TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Preview" Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominator has a trim right BEFORE the Cobra Roll. It is rarely on. The trim was added after one or two years of operation at Six Flags: Worlds of Adventure. It only runs on hot days when the train is running real quick.

Those trims are not related to weather. They're related to the weight of the train, which in turn, relates to it's speed. The heavier the train, the faster it goes, which then trips the trims.

We asked that very question about the infamous Raging Bull trim last year at Bucaneer Battle's Media Day, and management came back with that answer.

"Euro-Fighter V"

I think I'm officially in love with this track. It's so fun to watch and ride. The first drop hooked me and the bunny hops-to-downward helix make me want to hug the track. It's pretty awesome.

Oh, and sorry for the excessive photos lol. I always take way too many photos for my own good.

Sorry for the double post but the track is now done. If I actually go further with this track I will put it in a separate thread. Enjoy!

It's really twisted now and I love it. It will follow the ground more closely after quick terraforming. I think I will actually stick with this ride...I really love it.

The true question is . . . "Does this count as an inversion?"

~Matthew

There are no real rules about inversions, but the most common rule is that the track should be banked at least 155 degrees while having an angle with ground also of at least 155 degrees.

• 2 weeks later...

Just my take on what a high speed coaster SHOULD be. You at least get to taste the speed (125mph), along with 4 gs of force for about 4 seconds before being slowed to a more manageable 80 just before the first overbank, but you come screaming out of the overbank at over 95! Long story short: NOT a family ride!

New Bitmap Image (2).bmp

Yes, that huge turn IS INDEED taken in excess of 120 mph!

Hmmm, looks like you just designed with single zones contained in a giant multi-zone. No problem with that, just more confusing.

Looks pretty good so far. I had an idea on something like this but I'll wait for you to finish it out.

Well the time zone shown is for the 120mph turn. I design using large multi force zones because I prefer to keep all of my ducks in one place for an element. So I can have the turn be one segment with the roll/normal transition in, the turn, and the roll/normal transition out, as opposed to having 3 segments perform the same job, plus when designing complex elements in multiforce time zones, you can "slide" transitions and such around each other, making the coaster more fluid and not as "blocky."

^Oh, by looking at the picture I see what you really did.

Yeah, that's what I do too usually. I just thought that the ENTIRE coaster was a large Multi-Zone, and that didn't make sense. Now I see that it's just the first turn and such, so yeah.

Nevermind!

This is odd, signs have begun to appear around the Detroit Zoo. Most of them say "we're moving" and also "property sold to Preston Amusement Company" and "Under construction, reopening in 2008!".

I wonder what's going on at the Zoo, with all the trucks and construction equipment appearing on-site and in the zoo. I wonder if something has happened, or something new is being built.

I'll have to wait and see!

(This is a promo for a project I'm work on, sorry for the no-show. Something to think about really. )