TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2009 Trips Announced!

I cant decide between the Deep South and Texas trips.

It's not too late to send in a deposit right?

Just a few posts above yours...

Get your deposits in NOW!!!!

If you're planning on sending in a deposit, give me a heads up email cause I'm trying to figure out if we'll need lotteries or not for some of the trips!

Thanks!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Hanno, I'm finally taking a look at your entire collection, it's a bit overwhelming in a great way! A lot of fantastic shots!

^^I'm sure it was mentioned in an earlier post but as long as a spot on the trip is open, you can technically sign up and pay for all fees due up to the day that you sign up (deposits to the full price) right up to the start of the trip. I'm sure there is a cut off point of a week to a month before the start day but I'm not sure what the policy on that this. I'm sure that Elissa can provide answers on future posts or during the trip Q&A session. Of course, if there is a lottery, your best chance of not being waitlisted if it comes down to that, is to get your refundable deposit in asap. Send one in for both trips!

West Coast deposit is now in.

I think all I'm looking for if I do go is that 1 special ride, like Phoenix and Boulder Dash were on the EC trip. If I find that, then I'm a happy person.

In terms of wooden coasters....eh, no. There is the new Terminator GCI, and Ghostrider and Knott's, and that's where it stops,

Now on the steel side, you'll have Tatsu, Goliath, X2, Xcelerator and a bunch of cool inverts and loopers

Natalie, would you be interested in a road trip out there? I might be considering it yet again...

Well, I was considering the possibility of sucking it up and getting a prescription for something (or maybe just a bottle of vodka) to knock me out so I could fly. And maybe looking to see if anyone on the trip lives near me who'd be willing to take the same flight so they can hold my hand, hold the paper bag to my mouth, and remind me to breathe in and out, in and out.

But hmm...road trip... I like that idea too. We'll have to discuss it as it gets closer.

Let me know if you need a bottle of Grey Goose.

Yea if only my wallet would have the same "best interest"

Thanks for helping me out fellow TPR'ers, its much appreciated

Always be on the lookout for West Coast Bash in March. That is always a great event to go to for a single day with TPR members at SFMM. I am assuming that there will be another event next year.

West Coast deposit is now in.

I think all I'm looking for if I do go is that 1 special ride, like Phoenix and Boulder Dash were on the EC trip. If I find that, then I'm a happy person.

In terms of wooden coasters....eh, no. There is the new Terminator GCI, and Ghostrider and Knott's, and that's where it stops

Those aren't the only woodies here in California. Don't forget about Giant Dipper at SCBB. That's a classic! There's also Giant Dipper at Belmont, Colossus at SFMM and Roar! at SFDK.

SCBB's Giant Dipper is really a lot of fun!

Yeah, as a wooden coaster enthusiast (thanks to the East Coast Trip), I'm really looking forward to both Giant Dippers, as well as the carousel with the rings at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk--I can compare to the one at Knoebel's!

Also looking forward to seeing the Circus Trees at Gilroy, just about everything at Disneyland and DCA (I canceled my annual vacation there this year--which would have been next week--to go on the East Coast Trip), finally getting to visit a Legoland, and making my triumphant return to Knott's and USH for the first time in nearly two decades.

Actually, in all honesty... there really isn't anything I'm *not* looking forward to on the West Coast Trip! Crossing days off the calendar to August 5 is the new reason I wake up every morning.

I completely agree!

I'm looking foward to California Adventure, Legoland and V2!

Also Disneyland, It's been so long I don't even remember!!

The new Simpsons ride and Santa Cruz Boardwalk!!

How about a recap on that Smith Island Cake!!

^I'm really looking forward to Disneyland, California Adventure, Magic Mountain, Knott's, Discovery Kingdom, and Universal Studios Hollywood to name a few--but the whole trip looks incredible!

As for that incredible cake, words cannot describe! Though, I still think the candy sushi was the greatest treat we had that night, besides the neighborhood blackout.

As an ECT2008 participant, I can say without the slightest doubt, this vacation was the best ever. Just wanted to tell if I'm not sure about doing a trip next summer, it's certainly not because of my last trip experience, since this one was just INCREDIBLE!!! Well, I have already been to Magic Mountain and I'm no big fan of Disney (except when I visit with the kids), so West Coast is a bit less appealing to me this year. Deep South PLUS Texas would probably be a bit expensive for me (coming from overseas, 2 flights and so on...) The only options for me will then be Deep South plus adding a few days to a destination of my choice... Cedar Point comes to my mind, I want to see how TTD and KK compare. Deep South only is too short for me to make the flight worth it. Anybody out there who would be interested in joining me (CP either before or after DS)? Nothing sure right now, but knowing I'm not on my own might make a decision easier...

I'm desperate to get on a trip next year but unfortunately my finances are pretty shocking at the moment. Really considering Deep South, as Dollywood and SFOG are both parks I'd love to visit and then I could maybe add a few days of my own on to the end of it, like you mentioned Dragon Kahn, and that would help me 'justify' the long flight. I thought about maybe hiring a car from Atlanta and making the 6 hour(?) drive to Orlando for a few days at Disney/ Universal and possibly a trip out to BGA too. Saying that I would love to visit Cedar Point too! Have some difficult decisions to make!!

In case anyone missed the email that went out today, we announced trip chat for tomorrow (Tuesday) at 5pm PST or 8pm EST. Here is the email:

Hey TPR peeps!

Here's a quick update on TPR's 2009 Trips. First off, trip chat is Tuesday, November 11th at 5pm (PST) 8pm (EST)

Come into chat to ask us questions about TPR trips and meet other participants who will be joining us. It's a fun Q&A session and we are happy to answer any of your questions! (NOTE - Chat transcript will be posted later if you miss it!)

To get to our chat room, log into TPR forums with your username and password and either click the "chat room" link on the top of the page, or click this link here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/chatspot/chatspot.php?room=1

*ALL* of TPR's 2009 trips are over half full! Some trips only have about 10 spots left so get your deposits in NOW!

If you are interested in Scandinavia, we need your deposit ASAP!!! Or at least email us and let us know the "Check is in the mail." The lottery (if needed) will be held on November 14th, 2008 and if your deposit comes in AFTER that date, we cannot guarantee you a spot on that trip.

**TPR Trip Links**

For all our trip flyers and information, click here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/events/

For updated information on the forum click here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47234

TPR's 2009 Trips are:

Scandinavia - June 7th - June 22nd

Deep South USA - July 11th - July 17th

Texas - July 17th - July 22nd

West Coast USA - August 6th - August 17th

Thank you!

--Robb Alvey

http://www.themeparkreview.com

Too bad i can't make the chat, I'll be working. I guess I'll just have to read the transcript later then.

Anyways I sent in my deposit last night for Deep South. Hopefully it'll be a blast, I cant wait! This is my first TPR trip. I'm hoping to meet some interesting and fun new people. It just really sucks that I'm going alone, so I guess I'll need to break out of my shell while on the trip.