TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the drop isn't that steep, the fact that it dives under the lift hill structure will make it fun.

The tunnels might be interesting if they're not 100% enclosed. They could get creative and have light hit your face in small bursts depending on how they leave openings in the sides.

Eric

The ride length looks like most coasters. I remember on X2 campout Neal mentioned to someone that the ride from lift to brake was 46 seconds. And in my opinion its a good ride. Terminator looks like it has that bob and weave look to it which I love on woodies. Cannot wait to finally ride this thing. I'm curious to finally see all of the theming in the station and what not.

^ Most GCI's with two trains are listed at 850 people per hour. So is it 1/12 of 850 times 2 is the difference between the 12 car train and the 11 car train?

--Robb

Here's what I came up with: 850pph/24 = 35.4166667 which I then multiplied by 22 which = 779.166667 riders per hour? So, I would round it to around 780 riders per hour, obviously varying on the speed of the crew.

Sound right?

^ Most GCI's with two trains are listed at 850 people per hour. So is it 1/12 of 850 times 2 is the difference between the 12 car train and the 11 car train?

--Robb

Here's what I came up with: 850pph/24 = 35.4166667 which I then multiplied by 22 which = 779.166667 riders per hour? So, I would round it to around 780 riders per hour, obviously varying on the speed of the crew.

Sound right?

will Manson be on hand at all times to create the 0.166667 riders?

Some people are going to wait hours for a 45 second ride, oh well, at least they won't have to spend a fortune on drinks like at most night clubs.

Which of GCI's previous creations would TS most be like or is it fairly unique?

yeah they're saying a 4.7, it's a good thing that it didnt hit valencia though, the last thing sfmm would want is an earthquake the week before they open a new ride, an earthquake during testing too! (if that means anything)

Great vid! I'll be @ SFMM on the 30th prob in the evening though trying my best to avoid the huge lines. TS has been a long time coming! So excited to ride and I'm really looking forward to the pre-show.