TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Longest time you've waited for a ride thats then closed!

Just thoguht I'd find out how long you've guys have waited for a ride only to have it close before you got on it.

Me and my girlfreind were at Thorpe park on saturday and we'd got collosuss and nemisis inferno out of the way and decdied to go for Stealth. We entered the queue at 2:30 come 5:30 we were still waiting. Come 6:00 we get told the ride was closing due to techincal difficulties. Despite the fact that they then gave us a fasttrack ticket to any ride in the park (which we used for Colosuss again) becasue of all he queing we didnt even get to go on the ride and missed the halloween attractions becasue the queues for them were way to long and we had to be back in London for the ice bar at 12:30.

So yer pretty annoying despite the fact that we got the fasttrack pass. So yer whats the longest you've waited in line to be told the ride has closed?

Cheers

89James89

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One time i waited for Kingda Ka for around an hour and a half, and when i was about two trainloads from getting on they announced they had to close because of an approaching thunder storm. Then i waited around 3 to4 hours in the rain inside the station because there really wasn't anywhere else to go, so i just figured I'd wait rather than get all wet and run to another shelter. Then my family called and said they were leaving, so the entire 5 hours of waiting were for nothing.

In 2005 during spring break I waited about an hour or an hour and a half for SUF at SFOG and they didn't announce anything about the ride being closed. They started cycling empty trains randomly and then they'd have one with half a train and they kept running it like that. The line barely moved and we had no idea what was going on. So finally my dad convinced me that I could come back later for the credit. We ended up not going back over there until we were leaving and the line was full, so I decided to pass it up, because I knew I'd be back the next year, because Dejavu, Georgia Cyclone, and Mindbender were also closed that day.

Amount 30 minutes for Speed Monster at Tusenfryd, however it was not running when I got on the line. It was during an ERT session with TPR in 2006, after the park closed but at least we had incredible rides on Thunder Coaster in the rain as a substitute.

I usually won't wait more than 30 minutes, I usually ride the unreliable coasters early in the day before the line builds. If a coaster has a long line and is unreliable I'll generally skip it.

It wasn't exactly me, but it was pretty funny. My oldest sister chaperoned me at Valleyfair. She and my friend decided to get on Steel Venom; I did not ride because I didn't feel like riding (probably first year jitters). About 5-10 minutes into the ride and the ride ops said that the ride shut down due to bad weather. My sister was mad! I think with the lines, they probably wouldn't make it anyways knowing it was a school trip.

I waited in a full queue house for the Comet at Hersheypark the first time I went there and once I got into the last switchback before the ramp it started pouring. I really wanted to go on it so I waited around for another 45 minutes for it to stop raining then another twenty for it to open, so I spent about 2 1/2 hours on the Comet which is not worth that at all.

-I waited in a full queue house for the Comet at Hersheypark the first time I went there and once I got into the last switchback before the ramp it started pouring. I really wanted to go on it so I waited around for another 45 minutes for it to stop raining then another twenty for it to open, so I spent about 2 1/2 hours on the Comet which is not worth that at all.

-I also waited in a 45 minute line for FArenheit this year and once I was two trains away it went down and I waited it out for 1 1/2 hours before it closed for the day.

I waited for Revenge Of The Mummy (USF) when it first opened (within the first month. And it was 75 minute wait, we made it to the stairs, and it broke down, we eventually waited about 2-3 hours in that line hoping it would re-open but it didn't, it was a big waste of time. Then later we came back we found out about the single-rider line.

6 hours for TTD in it's opening year.

Well, 6 hours in total.

What happened was the line was about 2 hours when we got in, but due to rain the ride was shut down after we had waited about an hour. The rain was light and looked like it would let up so we decided to wait it out. Eventually everyone in the line left and we moved from the middle of a full queue right to the front.

After about 6 hours we all got on, got a roll back, and got front of the line passes for another ride (which we used for MF at about 12:30am).

We missed out on all the Halloween stuff, but the roll back was pretty damn awesome.

I had this happen twice last year on two different rides:

--My brother and I waited for Raptor for about an hour. We got into the station, and in line for the front when it started pouring. We decided to wait it out sinec we were already under cover and there wasn't much else to do in the rain. Waited 30-45 minutes before they opened it again. That was probably the craziest ride I've ever had on Raptor.

--One of the final weekends of Halloween Haunt at KI last year I was in line for The Beast with a friend. We got in line about 11:30 and waited about 45 minutes before we were in the station. They closed it for technical difficulties for some reason or another. They said they were going to try to get it up and running ASAP, so we decided to wait it out since there wasn't much else to do. We probably waited another 30 minutes or so before they closed it for the night. On a side note, I'm still without a night ride on The Beast...

My brother and I waited 10.5 hours for *gasp I know...* Son of Beast in 2000. We were in line when the park opened, and they were testing it, then the rain started. We weren't even in the official line, just lined up in action zone behind the entrance. To pass the time, we taught ourselves to juggle with the help of another guy in line waiting. After the rain stopped, they tested it with empty trains for another hour and let us in line. Then the lift hill had some sort of problem and we waited it out some more (noone had been on it that day yet, and it was already 7:00pm. Finally around 8:30 my brother and I got on our ride. After it finally opened we had a 5 minute wait for the front seat. When we got off the ride, Guest relations was at the exit with free on-ride photos and free soft drinks for those of us who waited so long. If we hadn't been season pass holders I would have never done it, and in hind sight, the ride was so rough that we were pretty dissapointed.

-James Dillaman

I waited about an hour to an hour and a half for Mr. Freeze at Six Flags St. Louis in 2005. The ride broke down when I was near the station, but the ride ops never announced that the ride was closed to those not in the station. Those in the station were gone, but those in line were left clueless. Eventually those in line realized what was going on and they left through the chicken/emergency exits. Keep in mind that Mr. Freeze dispatches slowly, so there was nothing unusual about waiting several minutes for a launch, but it was only when no launch was heard for at least an hour that people realized how long they had been waiting.

The one good thing about waiting was that the queue was air conditioned, and it was hot out if I remember correctly.

last year in may, my cousin and i waited about 2 hours for "vliegende hollander" at efteling, and just when entering the boat or vehicle or however you will call this, we where asked to check out again, they closed the ride because they could not get one of the boats back onto the track again, after the watering section of the ride.

the bad luck was, even when efteling is a beautiful park with awful theming and nice landscaping, the "vliegende hollander" was the only reason for our visit that day.

My friend and I were at Busch Gardens once, and we were in line for SheiKra. Just as we got to the front (Where they ask how many you have in a group and direct you to one of the lines), they stopped the ride because of weather. My friend's mom called us back, and we had to leave. X_X (I believe were in line for over an hour)

Then there was another time when I was in line for Dueling Dragons. I was at about the middle of the "exterior" portion of the line, (the part after you choose fire or ice, I was at ice), and weather shut the ride down. But hey, I benefited from that because so many people left and that got me right up to the front. After the reopening, I was part of the first group on after they did a quick test run. They also did a little park and ride trivia while we waited.

Wow, am suprised no one has mentioned their "X" story's of in waiting in line, cause I know many of you do!

Well the first month "X" opened up i waited 3 1/2 hours for it. Back then it was totally worth it, now... lets just say take the 3 away from the 1/2 part and thats as long as I'll wait now cause it's the first ride we hit when we enter the park.

Wow, am suprised no one has mentioned their "X" story's of in waiting in line, cause I know many of you do!

Well the first month "X" opened up i waited 3 1/2 hours for it. Back then it was totally worth it, now... lets just say take the 3 away from the 1/2 part and thats as long as I'll wait now cause it's the first ride we hit when we enter the park.

Ok, I'll mention one.

X2 - 4 hours on a Saturday this July.

Was a very sad Panda.

I waited an 1.5 hours to ride Drop Zone at KI the year it opened (or was it the year after?). Anyway, it was the same day that the kid fell out of Drop Zone at Great America, apparently right before I was about to get on Drop Zone all the way across the country. They just closed it and made everyone leave the line with no explanation. I was pretty pissed. We only had about 2 hours before park closing when we got in line, and it was a toss up whether we would ride Face-Off or Drop Zone. We didn't ride either.

Well my story isn't too dramatic, but I thought I would add it. I was waiting about 10 minutes to get on Flashback at SFNE and I was the next one in line to ride. Right as everyone unloaded they announced on the the speaker that it was experiencing difficulties and would not open for the rest of the day.

I didn't suffer and overall it prevented myself from getting a headache.

We were at SFMM for fright fest of 06, and were in line for Deja Vu for about 45 minutes, then it broke down. We decided to wait it out for about ten to fifteen before being told that the ride would be down for a good hour or longer. It really sucked though as we right up towards the front of the line by that point. Oh well.

So yeah thats the longest i've waited for a ride and then it broke. Gotta love Deja Vu!! Why we were waiting in line for 45 minutes for it to begin with was beyond us, its a good ride but much more satisfying with a shorter wait.