TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

I have seen SO MANY TPR people at TS:TR this past week! And what is more surprising is how many of you have taken a moment to introduce yourselves. It is very much appreciated.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^It was great seeing you today Will. I meant to get a picture of you, and then totally forgot. I'm an idiot!

You did an awesome job in the first pre show room. I loved it when some kid asked why he couldn't touch anything, and you just replied with, "Cause I said so!" It was very military, and yet quite funny! Nice work shuffling every one in and out. Speaking of pre-show rooms, I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of theming that went into this ride. The show rooms were nicely done, and the story clips were neat in their own campy, cheesy, way. (Oh, he says you're, not you, by the way.) Cast members had costumes! Costumes I say! Costumes! It was really nice! It took me back to a day when all the employees had costumes there. Now if only the ride ops had costumes, it would be the icing on the cake. Overall, they set you up for a fun thrilling ride, and give you a break from the heat of the outdoors.

As far as the ride goes, MM has a winner on their hands. It's a good, solid, exciting woodie that is fun for the whole family. I know it's only going 50ish MPH, but it really maintains it's speed. I love all the head choppers, and it has some nice little pops of air. I rode it 7 times in about an hour and a half this morning. 3 back row (excellent!) 3 front row (also excellent!) and one middle row. (still fun!)

Congrats to Jay, Neil, Tim and all the good people at MM. You've got a great ride on your hands. I look forward to getting back and riding again soon.

I got a few quick questions about Termination Day, my mom bought 2 tickets under her name for my brother and I, but where it asked if you are bringing multiple guests she put my brother and I name's, so does that mean my brother and I get in or what? Also my mom paid on paypal and it said the tickets are being mailed to us, is that right, because it said that you need to check in still.

^ The tickets are not being mailed to you, you pick them up at the event. PayPal says that for EVERYTHING you order.

And yes, if your mother bought only two tickets and put down yours and your brothers name, then you guys are the only two who can attend the event.

Hope this answers your questions!

--Robb

I've ridden it 21 times... and it still amazes me.

Today I went with a buddy who hadn't ridden it yet due to the fact he couldn't make the employee preview... he was just as amazed as I was. I also saw a few of the TPR crew while at the park and saw William, though I didn't really get to say hello as the crew was doing an absolutely fabulous job of getting people on the ride.

I wish I had pictures, but my camera was being tempermental... however, I had a friend just outright give me enough cash for a new digital camera (yeah, I don't know why, but hey, he straight up told me to use the money on something I truly wanted).

Great job to everyone at Magic... you've got an absolutely insane woodie here. The park has turned around in so many ways and I, for once in my life, am completely proud to call it my home park.

Sincerely,

R.C.

Rode it yesterday and had an amazing time. We ended up riding 5, 6, or 7 times (yes, loads of strangeness).

It was cool meeting William. Too bad the grouper up and left and we were left sitting outside for a good twenty minutes.

What was sad to see though, was there was already a speaker that had been destroyed, and the ride has been open a week. If it's getting damaged that fast, I can only imagine in a month, or a year.

There is so much more good and a bad I can say, but I'll post that on my PTR on one of the other sites I'm on. Perhaps it will end up on TPR as well.

What was sad to see though, was there was already a speaker that had been destroyed

This was my #1 comment after I took my first ride. "Those uncovered speakers are going to get trashed."

I was told those speakers would be covered but apparently they haven't been.

I've also heard of tagging in the queue already on all that nice theming.

Hopefully they'll get some kind of barriers or something put up so people can't get their paws on it.

--Robb "It's really sad, but not surprising that people would do this..." Alvey

This is why I absolutely hate the demographic SFMM attracts. I know not all of them are bad, but there's enough to piss me off. They can't just let nice things be, they just HAVE to destroy things. WHY? What purpose does it serve? It's not impressive, it just pisses people off and makes things look like crap. I know it's to be expected at a park like SFMM, but the point is that it shouldn't be. Management shouldn't need to cover the speakers and put barriers between guests and theming. It's ridiculous that there are human beings ignorant enough to warrant such action. Everything these days must be protected because of stupid people, it's rather disheartening.

Wouldn't somebody like a ride operator notice if a train went out with a good speaker and came back with a busted one?

And if they were to catch someone vandalizing the theming, etc. would they be able to fine them for it?

Jake "It would be great to know that they can squeeze some money if they catch these vandals" Sundstrom

This is why I absolutely hate the demographic SFMM attracts. I know not all of them are bad, but there's enough to piss me off. They can't just let nice things be, they just HAVE to destroy things. WHY? What purpose does it serve? It's not impressive, it just pisses people off and makes things look like crap. I know it's to be expected at a park like SFMM, but the point is that it shouldn't be. Management shouldn't need to cover the speakers and put barriers between guests and theming. It's ridiculous that there are human beings ignorant enough to warrant such action. Everything these days must be protected because of stupid people, it's rather disheartening.

Yup....

*sigh*

I just got word from Six Flags Magic Mountain and I'm happy to confirm the following schedule for Termination Day:

9:00am - 10:30am - ERT on Terminator

10:30 - 12:00 - Free Time

12:00 - 2:00pm - Picnic area open

2:00pm - 10:00pm - Free time

10:00pm - 11:00pm - ERT on Terminator

So nighttime ERT on Terminator *IS* confirmed!

Elissa and I will also be working on some extras throughout the day...stay tuned!

--Robb "Oh, and the event is SOLD OUT!" Alvey

I rode four times in an hour this morning. The ride is great every time, and no one was assigning seats.

A couple of kids (around 10 years old) were really eating up the theming, which was good to see. After the final preshow, as one of the kids was walking up the stairs, he was yelling, "Run for your lives! They're coming!" I figured he was a first-timer, but before he even made it to the station, he said, "Sector 1! I need to be in Sector 1!"

A couple other funny things people said:

-"See, they changed more than just the name."

-"This ride has actually been here since the '60s."

The demographics of the park is something that we deal with everywhere. I am all for having more security cameras actually watching the areas and PROSECUTING the vandals. Without a consequence, once people see one act of vandalism, it will encourage more to occur.

We see the vandalism everywhere, I am an avid hiker in the Los Angeles area. There is nothing worse than hiking miles into the mountains only to see "Brian" or something spraypainted on a rock in the middle of the wilderness. Hopefully Brian is sleeping well knowing that all the local birds and ants are familiar with his name.

I, for one, am ready and willing to report ANY vandalism or wrongdoing that I see. Without the support of good people at the parks, we will continue to see this defacing of property. We cannot be afraid of these people.

Of course, besides the damaged speaker, wouldn't the vandalism contribute to the post-apocalyptic themeing???? (I am TOTALLY kidding!).

Chris.

Wouldn't somebody like a ride operator notice if a train went out with a good speaker and came back with a busted one?

Not likely, ride operators have far too many other things to worry about.

You're talking about the same park where we went to an outdoor vendor and asked him a question, and he couldn't bother to stop texting while he asnwered our question. Or I, a paying customer, wanted some Dippin Dots, but I sat at the window while one person swept the floor and the other just kept looking at me.

Sadly, the employees don't seem care anymore than the guests.

That's a bit of a generalization don't you think? Especially considering all the new changes that have been going on throughout the Six Flags company?

I had some computer troubles so I couldn't get around to posting until today.

I too was at the park yesterday so I must've run across some of you at some point in the day.

The shortcut behind Revolution worked like a charm though I got on the second train of the day. I had three straight rides - once up front, once in row 9 and the last one in the back. From now on, given a choice, I'll prefer the back rows. Like many of you said, this ride really hauls!

Also, that preshow is quite unintentionally funny. I burst out in laughter the first time I heard the "You at Six Flags Magic Mountain". On my 2nd and 3rd times through the pre shows I actually thought he might be saying "You're" but it could definitely be construed as "you". I also laughed a bit during "Listen, I know how you're feeling...I've been there...".

Dialogue aside, I think they did a great job with the theming and a fantastic job with the ride itself. I could only hear "take the tunnel" on one of my rides, however and the flame effects were on for only one ride as well.

I think it's easy to overlook the good in employees but when it comes to the bad we as customers notice all of it. Now I can assure you that there ARE bad seeds at SFMM, but there are bad seeds everywhere we go. I remember when going to the mountain and not getting a friendly greeting from one employee all day long, not even at the front gate. Magic Mountain has improved leaps and bounds, and it's all because of the management. It's hard enough to get a fast food joint full of employees on the right track let alone a park full of hundreds of park employees. And as others have said before here, if you have a problem at the park let guest relations know, it let's management know where those bad seeds are!

As far as terminator getting vandalized, that's just a part of life, you will never stop those things from happening. The only thing you can do about it is be quick to repair/fix/clean it up. Management knows this and I'm sure knows about any vandalism that happens before we can post about it here.

I am all for having more security cameras actually watching the areas and PROSECUTING the vandals. Without a consequence, once people see one act of vandalism, it will encourage more to occur.

I, for one, am ready and willing to report ANY vandalism or wrongdoing that I see. Without the support of good people at the parks, we will continue to see this defacing of property. We cannot be afraid of these people.

Exactly.

If I ever caught any groups or person vandalizing , destroying, line cutting, or breaking any sort of park rule I'd round up any 18+ volunteer ride ops / leads to personally detain them until security / sheriffs arrived.

Not sure if its protocol , but it worked. And it made all the guests rather happy. It also beats calling security and waiting 20 minutes for them to arrive.

But it takes a lot of initiative for that sort of action to occur. As it goes above and beyond what your duty calls for, but wanting extreme changes comes with extreme actions.

I've also had many guests who would follow rule breaking guests around the park and then point them out to security when they would arrive.

Point being, there are good apples and bad apples. But more often than not the bad apples are the ones that get noticed.

I find all this talk about the "cheesy" pre-show funny. Are there any non-cheesy pre-shows?? I can't remember many rides where I didn't think the pre-show was just a cheap way to immerse me in the ride. That's the fun of it!

You're talking about the same park where we went to an outdoor vendor and asked him a question, and he couldn't bother to stop texting while he asnwered our question. Or I, a paying customer, wanted some Dippin Dots, but I sat at the window while one person swept the floor and the other just kept looking at me.

Please report things like this to Guest Relations. The park as a whole is totally committed to THE EXACT OPPOSITE of this. SFMM WANTS to learn where this kind of thing is still happening, and deal with it, but they can't see everything all the time. Please report this, and let the park show you how committed against stuff like this it really is.