TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

The entrance is looking great. I'm glad the exit will go into the "Termy Shop" so you won't have people coming and going on the "Termy Bridge".

One question: Once the entrance is past the bridge, where will it go to get to the switchbacks?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ride is really taking shape. I am just glad to see how hard they are working to get this thing finished.

Robb thanks for the update.

Once this thing tests I feel that everyone will be more relaxed about the theming and focus more on the actual ride.

Can someone show me where the tunnel after the GCII fly through is?

Boy it sure would be sweet to have some sort of themeing in the tunnels. Lights and fog, maybe even some robots with red glowing eyes! The possibilitys are endless. And I'm gonna put my money on the tall structure being a handicap elevator. Hope to see them trains rippin around soon!

The ride looks great, and I'm glad I can finally see overview of the thing

*opens up RCT2*

Now, from the pictures the ride still needs a lot of work added to it, but I say it can be finished in the next few weeks.

To be honest when this ride was first announced, I was thinking to myself. Man, this is not going to turn out well, and it looks pretty good.

I still think that SFMM should of gave the Terminator theme to X2 and make something else out of the GCI

-Matthew K.

IMO, the theme will have little to do with how great this ride will actually be. As long as it has a quick pace full of airtime and laterals its going to be in the top 2 woodies on the west coast. After riding The Dark Knight, I have little faith in Six Flags theming their rides.

Well maybe Terminator just might set a better stanard for SF theming their rides. Yeah they might not be up to Disney's or Universal's stanard of theming, and I doubt they ever will, but better a great looking ride + ok theming is better than nothing at all! Even if the theming doesnt necessarily fit the ride.

^^Yeah, I've seen screens of it.

I think that the local fairs haunted house can do better than THAT.

Plus (off topic) the ride itself is kinda unnecessary.

SFGAdv - Already has a dark coaster

SFGAm - Already has wild mouse like ride

SFM - Already has two family coasters

^ Please keep this thread about Terminator. This is not the place to break down whether or not a park needed Dark Knight.

--Robb

^^ Yeah, good luck with that convincing.

^ And it also coincides with the opening of the movie. They'll be missing out on a great cross-promotion weekend if it doesn't get open.

Speaking of which, anybody in SoCal seen any Terminator commercials on TV yet? Shouldn't they be doing a marketing blitz for this thing right now?

Speaking of which, anybody in SoCal seen any Terminator commercials on TV yet? Shouldn't they be doing a marketing blitz for this thing right now?

I've seen a few short trailers here and there, but not many. Six flags is advertising 10x as much as they are. I have a feeling the movie is going to regret not advertising as much as they should.

They are advertising it all over Tv. I see a ton of comercials every day for it, lol.

Im so happy we have a GCI to ride now.

Actually last month I was seeing a lot of Six Flags commercials where they would mention the "All New Terminator Salvation The Ride Coming Soon" but I just saw the same commercial now with the $24.99 Ralphs Ticket Deal instead.

The $24.99 ticket deal ends Friday the 22nd (day before Terminator should open) so I'm guessing they're still on track but maybe backing off promoting the ride a bit just in case.

Just a thought..How cool would X2 be if it were painted silver, added themeing, and it had been the new terminator ride? I know there's much debate, I just can't get over a wooden coaster being branded "Terminator", and not even being a record breaker...

Just my two sense.

Just a thought..How cool would X2 be if it were painted silver, added themeing, and it had been the new terminator ride? I know there's much debate, I just can't get over a wooden coaster being branded "Terminator", and not even being a record breaker...

Just my two sense.

Huh???

Any who... This ride looks awesome, the progress looks great and like many of you I'm just crossing my fingers for this puppy to be finished by opening day... "Hasta La Vista Baby" <<<(Surprised no one has said that yet)

Just my two sense.

I feel like that would be a terrible idea because it would be the same ride, and wouldn't bring any interest to most of us. I think just because its made out of wood doesn't mean it isn't modern. I'm positive it will turn out better than we all expected.

Don't under estimate repainting, retheming, adding music, and fire!

Look at all the Bizarro Coaster redo's. Mark Shapiro REALLY seems to like it. Should be interesting to see what they do with the Bizarro idea next year!