TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2009 Trips Announced!

Yes this helped me 100%. Thanks alot!

I have one question Robb/Elissa. It's probably not a big deal but I haven't been on an airplane for a long time. I have diabetes and I'll have to bring alot of supplies with me even if I'm only doing the 5 day trip. This shouldn't be a problem in the airport or at the parks right? I just want to clear everything up now. Thanks in advance!

As someone that has to carry way too much medication with him at all times, and travels to various parts of the world every year, I can help you with this question.

You should have no problem at the airport. If you use any liquid medication, you'll have to have it in a separate plastic bag for screening, but other than that it's no big deal. It is a good idea for you to have a letter from your doctor stating that you have to take these things with you, just in case you get a really annoying security person (I've never had to use mine, but it's still a good idea to carry one). I've never been questioned about any of my medical supplies, and this includes many visits to foreign countries. So this is nothing to worry about.

At the parks, I either carry stuff I need in zippered cargo pockets on my shorts, or in a small bag (usually a TPR bag). Different parks have different policies about bags and other items, and these should be discussed on the trip forums long before you head out for the trip, so you'll know what you can carry around with you, or what you might have to store in a locker. But again, this is no big deal, just requires a little pre-planning.

Hope this helps. Any other questions about this, ask away...

dt

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope that helps!

--Robb

Thanks, Robb! A "meet up" sounds great, and I hope it happens. I just want to be able to meet everyone and hang out without barging in uninvited. I know just showing up is discouraged if you don't actually know any of the trip participants (and I don't!).

Still going to keep my fingers crossed that hubby will cave on the actual trip, though it doesn't seem likely.

I'm interested in either the Deep South or Texas trip, but I doubt I would be able to stay for the entire length of the trip. Is it a possibility to leave any of the trips early? I expect that the answer is yes, especially since I know it will be up to me to get to the airport, pay for transportation, etc.

Mainly, I was curious to see if any of your trip-goers have ever left early, and if any of them post on here, to get input on how that worked for them.

We've had people either come in late or leave early on about half of the trips. As long as you understand that the price is still the same (we don't do partial trips) and that you're on your own for getting to where we are, or getting to where you need to go it's not a problem!

The only problem is you won't want to leave! We've had that before...people have changed their plans to stay longer with us!

^You can put in your deposit for Texas and Deep South, then you need to tell me by the 2nd deadline which one you'll be doing for sure. At that point if you decide to only do one, we can move over the deposit money from the other trip to the one you've decided to do.

Make Sense?

Hope that helps!

--Robb

Thanks, Robb! A "meet up" sounds great, and I hope it happens. I just want to be able to meet everyone and hang out without barging in uninvited. I know just showing up is discouraged if you don't actually know any of the trip participants (and I don't!).

Still going to keep my fingers crossed that hubby will cave on the actual trip, though it doesn't seem likely.

I don't know anybody either, but really want to go on a TPR trip. I told my boyfriend (who isn't a park fan and wouldn't be coming) and he seemed surprisingly cool with it. I think he must figure that if I get to go on a trip, then he will be allowed to visit his friend in Key West later in the year with no questions asked.

Just come without the hubby, and hang out with me.

I've been trying to look what are the rules for people just meeting up with a TPR group. I now you can't join in the ERT, and the food times but what else is off limits to those who "tag along"

From my own experience, from both as an outsider to the group as an insiders I can tell you that you're going to hit a brick wall if you don't anybody personally who is already on the trip.

When you meetup with TPR everybody on the actual trip has gotten to know each-other and those little groups are not easily letting someone tag along.

Now I don't want to say to everyone not to visit the park when the trip is there, but don't expect that the members will welcome you with open arms into their groups.

I've been trying to look what are the rules for people just meeting up with a TPR group. I now you can't join in the ERT, and the food times but what else is off limits to those who "tag along"

Any of the "perks" that are strictly for the trip participants. ERT, picnics, meals, backstage tours, walkbalks, etc.

Basically, you can stay with them in line, hang out with them, and ride the rides during their normal times. Anything you can't do with a normal admission ticket, you can't do with them.

That being said, it is a very difficult thing to just come and "hang out" on a TPR trip. There's often already little cliques, for lack of a better term, that have formed and just breaking in and hanging out can be difficult.

It's really in your best interest to just GO ON THE TRIPS!

I can't decide!!!

I soooooooo wanna go on the West Coast trip, I have been dying to get to California forever! But Its my Mum's 50th and my parents 25th wedding anniversary so I dunno if I can get out of it lol!

How many spaces are on the West coast trip?

45 or 90 based on signups within the next 30 days. If we have 75 people signup, we'll push for two buses and do 90...if less than that sign up we'll do 45 people on one bus with a wait list.

So people that are interested, email me and get your deposit in soon!

That being said, it is a very difficult thing to just come and "hang out" on a TPR trip. There's often already little cliques, for lack of a better term, that have formed and just breaking in and hanging out can be difficult.

To make it easier, if you're planning on meeting up and don't know anyone, just don't come alone. Bring a local friend or two, that way you have someone to hang out with for the day if you don't end up joining with an existing group.

That way you could come out, meet some people, but don't have to worry about spending the day alone.

I'm going to be talking to my parents tonight and showing them the papers. I'm hoping I can coax them into letting me do the Deep South and Texas because I have this feeling that once I'm at the end of the Deep South trip, I'm not gonna want to leave. Besides, I've lived in the "deep south" my whole life - I've never been to Texas!

From my own experience, from both as an outsider to the group as an insiders I can tell you that you're going to hit a brick wall if you don't anybody personally who is already on the trip.

When you meetup with TPR everybody on the actual trip has gotten to know each-other and those little groups are not easily letting someone tag along.

Now I don't want to say to everyone not to visit the park when the trip is there, but don't expect that the members will welcome you with open arms into their groups.

What hyyyper says is very true. Not to sound like the group is closed minded to outsiders it's just that by even the end of day one, most people have made friends and are hanging out in their groups.

It's hard for people who haven't been privvy to the rest of the trip to break into that mold.

Now if it's a one-day event like Behemoth Bash for example, then there are a lot of people who are showing up for just the day, and they usually all gel together and that works.

But if you are coming on your own to meet up with us, and you can't do the ERTs or the meals, then it is kind of hard to join up with the group as we don't stay together as one large group throughout the day.

My advice to you would be to come to the park with a small group of friends, say 2 or 3 people, and "meet" some of the TPR trip members, but don't be too offended if they already have a small group they are hanging with and they are doing their own thing.

Does that help?

--Robb

^It would be very difficult for 50+ people to travel in a group at the park. During the day we will meet up for a group meal or to decide if everyone got their credits so we could leave early to get to the hotel or another park.

So one we get off the bus we would split off to certain rides, unless we have a ERT session when we first get there. Usually there are different type of people on the trip such as those that only want to get their credits in, people that video and photograph rides and people that take a more leisurely pace to the park (which I fall in). So usually the people that end up together have the same goals in mind for that day.

What hyyyper says is very true. Not to sound like the group is closed minded to outsiders it's just that by even the end of day one, most people have made friends and are hanging out in their groups.

But if you are coming on your own to meet up with us, and you can't do the ERTs or the meals, then it is kind of hard to join up with the group as we don't stay together as one large group throughout the day.

Also, the group may have a certain amount of time allotted to a park. Sometimes we may be at a park all day, some for a few hours. For the shorter visits, just about everyone is rushing off to get their coaster credits, which makes it harder for someone not on the official trip to meet up with the group.

Terry

Thanks all for elaborating with this question. I know it could be very easy to answer in a very generic form like "yes its possible to meet up or no it's not..." It's very helpful cause I know am not the only with this question in mind. Thanks again for all the feedback

^Read the last two pages re: meeting up with the group.

To those of you who have PM and emailed me questions, I will answer them all tonight! I have a somewhat sick baby on my lap who is not letting me do very much right now! I'll get to you tonight though!