TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2009 Trips Announced!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I thought one of the main draws to these trips is to meet new people. I'm not going to know anybody either.

If I wanted to just hang out at a park with one of my friends, I could do that anytime. I'm excited about the opportunity of meeting new people with the same obsession. I need coaster friends.

I would believe that it is the speedpark in Sevierville, Tennessee (Just outside of Pigeon Forge) since it has a credit while most others do not (the Myrtle Beach Location has two of the old Pavilion coasters sitting in the parking lot in pieces), and I think you have the right Schlitterbahn.

That is correct.

Robb and I sat down and decided that we REALLY like one bus trips, so all trips will most likely be capped at one bus. (We also don't like waiting lists!) Now, buses range in size from 37 - 55 passengers in most places so I can't give exact numbers left because I don't have buses confirmed for all trips yet. All trips are over 25 paid signups each. Scandi is at 35.

Hope this helps!

We'll probably have a trip chat this upcoming week so keep your eyes out!

^Thanks guys - I'd guessed it was the Sevierville park because of the credit and because of its proximity to Dollyworld.

Two more questions if I may;

1. Do the longer trips between parks (100-200 miles) tend to be in the evening or early morning or a combination of both?

2. Do you aim in general to get to parks at or before opening time (since that's the best time to get a quick sequence of rides)?

Cheers

Crap! I beter get my friend to go with me otherwise I won't know anyone

I would also agree that the as well as kick a$$ rides, ERT, lots and lots of extra perks and TPR craziness, the social aspect is the main draw.

If you are on the trip, you will get to know a lot of people - some very well and some not so well. I've made some great friends with people from previous TPR trips.

There are always one or two exceptions (as is the case with ANY large social group of people), which to be fair is normally caused by their own doing but you are ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED to be made to feel really welcome and to have an awesome time with TPR. I couldn't recommend it enough!

1. Do the longer trips between parks (100-200 miles) tend to be in the evening or early morning or a combination of both?

2. Do you aim in general to get to parks at or before opening time (since that's the best time to get a quick sequence of rides)?

Cheers

I've been on 3 trips and never has the morning drive before riding been more than an hour. The longest drives are usually at the end of day (but not overnight) as R&E try to be as close as possible to the next mornings park.

Everyday usually begins with being at a park before opening, as pre-opening and after close are the times that parks offer ERT sessions.

All bets are off on the Scandi trip as ferries (not just buses) are as a mode of transportation .

R&E and will be better able to answer specific bus travel questions once the Trip Q&A is set up.

I have a quick question...

My job (as a student tutor for Geometry students) is high-paying ($12 a hour), but I only get the money if someone sets up an appointment with me (which, so far, no one has). I'm sure I'll have the money by the end of the second week of January (when the school semester finals begin and failing geometry students want to study at the last minute).

I know there really isn't a deadline for the initial deposit, but what if by the end of January, I turn in the initial deposit and then I pay the second payment for the Texas trip the next day?

Crap! I beter get my friend to go with me otherwise I won't know anyone

I would also agree that the as well as kick a$$ rides, ERT, lots and lots of extra perks and TPR craziness, the social aspect is the main draw.

If you are on the trip, you will get to know a lot of people - some very well and some not so well. I've made some great friends with people from previous TPR trips.

There are always one or two exceptions (as is the case with ANY large social group of people), which to be fair is normally caused by their own doing but you are ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED to be made to feel really welcome and to have an awesome time with TPR. I couldn't recommend it enough!

Ok cool. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm just kind of shy that's all. So it would be better if I could get my friend to come. Plus it would be my 1st time traveling by plane by myself so I'm kind of nervous. I'm really excited though

One bus does sound a lot better and more intimate. I joined ACE a few years ago, in hopes of meeting others and having fun with them. I went to one event, and there were too many people and too many cliques and I didn't really have a chance to get to know anybody. I was disappointed and didn't renew my membership...maybe I just didn't give it a chance.

TPR just seems like more of a "fit" with me. I hope I'm right.