TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"$180.25 for a damn changing station?!? Hmmm...I always figured it would be cheaper." (spacemtfan)

Maybe that company also makes those $500 toilet seats for the military...

For whatever reason, it seems funny how people can enter the Terminator area without passing directly under the sign. Seems like there would have been some sort of barrier to funnel people under it to "begin their experience" as it were.

But things are looking great here. I'm actually looking forward to riding Terminator. For whatever reason, the last few new coasters I rode just didn't build the anticipation for me that this one does.

Eric

^ Yea I havnt been this anxious about a ride since I followed the construction of X. I think it's so anticipated this time around cause it combines a few things at the park that are long overdue such as it being a good woodie and the fact it's themed better than any ride at the park. And even though it was implemented on X2 the addition of on board audio tops it all off.

Wow, who ever said steel wouldn't look good on wood?

These trains on the track are amazing, I feel Six Flags will be testing soon.

Whoever said steel doesn't look good on wood needs to check out Craftsman's elite next-gen hammer. Steel. On wood.

Yeah, trains look great. Do I "feel" like they're going to test soon? Yes. Yes I do. Because Obi-Wan told me. Things like the anticipation of testing...they need to be felt. And oh, I feel it.

One night this week, someone will post a crude camera-phone video of Terminator doin' it's thing. Given the cliched nature of this business, I wanna go ahead and reserve the "It looks so slow" comment for myself. Still available are the "It looks like it's flying over it's course" and "Wow, seems shorter than I expected" comments. Reserve your cliched Terminator testing comment NOW!

And whoever takes the video will most certainly be audibly heard showing signs of nerdy giddiness as the train goes up the lift. Perhaps making over-the-top coaster comments to his less interested friend. "Can you hear the up-stops, Dylan???"

Not psychic. Just been through the drill.

^I call, "Hey! Look! Psyclone is back!"

One of my friends went to the park last weekend and totally thought Terminator was a renamed and repainted Psyclone. I have a feeling this is going to be a common misconception.

^^A friend of mine hates all wooden coasters because of Psyclone. Thankfully Termy will cure what bad rep Psyclone left behind.

^ Because the GP are mostly full of idiots, who, when roller coasters are concerned, go on one bad ride and assume all rides of the same type are horrible.

^^^ - Just had this happen too!

How many innocent, non-coaster interested friends and acquaintances are gonna be subject to:

"No no no, you see, Psyclone is gone. The ride you saw is called Terminator, I know, I know, weird, right? Anyway, it will be a much better coaster, built by a company called GCI, yada yada, anyway, yeah, that ride you saw...it isn't Psyclone. Psyclone was good for like, a year, but then an Earthquake made it bad. It was based off Cyclone at Coney Island, you knew that, right? No? Oh. Anyway, yeah, Psyclone sucked...really horrible trains made by this company called B&M, they made that ride Tatsu that you like a lot. Remember Tatsu? No no, not that one, that's Viper. Anyway, yada yada, that ride you saw...it...it isn't Psyclone...hello?"

I am pretty sure those words have already been spoken. Exactly like that. Maybe more, maybe less depending on the degree of nerdiness combined with the desire of having/keeping friends.

I think I'm just gonna go with it and say, yes, Psyclone is back. He left. But now he's back. And he's pissed.

^I call, "Hey! Look! Psyclone is back!"

One of my friends went to the park last weekend and totally thought Terminator was a renamed and repainted Psyclone. I have a feeling this is going to be a common misconception.

I heard it happen it the Sky Tower last week also. So many people have no idea that the "new ride" isn't just the old ride with a new theme. In fact, the guest was trying to convince the ride op that Terminator is not new because it's made out of wood. And the "new coasters" (he points to Tatsu) are made out of steel.

--Robb

On one of my recent visits, I passed some people and overheard one say something about "a new Psyclone."

Psyclone wasn't even the same color---it appeared to have had some sort of redwood stain on it. Terminator will most likely be left in its current state of finish and allowed to age over time.

Believe me, a "Psyclone" this will not be.

Eric

Its the public, many of which cant figure out how to buckle a seatbelt or go to the right seat. Dont worry about it and enjoy the ride .

I find it funny that When X2 opened, many people thought it was a completely new ride, and yet terminator is being called Psyclone re-themed. I've also heard that about three weeks ago passing the area, some guy was telling his wife (Well, what I assumed to be his wife, but probably just his baby mamma) that he thought they just tore down Psyclone and re-built it.

Was at the park today and it's coming along great, the back half of the staition was being borded up (it looks to be an amazing head chopper) and more of the station is coming along. The mystery structure was getting insulated and it leads to a hole in the side of the station, so I'm pretty sure it's the handicap access elevator.

0511091700.jpg.0a2cbf058a0aee13c7b4de6831814671.jpg

Fly Through head chopper and insulated "mystery structure"

^ I wonder if they'll put anything near the fly-through. Like have a Termintor shooting at you or something.

We can only hope so. We'll have to watch what they do with the theming budget. $1 Million is a lot of money in most peoples minds but when you spend it on a roller coaster/themes, it disappears pretty fast.

If the GP seriously think this is just another Psyclone, then we shouldn't have a problem with that. Why? Shorter lines for the rest of us! The trains are really neat too - reminds me of what they did with wild mouse cars for The Dark Knight to beef up the theming there. This looks like a top notch GCI that will most likely have a place in my top 10!

I would think that, if nothing else, there will at least be a light effect on the fly-through. With the station being enclosed, it makes it much easier to do a noticeable light show. I would expect the station to have Terminator theming and whatnot in the station, with dark, red lighting to set the mood. Maybe even some fog to add to the apocalyptic feel. Then when the trains come roaring through the fly-through, the lights flash white and red throughout the entire station. That would make for an amazing effect.