TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Preview" Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm working on a design project, and to get myself used to using Inventor again, I set out to model some B&M track. Some things to note: I didn't put all the chain in, nor did I leave room for it to actually feed into the lift, some of the welds are too close to the bolt holes, there aren't any shear supports (supports going out from the track instead of down), and I didn't put much thought into the footers. Dimensions are guesstimates off of pictures, but certainly aren't too unrealistic. This is basically for fun, and I doubt I'll actually lay out and model the ride for a long time, seeing as I'm working on a lot of other stuff at the moment. On my website (see the sig) you can see more of what I am doing, and with that project I will likely model track more to the tune of a Euro-fighter/mouse style track: two rails with ties. My plan is to write some programs that will layout and model a simple coaster like a mouse. But in the meantime, enjoy these:

pic1.png.55ad929dd571f1e5d8b9130e8eb2208b.png

Representing the station

pic2.png.e4df624813b959a7edf22f380a252630.png

the lift

pic3.png.3831bc3e18c96e959a395c90536a786a.png

close-up on lead-in and chain. Notice no ARB steel, but room for it.

pic4.png.e241c1ffb1dd5b32218cfea30e408c7e.png

X-Z Profile. 30 degree incline, approx. 125ft tall

Wow^

Hey guys, I started work on a Design submission with custom scenery today. Work has started on the station, and the layout is finished. Any tips on how to break up the blandness of that wall? Oh yeah, I can't download 8cars, so no hack-methods are preferable. I could download it, it's not that my computer can't handle it, but my dad doesn't think it's a good idea. I agree. Anywho, I do just fine without it! Thank you!

Vortex 1.bmp

Coasters' name is Vortex, by the way.

Nice racers there Braztaz, I think it would have a little bit better look to it if there was a larger hill placed after the short hops leaving the lift hill(s) kind of like the racers at KI have. Puts a little height at the other end of the ride, slows the ride down for a few seconds and gives you the chance to put in a chain at the top to simulate the tink, tink, tink anti-rollback noise that wooden coasters have on slower hills.

It does look like something you'd see on a boardwalk, though. Nice job!

Yes it will be on a lakeside boardwalk when the theme for the area of the park is complete.

Thanks!

And I tried that, and yes it looked much better, but whenever I test the "red" side I keep getting Error Trappers. And the only hacking i've done to this park is adding cash... huh.

Maybe it's some of the custom scenery i've downloaded?

Try to put a fence of some sort around the fountain in the middle, and break up the path with some flowers or something. Also, you could add windows to the entrance buildings, and add shutters and flower boxes to them. I try to not have more than 1 or 2 units of the same material showing on any 1 building. Just what I would do, though.

Thanks!

And I tried that, and yes it looked much better, but whenever I test the "red" side I keep getting Error Trappers. And the only hacking i've done to this park is adding cash... huh.

Maybe it's some of the custom scenery i've downloaded?

In the editor you can set the scenario to use no money so you won't need to use hacks to get cash.

Would like feedback on coaster layout. Its intended to have 1½ airtimehill. And sorry for the totally random themeing but do not want to continue untill I know the coaster is worth going with. Perhaps some comments on that too?

SCR2.BMP

Yeah, I need an introduction in stationbuildings....

SCR3.BMP

Cyclone like hyper coaster thingy

SCR4.BMP

The less straight parts.