TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2009 Trips Announced!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got around to biting the bullet and asking the parents. Originally the Texas trip was my top choice. However, I'm a little worried about how the cliques and groups may already be formed going into Texas after the Deep South trip...do you guys have any info on how many people my age (16-18) will be doing both trips vs. just Texas? If I'm lucky I may be able to do the Deep South too, although I've been to Dollywood, Carowinds, and SFOG (I really want to give Goliath a 2nd chance because my only ride on it, in the front row, was pretty much forceless) within the last two years.

Dude you are so lucky your parents are even considering letting you go. My Dad would flip out if I asked if I could go on vacation on my own in general, let alone a trip about coasters. Oh well Ill be 18 next year and will at some point go on a TPR trip.

^ It applies to all trips. So if we fill the West Coast trip the next person we get a deposit from would be put on the waiting list.

If you are interested and can't make the deposit right away, please at least let us know ASAP if you are SERIOUS about doing a trip and we can try to work something out.

--Robb

I would really love to do the West Coast Trip, but, with a new baby, I don't think I'll have the money for the expenses. I would however love to meet up with you guys at Disneyland(because I have a pass). How would that work?? Do I still ahve to pay some fee just to go to Disneyland with TPR or...do I just have to go to Disneyland and be like "OH HIIII GUYS!"

Just wondering.

Thanks for the info and stuff. I wasn't sure that I would be able to afford even the Texas trip with us trying to move, new job, etc., but it looks all systems go for the trip, and since it will e my first TPR trip experience, I am so looking forward to it. (Even if I am a chicken...)

Question about the trips forum: I know that a live chat will be on Tuesdays; my work schedule is haywire right now, and I work Tues. until around 4am. Will the chat be open any other time or is that the only time it's operational?

Once we open up the trip boards, we take a poll to see what time works best for the majority of people for the 'official' trip chat.

We will have a dedicated chat room though for each trip, so you can go in whenever you want! I know for the East Coast trip, there were tons of random chats going on all the time!

^IMHO, I would start looking, but not buying yet. I think we will see the discounts hit a few months before the trip starts.

For the Deep South trip, I plan to book Airtran unless something is cheaper. I might even drive up and stop by Wild Adventures on the way (if we aren't going there on the trip).

^IMHO, I would start looking, but not buying yet. I think we will see the discounts hit a few months before the trip starts.

....and risk that all the cheap flights will be sold out by then. At least on international flights, it's a good plan to book as soon as the OK is given.

Short flights however, tend to plunge before the actual date.

^ Really, you can pretty much pay off the trip as much or as little as you want to at a time. As long as the deposit payments are met, or if you've made other arragements with us, it's totally up to you on what works best for you how to pay them off.

--Robb

Alright, I finally paypal'd over my eCheck deposit for the Deep South trip. The Scandinavia trip would be awesome, but I just recently started work, and I very much doubt I'd have enough leave by then (it might be possible if I traded a lot of blood for comptime, plus I'll be getting some travel comptime, but still..). I'll save some time and money for whatever 2010's big trip is, and in the meantime, I'm really looking forward to this one. And maybe later I'll change my mind on Texas.

For now, I guess I should post more often.