TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like it better if they stressed the metal panels on the station. Completely unscathed metal sheets on a building in a post apocalyptic world featuring machines bent on destroying humanity just doesn't seem plausible.

Guess I just gotta take what I can get though. (At least hit the panels a few times with some sledgehammers and throw mud on them or something.)

In this picture that I had taken, which I found after going through all my pictures, that the tunnel in question, as you can see is fully enclosed by wood, and the inside probably has the sheet-metal.

Edit: Actually, it's the angle of the picture giving the illusion that the tunnel is fully enclosed, when it isn't in this picture.

P1010057.JPG.77048b908f78ec297e320c5ebbc6df1b.JPG

Those two guys on that crane lift, must be doing something with the tunnel on that end, or like I said in my previous post, they may be removing that excess wood that is sticking out.

Now that they successfully run trains on the course, I wonder if anyone has "snuck a ride" yet...

Eric

The Terminator commercial running on local LA TV appears to be real POV footage, not some CGI'd thing. And I believe the commercial began running only after the initial testing, leading me to believe it could be real Terminator POV footage. Has anyone either seen this commercial or have inside information on how it was assembled or when it first aired?

BILL

^Is this it?

No, the commercial I'm referring to has no people in it, and no comedy. Just the coaster in various long and medium shots, and then pov shots as it travels the track. Announcer says Six Flags blah blah Terminator using a foreboding voice. The whole commercial appears dark and mechanical. Has anyone else seen this ad?

^You would hope. Perhaps they think the station fly through will serve a dual purpose and will suck air in with the train and expel it as the train leaves.

Rumble. Rumble! RUMBLE! Wooooooooosssshhh! RUMBLE! Rumble! Rumble.

Extreme shotgun air conditioning!

With trains on the track since last week, is it possible they already filmed pov's and commercial footage of Terminator? I haven't seen this one.

I LOVE how a wood coaster is being themed to Terminator just so I can constantly hear people saying "the theme clashes and doesn't make sense" like it really matters or something...haha some coaster nerds... No wonder you don't get invited to the park on media day, all we'd hear is constant complaining!

well i'm going to be there saturday befor it opens, and since im posting from my phone while on the road, i will post once i ride from the park,

if any one wants to join me or meet up sat morning you can find my contact info form my profile, note cell # for contact when meeting at park

I'd like it better if they stressed the metal panels on the station. Completely unscathed metal sheets on a building in a post apocalyptic world featuring machines bent on destroying humanity just doesn't seem plausible.

Guess I just gotta take what I can get though. (At least hit the panels a few times with some sledgehammers and throw mud on them or something.)

It is SFMM. The Tunnels will be pretty tagged up and gum-ridden by Sunday.

(I keed, I keed)

well i'm going to be there saturday befor it opens, and since im posting from my phone while driving, i will post once i ride from the park,

I would STRONGLY recommend reading TPR's Posting Rules before you post again, especially if you are "posting while driving your car."

TPR's Posting Rules:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21962

--Robb

50% off coupons, along with an announcement of T:S opening on Saturday, are being delivered to business customers in the mail today.

I'll post a pic later today, as I can't post the pic from my iPhone.

JJ