TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2009 Trips Announced!

It's all about what prioritizing your budget for what you want most.

Exactly! THISis a really good thread to read if you haven't already about making choices that will help you afford the trips.

--Robb

I just looked at that thread and spit out my drink on this:

I would like an address to send Elissa a dollar to buy a new purse

Anyway, it's all about figuring out what's important to you. I have my bills, but my heap of a car is paid for (needs to be fixed but that's on the priority list) and I tend to juggle money around. If I have to stay at home a weekend or two to shift money, I will. I just make sure my gym membership is up to date and I pop in a movie (I got a bunch I bought and have yet to watch) or play a video game to pass the time.

Now some of my friends have more disposable income from their, um, "work", but then they blow it all on partying so they can't pick up and leave on a trip like this. Skip two circuit weekend parties they can easily afford the trip. I mean a week pass for an event like the White Party coming up could be $300-500, then you factor in airfare, food and hotel for five days and that's basically one of the "affordable" TPR trips. So when they say the trips I've been on cost to much, I'll bring up a party weekend and then they get it.

Terry

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about what prioritizing your budget for what you want most.

Exactly! THISis a really good thread to read if you haven't already about making choices that will help you afford the trips.

--Robb

Wow...that's going to be hard for me to do, since my family REALLY enjoys doing all of those things.

Good news is...I got a job tutoring kids on Geometry. It pays $12 an hour! Add that to stuff I sell on eBay and I might be able to go to Texas after all.

Wow I never would have expected my little money comment would start a 3 page discussion! I was talking more about the amount of time for the trips anyway. I mean my work (Target) will only really let me get about a week off of work. I would do both the DS and the Texas trip if it wasn't a problem with work

Well, I really wanted to do the West Coast trip but I don't get that much vacation time and don't think I can swing the cost for that trip. I've heard so many good things about these trips that I wanted to do one. I had to bow out of the 2007 Midwest as well.

So, I put my deposit down for the Texas trip and I think I should be able to do that in terms of overall cost and time off from work.

So are we guaranteed spots if we've already put in our deposits? I know you guys said there'd be a lottery for the Scandi trip. Just wanted a little clarification. Looking forward to going to Texas (I finally have a good reason to)!

No one outside of the Alveys has a guaranteed spot on the trips at this time.

People who place deposits are eligible for the lottery on the trip they have specified.

At the deadline, if the # of people placing deposits for a trip is lower than the bus capacity, a lottery will not be necessary and at that time your spot will be guaranteed.

There were quite a few spots that opened up on the Europe trip last year. Also my I got on the midwest trip last year because a few people dropped out and I took one of the open positions.

So even if you're not on the initial list, there a chance that you can get on if someone drops out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can go and I have no issues that keep me from going.

Terry

Like anyone else I'd love to do a trip.

At the very moment, the only thing I'm sure I'll do is to join up in Helsinki, I mean it would kinda be rude if I didn't! and possibly come along the whole Finland part of the trip. I know about the 'getting into groups' thing, so I might be alone, but I'll prefer much more being at a park with nice TPR members around than regular finnish people .

Financially I could just do a trip, but it's just that I haven't got the time for it. Usually it's just an excuse, not that much this time. As I am doing the mandatory civil duty-work thing that lasts until end of Sept.09, and I can only take like 20 days (+10 possible "bonus days") off during the whole year (weekends, bank holidays are free), and you can take only like 4 days max. off in a month.

I take it Russia won't be a secret add-on?, as e.g. St.Petersburg is closer than Power Park from Helsinki (I might've said this before) and there's 1-2 direct trains to the city.

Don't get wrong that would probably quite much organizing in a year/summer. But if anyone is interested, I could help with some info if needed, same goes for anything about Finland .

Mmm....the Texas trip looks great to me! I should be getting it okayed and the money out soon. B&M Floorless, Boardwalk Bullet, Batman clones, S&S Combos, TITAN, and Schlitterbahn...wow, they all sound so good!

I'd love to do the Deep South Trip, but I've visited the big three parks already...but they're great parks, love to re-visit. Oh, and I need to get on Mystery Mine

I wish West Coast was a possibility, but college orientation is probably going to inturrupt.

Robb, Elissa, others who helped plan these trips....what a great job! I'm so excited for the 2009 season and I hope to join the Texas trip!

-Zach

Any rough ideas as to whether or not there will be an add-on after the Texas trip and what timing will be involved? Our trip to/from Oz really needs to be booked soon as it's peak travel season and there are not many reasonably priced fares, and we'll be coming home straight after the end of the Texas trip.

I'm really in two different minds about whether I should do a trip next year or not.

If I do go on a trip (most likely West Coast), then I'll never be able to go on another trip again (unless I suddenly gain lots of money from somewhere), meaning that if a really cool trip like Asia/Europe comes up in '10/'11, I really would be kicking myself.

Robb, how quickly do you reckon the places for the American trips will fill up?