TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

RCT2, 8 Cars, and Vista

Last week I finally got a new computer (with Vista) after having my old one (with XP) for 6 years. I reinstalled RCT2 and downloaded 8 Cars 132. 8 cars 132 never worked for me, and no suprise, didnt work this time either. So then I went searching and tried 8 cars v120, v1302, and now 131 (with v131 being the version that worked perfectly on my old computer). 8 cars v120 was too old and didn't have all the functions. 8 cars 1302 and 131 are now both giving me the same problem. All the basic stuff (mow grass, happy guests, etc.) works and zero/restore clearances work. However, when I use the rides menu to raise/lower ride for track merging and transfer tracks, I get the "8 Cars has stopped working and needs to close". I pretty much rely on the rides menu for all the RCT parks I have, so until I can get that to work, I pretty much can't do RCT at all.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said before:

Obviously, with any Trainers, you just have to hope it works as described.

I'd check around other sites that are more RCT2 oriented for better help. There has to be someone out there on another forum that's had issues with it before.