TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Preview" Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I randomly like to create ride concepts, and I decided to draw them in Google Sketchup so I wouldn't forget them (for when I become a ride engineer ya know ). Anyway here's the first. I needed some colors and decided on red/black/yellow with a radioactive theme; I call it Fallout.

droptowerconcept.bmp

I can't take credit for the seats. Those were pulled from a suspended coaster concept in the 3D warehouse. Thanks to you if you are on TPR!

So I randomly like to create ride concepts, and I decided to draw them in Google Sketchup so I wouldn't forget them (for when I become a ride engineer ya know ). Anyway here's the first. I needed some colors and decided on red/black/yellow with a radioactive theme; I call it Fallout.

Do you mind if I try my hand at making this in RCT? I'll give credit where it needs be given.

^That's actually a pretty cool layout, but I'm strapped for time. I'm participating in a contest on NoLimits-Exchange and I'm starting to fiddle with a couple side projects and a major one.

Hopefully you'll find someone else that could give it a shot, but it may not be accurate based on who's making it. The best situation for this ride would be a recreation from a well-experienced Newton2 designer. Nonetheless, I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever comes out of any NoLimits design. Riding a drawing is pretty cool, no matter the accuracy in shaping references, support structure relations, etc.

Here is a new ride. I imagined this one as being inside a geodesic sphere or something with strobes and such.

armride1.bmp

Here is an overview of the ride. The entire mechanism spins and the cars get pulled up the curved track both by centrifugal force and mechanically (obviously that's not depicted).

armride2.bmp

You would load on the center platform, and the seats would tip back and then the ride would start.

armride3.bmp

The cars are pulled to the top where they could suddenly flip down adding an element of surprise.

armride4.bmp

Another overview. Again, these are concepts and (not being an engineer, though I am going studying to be one) I have no idea if it could be done. There would probably need to be a ring around the upper part of the arms but it would have blocked the visual if I put it in. The entire ride could also be on a track and tilt slightly or something like that.

^That's actually a pretty cool layout, but I'm strapped for time. I'm participating in a contest on NoLimits-Exchange and I'm starting to fiddle with a couple side projects and a major one.

Hopefully you'll find someone else that could give it a shot, but it may not be accurate based on who's making it. The best situation for this ride would be a recreation from a well-experienced Newton2 designer. Nonetheless, I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever comes out of any NoLimits design. Riding a drawing is pretty cool, no matter the accuracy in shaping references, support structure relations, etc.

Thanks AJ! I'm also thinking about doing a second more detailed drawing (anybody want to see it (tell me the perspective you want to see it from). I'm resisting from giving it colors until I know the true track color.

Giga, I like you layout, I have some disagreement between yours and mine though. Its still good though.

^^ Looks cool, but a few comments. It would be pretty dangerous because of the car design. The OTS'Rs are right at the top, there for your head would be on the track if tall enough, and you wouldn't need to be that tall for this to happen. Also, the forces maybe discomforting on your shoulders. But the face that you took the time to work on this is much appreciated, and recognized!

^^I forgot to say again that I pulled the seats off a suspended coaster concept in the 3D warehouse. What you mention would obviously have to be fixed, but it is just a concept ride. I have another one that is basically a vertical scrambler.

invertedscrambler1.bmp

Here is an overview. Credit to whoever did the seats.

invertedscrambler2.bmp

Like I said, it is basically a vertical scrambler ride.

invertedscrambler3.bmp

However, the seats do have the ability to rotate around their axis in a manner similar to X2, leading to a Zipper-type ride.

I didn't feel the need to start a whole new thread over this, but I thought perhaps it might still be of interest.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNaVWNbPvPQ

...And two quick screen grabs lying around in the Pictures folder.

indy.jpg.aea3dd509f11818f3883765b52a1a092.jpg

Interior shot, with the "lights on". It's NCS, in case you were wondering.

exterior.jpg.47ed642df0a80eb8cc0ef7ab23ac6e2c.jpg

If you watch the video, you'll notice the roof of the temple entrance is a little taller. I ended up adding a top piece later on to make it look more "complete", but this was the only screen I had.