TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Preview" Thread

You could probably afford to make the station for the Eurofighter four blocks long, and have short-radius turns, effectively gaining one row of spaces in the up-right direction. One less row of taken-up space really makes a ride look more compact.

But I'm RCT2 hacking illiterate - I don't know if you're only able to run one train due to the merged track.

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts? This is only about 40% done, going to attempt custom supporting for the first time ever. Other than that and some no clearance stuff that's the only custom stuff I will be doing to the ride.

I hope to have it as my centerpiece of a park I'm working on.

550229604_RedDeath.thumb.gif.5766b6a18f3999a76f901233a11454e9.gif

^^ Nice. I like how this time the launcher is smaller. It seems like it'll take a long time to finish that, maybe make the hyper farther from the map edge and therefore make the park a little smaller?

^^^Make the text bigger, but it's still really nice. Seems like a small family park?

^^^^It's unrealistic to have the water like that. Add rocks near the waterfalls. The idea is still nice though with the coaster.

Wait...is this really happening? Is this possible? Has someone actually gotten a decent re-creation of Screamin's Layout in RCT3?

Thos was made to be as acurate as possible.... [MOD EDIT: But surely the spelling was NOT!]

This was made to be as ACCURATE as possible...

Edited by QueerRudie

^^ Nice. I like how this time the launcher is smaller. It seems like it'll take a long time to finish that, maybe make the hyper farther from the map edge and therefore make the park a little smaller?

^^^Make the text bigger, but it's still really nice. Seems like a small family park?

^^^^It's unrealistic to have the water like that. Add rocks near the waterfalls. The idea is still nice though with the coaster.

I agree, but I cannot find a way to make the water fall look realistic with the rocks added, like, the water fall scenery looks but when it doesn't match up with edges. But like I said it's a work in progress. Thanks for the input.

For My new park I though about adding a suspended coaster around the Mountain along side the Schwarzkopf so I tried a rough layout today, not sure if it's realistic or not or what to fix.

Due to it being on a mountain it's hard to show the layout so I made a video of the ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSgTh0BPPag

Please comment on the layout of the ride and how to improve it. I have still to add supports, catwalks and work on the terrain a bit more.

Here are some pictures of the ride from above to give another perspective.

I have nearly finished work on the Speed racer called Adventure Express the only thing still to fix is the Tunnel part of the ride and to add supports. Here is a On ride video of it so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6qysDWx9Ig

Some feedback would be appreciated as I'm not sure if I should keep the Suspended coaster.

^ I say get rid of the suspended swinger and keep Adventure Express there. With two coasters on that hill, it makes that area of the park look extremely cluttered and busy. So, I say take out the swinger.

But, to improve on Adventure Express, terra-form all the terrain around the ride like you were able to in RCT2 so the terrain around the ride doesn't look as "blocky". It would make a difference on the realism of the ride experience too.

Good luck!

This is a recreation of one of my first parks, Holiday Thrills. Which was a pretty big park. I'm planning water slides, stadiums for concerts, etc. So at some points I even think the map is too small!

The Muse has inspired me... Introducing the first two models of the Blackout Coaster series...

Blackout I: A tall, fast and heavy on the G's steel coaster, with hints of Schwarzkopfian influences and thematic elements of Black Holes, Supernovas and other high-G force influences of Nature.

SCR48.BMP

Take a trip on Blackout I

Blackout II: With inspiration drawn from the steep, long twisting slides of my youth in Brooklyn, I wanted to recreate a black-label thriller with a positive G force finesse that no other ride like it could.

SCR49.BMP

Blackout II: If you DARE!

I'm not a fan of the amount of brown in the screen. Try maybe a different texture for the walls? Or even making the roofs a pink color makes them have a splash of gentle red, and then you can add the darker brown for the walls that will actually make it look like aged wood. Just a though, however.

By the way, you're getting a lot better!

Sfgam, that looks pretty good! I just don't like that exit ramp.

A duo sounds like a great idea, but right now I'm focusing on finally finishing a park...something that I always fail to do. I want my first complete park to be one that I work on my own, which is why I'll be staying away from merging and hacks I can't do with a Vista. I would love to do a duo in the near future, though!

Tdub: Thanks, but I can't really find a way to make the ride interact, it interacts more with the exit actually.

DJ: I'll test it out and see, but this ride is supposed to look brand new so I thought maybe a lighter wood, and thanks!

Braztaz: Thanks, and I agree it was just an idea and now that I look at it, it looks wierd. No need to rush I just threw the idea up there, and Tdub, me, and you = Trio Cedar Fair, Yes!

You could also modify the terrain so there isn't as much support structure going up the lift and before the drop. Cliffs don't look bad if they're done right - that's how I'm making Herrier, my terrain coaster.

I'd try and keep as much of the coaster below tree height as you can.