TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Preview" Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah dchighheat, your coaster fully kicks the A$$ right off of the one i was about to post.... Oh well!

This is something I'm working on at the moment, tentatively entitled 'Revenge: I'll Show You!!'. Basically, I have got some really crappy ratings over on NL Coaster Exchange, and I'm trying to make my best ever ride to show that I can actually 'do' No Limits. Sad, eh?

Anyway, here is as far as i have got.

It comprises a steep drop, ejector + floater air, ejector air again, a big lateral push, and low and fast ejector hills.

Not sure if i will finish it though.

I have a feeling the PTC's would never make it through some of those transitions. Do you check for wheel hits?

Turn the G-force up, or make the start of where the brakes kick in at the beginning of the segment. Can you take a screen shot of your brake settings now?

I'll try to get a screen in the editor & perhaps I should just save the brakerun as an element from either one of the pre built rides or a downloaded track for use on future projects?

Saving the brake run as an element won't save the settings. You'll just have a straight segment. Try uploading your ride in the NoLimits help thread. That way we can download it and see what your problem is.

But I think you need to look at settings on other rides' brakes to see what you're doing wrong. You also should read the instructions because brakes aren't that hard.

Turn the deceleration G-force setting of the brakes up, play with the speed in which they activate and the hysteresis. Change the position of the train and the position of the segment. There are a few reasons your brakes probably aren't working, and those really are the only reasons. Or is your brake too short? You can't have a 10-foot brake segment stop a 50-foot train with realistic G-force settings.

Saving the brake run as an element won't save the settings. You'll just have a straight segment. Try uploading your ride in the NoLimits help thread. That way we can download it and see what your problem is.

But I think you need to look at settings on other rides' brakes to see what you're doing wrong. You also should read the instructions because brakes aren't that hard.

Turn the deceleration G-force setting of the brakes up, play with the speed in which they activate and the hysteresis. Change the position of the train and the position of the segment. There are a few reasons your brakes probably aren't working, and those really are the only reasons. Or is your brake too short? You can't have a 10-foot brake segment stop a 50-foot train with realistic G-force settings.

I guess I'll try redesigning the entire brakerun making it longer in the process,I'm currently using the default settings & running a four to five car intamin mega train.