TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Preview" Thread

^ Thats an interesting concept! Just out of curiosity What gave you the feeling that B&M's should have larger spines?

QR - Just because he showed us a pic of part of the coaster dosnt mean we can't be creative and make names for the rides. Here are some suggestings...

Screaming Eagles

Raging Raptors

Pythurai (made up )

Raging lion

Not that amazing I admit but can spark new ideas and inspiration.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Thats an interesting concept! Just out of curiosity What gave you the feeling that B&M's should have larger spines?

QR - Just because he showed us a pic of part of the coaster dosnt mean we can't be creative and make names for the rides. Here are some suggestings...

Screaming Eagles

Raging Raptors

Pythurai (made up )

Raging lion

OK: From my Masters Degree in Marketing Science, courtesy College of William and Mary:

In order for you to properly market a product, no matter what it is, you need to know what the product does, how it will fit into the marketplace, and it's specific use. Without that, you are aiming blindly into sales- and possibly failing to sell your product right.

In other words: If you don't know what the coaster does other than race, what's the point in naming it. Is it a twister? Does it duel? Does it have special effects? Is the ride family friendly? Is the ride in a themed area? Does this ride have any notable firsts? Will this ride be a record-setter? Is the layout of a particular shape or design? Will the ride have a specific niche in the marketplace? Could the ride be used for tie-ins to other marketing endeavours? Will the park be adding any particular theme to the ride itself BEYOND what the park has already? Is the ride part of a series? Could the ride be sold as a production model?

Thus my statement before: I see a brake run, and a lift hill. I don't know of anything else of the ride, so coming up for a name for it beyond 'Racer' is just about impossible. If I had the answers TO those questions, I could come up with a more appropriate name, instead of random names that might not make sense for the project.

R.D.

Screaming Eagles

Raging Raptors

Pythurai (made up )

Raging lion

OK: From my Masters Degree in Marketing Science, courtesy College of William and Mary:

In order for you to properly market a product, no matter what it is, you need to know what the product does, how it will fit into the marketplace, and it's specific use. Without that, you are aiming blindly into sales- and possibly failing to sell your product right.

In other words: If you don't know what the coaster does other than race, what's the point in naming it. Is it a twister? Does it duel? Does it have special effects? Is the ride family friendly? Is the ride in a themed area? Does this ride have any notable firsts? Will this ride be a record-setter? Is the layout of a particular shape or design? Will the ride have a specific niche in the marketplace? Could the ride be used for tie-ins to other marketing endeavours? Will the park be adding any particular theme to the ride itself BEYOND what the park has already? Is the ride part of a series? Could the ride be sold as a production model?

Thus my statement before: I see a brake run, and a lift hill. I don't know of anything else of the ride, so coming up for a name for it beyond 'Racer' is just about impossible. If I had the answers TO those questions, I could come up with a more appropriate name, instead of random names that might not make sense for the project.

R.D.

Also I got the feeling it should have it because a giga has some very high G's, and it looks cool!

Screaming Eagles

Raging Raptors

Pythurai (made up )

Raging lion

R.D.

Hopefully I fullfill your needs some more with this shot

coasterpreview.jpg.87af30093d128c26b9f25f4137e21ad0.jpg

*EDIT* The name I'm using so far is Wolf Pack

With a layout like that... you need something even more terrifying.

The layout and 'base colors' are dark, combined with a bowl-style racing profile of both dueling and interacting rotary curves. The trains, with the numerous high-low elements looks like it's interacting with the terrain. Rapid direction changes, airtime hills and other profile variants makes me think of weather... and more precisely a tornado. Looking at the size of the ride, it's a pretty bulky monster, so a tornado of large scale, and most likely, destructive.

I'd go for a name like:

F5 or FJ5 (As in the most severe tornado on the scale)

So the ride's outside/platform side sign would read, in bold letters (Color would be signal red, outline in black) F 5

The undersign (subtitle) would read "Maximum Destruction" (Color would be Warning Yellow, outline in black)

R.D.

^ That looks amazing! I can't Wait to see all the details!

^^ I would Really like to see more of that mavErick-ish ride.

This is the last tWo preview pics I will show before I stArt an actual thread. I don't want to abuse this one. This area of the park will be of a tropicaL theme.

Who knows what else is coming? More surprises shall be in sTore.

Shot0043.thumb.JPG.b8e92af3f34fc15228f18f8936eb8b47.JPG

Transfer Track and Station

Shot0044.thumb.JPG.e3fa464c7b8c4eb90b9840180a42dfed.JPG

Overview of the Area so Far

^ That looks amazing! I can't Wait to see all the details!

^^ I would Really like to see more of that mavErick-ish ride.

This is the last tWo preview pics I will show before I stArt an actual thread. I don't want to abuse this one. This area of the park will be of a tropicaL theme.

Who knows what else is coming? More surprises shall be in sTore.

Those clues look really similar to the ones from Parc du Tarbes in La GARGOUILLE's viral campaign...

Anyways, the ride looks interesting, as it really reminds me of California Screamin' by the structure and ride style. Can't wait to see what you've got!

Those clues look really similar to the ones from Parc du Tarbes in La GARGOUILLE's viral campaign...

Anyways, the ride looks interesting, as it really reminds me of California Screamin' by the structure and ride style. Can't wait to see what you've got!

I wonder where I got the idea...

I hope its not actually a problem though, I am not going to go as in depth as you did, I just wanted to give a small, quick hint at what else is coming.

I've kind of started a park. The plan is going through a time line, but I'm not doing a year by year basis (I'm kind of just placing things down, without worrying about dates, but at the same time keeping things in there era)

Anyways, here is the "big coaster" of the park. I'm thinking Germany for the location of this park, as Sweden and Norway have kind of been used up by the last few parks I've done.

Kanonen, is an out n back wooden coaster that has a lake in the "center" of it. There is nothing else done other than the track

Kanonen.png.ccc1e186dc313bfa0feda100358eb1af.png

Looks good, Jer- but I'd eliminate the straight section in the first drop- let it be more fluid overall.

And why the name "Show Your Teeth?"

I originally had it without the straight section, as I prefer it like that too, but then the 2nd turnaround would overlap on the lift hill... So I had to add in that extra segment. Show Your Teeth is from a Lady Gaga song, called "Teeth" (Show Me Your Teeth)