TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Preview" Thread

I'm just saying that you always complain about 1-time use tracks made in N-L that only work for one layout design yet you make a coaster train that only has one use and is made for only one layout. I respect the work you put in, but I would remove the decals.

There is a difference. If I am recreating Kingda Ka, I am making Kingda Ka trains the way that they look in real life. This CTR is part of a Strata Coaster CT set. It will have a Kingda Ka CTR and a Top Thrill Dragster CTR. There isn't a point in removing the decals because it won't be recolorable. It can't be recolorable because it uses 5 different colors and RCT3 only allows 3.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like the trains then don't use them. I, for one, believe that the car looks amazing. Such time and effort can be seen. And the decals don't really make a difference. I agree with Parallax. And it's his CTR at the end of the day so he can do what he wants with it.

I will probably never use the CTR because 1) I don't play RCT3 much anymore and 2) I wouldn't have any reason to use it regardless. I'm just making a suggestion, because I believe that the cars would be so much more flexible to users if they were re-colorable and without the decals. I know that a Megacoaster CTR had a version specifically with Expedition GeForce decals and another version without them.

You all take this way too seriously. I totally appreciate the time and effort put into it, and it will look fantastic in-game.

I will probably never use the CTR because 1) I don't play RCT3 much anymore and 2) I wouldn't have any reason to use it regardless. I'm just making a suggestion, because I believe that the cars would be so much more flexible to users if they were re-colorable and without the decals. I know that a Megacoaster CTR had a version specifically with Expedition GeForce decals and another version without them.

You all take this way too seriously. I totally appreciate the time and effort put into it, and it will look fantastic in-game.

The Megacoaster is different though, all of the Mega Coasters have the same train so a recolorable one would make sense. Kingda Ka and TTD both have custom designed trains so there is no "generic" version to make recolorable. Another thing to take into consideration is how long it takes to import these. Think about it, every texture needs to be put into its own group, bones have to be added, and then everything has to be pieced together in the importer. We are already doing that 12 times each for Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster. That is 24 imports for two different CTRs due to all of the variants of each one that will be possible. When we get to the Blitz V2 CTR, that one can be put on the Custom Track so that there can be a generic version to use. We haven't gotten to that yet though.

Hey,

I'm working on a No Limits B&M Floorless, which I think is pretty good (if I consider I was as good as my shoe at No Limits 6 months ago). I'm done, except for a name, because I'm very bad to find a name to a roller coaster. So Please if you have any suggestions for a good name, please tell me ! However, please consider the scenery. If you also have suggestions for re-coloring the track if it would better fit with your name idea and the actual scenery, go ahead, changing the colors takes two seconds and it doesn't bother me to do so if you have good ideas .

Enough talk, here are the pictures :

new_the-edge-120901194716003.jpg.8682077b38f407042be1831b31248f74.jpg

Two corskrews together... Already was that on a real coaster ?

new_the-edge-120901194736004.jpg.134573d2a5502434adc958eba4ebef4f.jpg

An overview of the coaster and the scenery.

new_the-edge-120901194806006.jpg.b57c2df58aa0fd330e4bd860dedb8485.jpg

Zero-G roll over the final brakes.

Thanks for the help !

^I'm impressed with that, though fix that zero-G roll, it looks a bit odd.

For names, this looks like some Greek ocean theme, so maybe Poseidon's Revenge, Kraken Attack, or something like that.

Thanks for the ideas ! These are pretty good, I like the Poseidon's revenge, I think i'll take that name.

The last park I will post on the internet (and probably the last park I will make all together) will be a NCS park, to pay tribute to RCT3. The fact that my parks that has CS keep crashing is also one of the reasons why it will be withouth any Custom stuff. I will post the park pretty soon, as its almost finished

preview.jpg.c0a8d1fdb8eaa49b0b1b99911be60e4a.jpg