TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

Does anyone know if there will be a Media Day Camp out for this coaster? is so.. When? Tatsu's Media Day camp out was so fun, would like to attend another.

I have talked to the park about hosting a campout for Terminator and the answer was no, sorry!

--Robb

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome pics, this really is coming along nice.

But I still can't help but think of the bottle-neck that will be happening on that narrow bridge. Also, sad that the restroom renovation wasn't everything it could/should have been.

As for the media day camp-out, too bad that won't be happening, although I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. Stupid class.

I'm thinking we may go up at opening on Memorial Day for our first rides, but not sure.

I'm thinking we may go up at opening on Memorial Day for our first rides, but not sure.

Yeah, I have things going on the first two days, so I'll be heading out there on Memorial Day as well.

The ride looks fantastic, and it looks almost done, as far as actual track structure goes! I can't wait to ride this thing, especially if these tunnels end up happening.

But I still can't help but think of the bottle-neck that will be happening on that narrow bridge. Also, sad that the restroom renovation wasn't everything it could/should have been.

It seems that the exit of the ride will be like the exit of batman. How wide is Batman's exit? Its not huge, and it doesnt need to be either. They are still basically in a queue, its just an exit queue. One the queue ends, like in batman, there is a large open space for people to wander and do what ever.

Terminator sure is looking great! I'm really looking forward to riding it my next trip out there. I've only ridden one other GCI, Gwazi, so I'm sure this one will be excellent. I'm really liking the tunnels. And I just noticed from the pictures, are those spotlights on the top of the sign?

Gwazi doesn't even have Millenium Flyer Trains either so I don't consider it a real GCI.

Is Terminator still on schedule to open Memorial Day weekend? It looks like there is still a lot of work to do and testing in the next 2 -1/2 weeks. Are the trains on site yet?

Ooh - tunnels on a GCI. That doesn't happen too often, does it?

I seem to remember a tunnel on Roar West as well.

It's been years since I've ridden it.

Yeah there's a tunnel near the end on it. SFA's Roar has one too.

Does anyone know if there will be a Media Day Camp out for this coaster? is so.. When? Tatsu's Media Day camp out was so fun, would like to attend another.

I have talked to the park about hosting a campout for Terminator and the answer was no, sorry!

--Robb

That's too bad there's no campout. My friend and I are planning to go down there for opening. Will there be any TPR event for the opening though?

The logistics of hosting a campout memorial day weekend were probably too much to overcome. Either that, or they plan on hosting their own event like X2? Hopefully they still do some sort of TPR event for Terminator...

Another look at the current construction. Lots of framework going up. I wonder what those could be for? Pre-show buildings? On-ride photos?

I have a feeling in that photo, the building thats closer to the station will house something that'll jump out at us, or be onride photos, and judging by the height of the track in comparision to it, it'll probably be on ride photos.

Or a really small pre-show building.

Is Terminator still on schedule to open Memorial Day weekend? It looks like there is still a lot of work to do and testing in the next 2 -1/2 weeks. Are the trains on site yet?

If they are, SFMM is doing a good job of keeping them secret. I like the idea of them looking like Jeeps. It's be awesome if they put fake mounted machine guns and where those "tunnels" are they'll have hiding Terminators that'll "attack" us and we "fight back".

But that's not family friendly, so I can only keep dreaming

I can not wait for this ride to open only 19 days . Everything just looks awesome. I hope I can be out there opening week. I would be able to if TPR had an event. This will be my first GCII which I am really excited about. For the on board audio I hope on the lift It will be Christian Bale giving his Terminator speech " If you hear this you are now part of the Resistance, tonight we fight back... this is John Connor". Then it starts and at the end of the ride it will be " I'll be back"

May the Fourth be With You!

Happy National Star Wars day!!

^ I don't think he meant a campout, but maybe a small TPR event for the opening. Rob just said that there wasn't going to be a campout hosted by the park. And just to say it again, there will be a media day on the 21st which let's the media hype the ride up before they officially open it on the 23rd. There might be a soft opening inbetween the media day and official opening day, but no one has confirmed that as of yet.