TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Preview" Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if you can build a 4-D coaster in RCT2 with the seats facing forward wingrider style? My guess is you'd have to use reverse incline mode to dispatch the trains "backwards" since the trains can't be reversed in the station but has anyone tried it yet?

Not really necessary, as a good B&M Wingrider has been out for some time now.

Are you sure that's possible? I'm pretty sure that riders' legs would be crushed by ten tons of train when it crests the top of the lift.

Yes, I do, I have very long legs. If a guest extends their legs while going up the lift (which I'm sure there would be at least one guest that would actually do such a thing), and if their knees lock up, they could lose their legs.

The layout is fantastic, but it's something you really should take into consideration. I know that I encounter the same problem when I'm constructing lift hills for Intamin inverted coasters.

Edited by A.J.

Anyone know if you can build a 4-D coaster in RCT2 with the seats facing forward wingrider style? My guess is you'd have to use reverse incline mode to dispatch the trains "backwards" since the trains can't be reversed in the station but has anyone tried it yet?

Not really necessary, as a good B&M Wingrider has been out for some time now.

Where can you get the download? I'll try looking in the RCT2 help thread.

Recreating a whole park is incredibly time-consuming, tedious, and you'll probably lose interest.

I would suggest just recreating Patriot.

Ahh, it's so difficult! Wasted so much time back in the day trying to make Kennywood... I did end up last year building Thunderbolt pretty well and it took a good long time.. I hope you know what you're getting into! A whole park requires spot on proportions or it will not fit right. I think that's probably the hardest part to recreating.

Recreating a whole park is incredibly time-consuming, tedious, and you'll probably lose interest.

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't try recreating all of Cedar Point this summer with my friend in Minecraft. Here are just some rough ideas for Pink's, tables, the sky ride, skeeball, and pinball.

2012-04-26_00_45_132.png.519e12ab5dae986cce00d1946b3d77b6.png

I'm making my own WoF recreation. I have been since mid-March. It's challenging- Worlds of Fun has loads of little bits that make it feel complete. Plus, like AJ said, it's time consuming and gets boring. My recreation has been sitting on my hard drive for two weeks untouched.

About yours, BenFreeze, I'd like to be judged from your skill of other creations. I have no clue who you are and I would like to see what you're able to accomplish first. It's not terrible right now, but remember, Worlds of Fun is packed with tiny things that you need to incorporate.

@10ryansmith: I'd agree with Ace Of Spades. You should make it all leveled out. If you went up a quick dip like that at the speed the ride would be going, it'd be pretty intense.

@sammmmy: The support work so far is really nice and the chain looks great. I also agree on the station. A red barn doesn't seem like its fits in with a coaster that emits the Skyrush atmosphere, IMO.