TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Preview" Thread

Here's some of my new RCT3 project I'm working on. Don't worry Sunset Hills isn't cancelled its just finished and I'm taking pics of what I want to post so in an evening of inspiration I started new work on a currently unnamed park.

Enjoy

-Stijn-

Horus.jpg.0e9e668f1bbbe813c5c243394fa995da.jpg

A stand-up B&M with an Egyptian theme and also a flying carpet ride

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think, too Frank Miller-esque?

I think you need to watch your spelling. Misspelling "ready"... there really isn't any excuse for this.

And I'm see this happening a lot with our high school kids. Are you guys not paying attention in school and texting your friends instead? By your age, I learned the meaning (and spelling of) "serendipity". I'd hate to see some of the younger kids try to tackle this!

Not trying to be mean, but a lot of kids need to start running their text through some type of spelling checker before posting. It's getting really bad.

Terry

What do you think, too Frank Miller-esque?

I think you need to watch your spelling. Misspelling "ready"... there really isn't any excuse for this.

And I'm see this happening a lot with our high school kids. Are you guys not paying attention in school and texting your friends instead? By your age, I learned the meaning (and spelling of) "serendipity". I'd hate to see some of the younger kids try to tackle this!

Not trying to be mean, but a lot of kids need to start running their text through some type of spelling checker before posting. It's getting really bad.

Terry

Maybe he meant to misspell it? Could the coaster be all red? Just saying...

^Possibly, but then if he was doing a play on words it should have quotes around the "red", like:

Are you "Red"-y?

This way, you get that I'm implying the word "Red" and you still get the phonetic sound of "ready".

I'm giving less slack because of the fact the graphic was done in Photoshop; between changing the font, position and color, you have more than ample opportunity to catch glaring errors.

Now my grammar is far from perfect, but you can tell the intent of what I did better. And you only get that from paying attention in school.

Terry "Will still slaughter English with my country accent" Weaver

^Possibly, but then if he was doing a play on words it should have quotes around the "red", like:

Are you "Red"-y?

Actually, Terry, I use grammatical mistakes to hint upcoming attractions in my RCT parks. For instance, I occasionally misspell 'would' as 'wood' when suggesting that a new wooden coaster is on the way. I don't use quotation marks, though. You wouldn't consider my grammar to be bad, would you?

I can't believe people actually think I can't spell 'ready', I feel like I'm being stereotyped here.

Yeah, its kind of hard not to be stereotyped as a teenager. I did the same thing as DBru for headless horseman and introduced it with the word wood instead of would in a sentence, my first NL wooden roller coaster, and got some much crap for it.

BTW, the new project looks really cool.

Are you "Red"-y?

Actually, Terry, I use grammatical mistakes to hint upcoming attractions in my RCT parks. For instance, I occasionally misspell 'would' as 'wood' when suggesting that a new wooden coaster is on the way. I don't use quotation marks, though. You wouldn't consider my grammar to be bad, would you?

No I don't. But there's the answer to using intentional mistakes... use quotes! That way people know you're purposely misspelling something.

Terry

I was just going thru screenshots I have of coasters I have made and figured i'd share some of them!

I have finished some and some...I havent lol!

contestlaunch01.JPG.797f965666a4122fc34268e44a731269.JPG

HALFPI.JPG.a9f6c80a618611d28fe76601c76e2ff3.JPG

1261997581_lostn70_01.JPG.30f6fd20f3f00fcdd0f935fd99fd2642.JPG

a highly themed launched spinner I was working on...

october01.JPG.0eb34ff0643c9c8957684c6e712ac980.JPG

scorpion01.JPG.aebe1f1c45d94a5cb8c97995f7f3200f.JPG

launched euro-fighter with 97 degree accents and decents!

sidewinder01.JPG.3822d747fdd87c2f56fa395b88c9bf58.JPG

stingray02.JPG.61fac72f72986a67d9fb1e77abe175e9.JPG

stingray01.JPG.46f1e535d84ae423242c5d042ceac95e.JPG

flyer

1204690013_twinpeaks02.JPG.091835ddfee49d5be8e6aaabab3f8612.JPG

652180683_twinpeaks01.JPG.a6045d1ae6a651227473caafe0a6fd3a.JPG