freestyle music park just really had awful themeing. deceptively some people do not like the same music! if they do reopen the park they should strip the park of its musical origins and completely re-brand the park to something like "myrtle beach park", similarly 'kids in America is an awful term for a kiddy land section of the park re-theme that to kiddy kingdom or something otherwise parks like family kingdom in the area will obtain a dominative position and i would like to see most of the coasters at freestyle's park come closer to home like Michigan's adventure cedar point or even darien lake

@JediMaster and @Jew-- The best way to paraphrase this article is that through legal wrangling, the Freestyle Music Park USA side of the company was able to absolve all of their debt and repurchase the park completely debt free for 7 million? Great Scam, Well Played...

This park either sells off all rides quickly as their portfolio is clearly worth more than 7 milllion or opens up in 2012 with an honest fighting chance of working as they have no debt..

Step 1- Build a 400 million dollar theme park

Step 2- Fail Spectacularly

Step 3- Hire Good Lawyers

Step 4- Buy 400 million dollar park for 7 million

Step 5- ??????????????

Step 6- PROFIT

wow what a roller coaster ride this park has given since it debuted, I was shocked to see that it's reopening next season but also kind of excited, the credits are still out there and with the attendance (according to pictures on here from other people's visits) being low, looks like re-ride city