TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Do we then not allow any more praise for the ride? Lots of people have been praising the ride since September too! Now that details are coming out about the themeing, I think it's a perfect time to start the discussion again since the pictures/details only reinforce what everyone has already said (good and bad).

^^Do we then not allow any more praise for the ride? Lots of people have been praising the ride since September too! Now that details are coming out about the themeing, I think it's a perfect time to start the discussion again since the pictures/details only reinforce what everyone has already said (good and bad).

I agree. If you want to bitch about the theming, bitch about it. If you want to praise the theming, praise it.

But if you're going to bitch about someone bitching about the theming, then you'll probably end up with a 24hr ban for being an a$$hole.

--Robb

I feel like they have done their best and are still doing their best. I really want to hear what people think they could have done or should do differently to make the ride better/more attractive. I'd find it really interesting to hear about peoples artistic styles on themed woodies.

I definitely wouldn't of picked Terminator for the theme of the ride, but to be honest it doesn't really matter to me. I'm really just excited for the ride itself. As long as it rides great, I could care less about what it's themed to.

I actually do think that the Terminator theme fits the coaster well, though. The previews for the new Terminator movie present a more rusty, run-down look (as opposed to the more clean and shiny look of the previous films), which is how I think a Terminator woody can be justified.

I hope I can make it May 23rd! I'm so excited for this ride!

May 10th Terminator Update

Here is today's overview shot. As you can see a lot of work on the station, the transfer track, the pre-show buildings, and the entrance.

Mr. Big Crane is back in action!

Not much wood yet. There are some trains down there, but you can't see them because the ride is blocking the view!

Here's where a lot of this week's work has been done. Lots of work on the station, transfer, and show buildings.

The ride entrance has gotten some love. Looks like they are going to funnel people through the shop as you exit.

Here you can see the proximity from Psyclone's old entrance and Terminator's new entrance.

Queue areas got some shade and some barrels have been added.

You can see the beginnings of a tunnel that will come right after the station fly through. Maybe we'll see some effects in there? Fog? Lighting? Let's hope so!

Lots of people are on hand today to get this thing done!

Looks like lockers going in just on the other side of the bridge? That's my guess anyway.

What could that strange tall box be for? Onride camera? Handicap elevator? Terminator homing device?

KidTums says "Yay! Now I can ride a B&M floorless!"

Back on ground view now...this looks about the same...

Although a new backstage door has been put in.

Gee, it's really good that I didn't need to change Kristen's diaper being that there isn't a changing area in this "renovated" bathroom. C'mon Magic Mountain, couldn't you have sprung for the $180.25 Dollars that it would have cost to add this? "Renovated Bathroom" = FAIL!

I see some new barbed wire has gone up at the ride entrance.

Yup, there it is in all it's glory.

Here's what the bridge looks like!

And OMG! Bridge from ANOTHER ANGLE!!!! OMG!

This beam has had poop smeared on it!

Mr. Blue Cherry Picker was hard at work today.

For those of you with a cherry picker fetish, this photo's for you!

Station fly by FOR THE FREAKIN' WIN!!!

OMG! Yes....YES!!! It's in station fly by from...ANOTHER ANGLE!!!!

I spy Millennium Flyers!

Trainy, Train. Train. Train...Train....

Still no progress on the tunnel. Maybe they have to wait and see if the train fits through first!

New Sand Blasters name or product placement? You decide!

And finally, we'll end with update with KidTums playing the rings game. She won a flower! "It's a flower!"

Awesome stuff Robb. I really hope they get this thing open in time. I'm really beginning to have my doubts.

The ride is looking awesome though. I think it's safe to say that this will be the best woodie in CA upon opening (not like that is saying much though considering it's competition).

Wierd PM's for the win.

So here's the original post.

I was kinda hoping the very front train car would have a metallic Terminator face on it. Oh well, and as for the trains, I don't think they'd look any better on the track because metal doesn't really go well with wood.

And the PM

To: Kalepi_KoneiOnline

Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:56 pm

Subject: Terminator Salvation Trains Quote message

How did you see the front end of the Trains.

------------

Does this guy work for SFMM or something, or was he just mis-interpreting my post?

^ Would it be feasable, or even safe to have the ADA elevator access go over a portion of the track??? Because it certainly looks like it would have to go over the track if that's what it is.

My guess, more themeing/on-ride photo spot.

Well considering you can see the exit to the station is gonna have to cross over that same piece of track, I doubt it's a big deal.

$180.25 Dollars for a damn changing station?!?

Hmmm...I always figured it would be cheaper.

Anyway, the queue looks very nice and the coaster's looking great!

It'll probably be a while before I go back to SFMM and ride Terminator, but it will be great once I do.

I'm so glad they put shade in the queue. Hopefully there will be misters, too. I really like how that part of the line is in the structure of the ride, so the train will be flying by as you wait. I can't wait to see this ride in person. Thanks for the update, Robb.