TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ The train returns to the station with a left turn under the lift hill.

Thanks for the drawing man - makes total sense now. It seems as if the transfer area is so much higher than the bottom of the lift, so it was confusing me as to how the train was gonna get back to the station.

Seems like the station will be the centerpiece to the whole ride. How many rides have the station so "in the middle?"

I went today and got pics of termy's station shell, it's really looking great now, I'll probably upload them tomorrow though, too busy today, oh and I saw some kind of hut going up, possibly for lockers, I'm not sure

Why would you post something like this? Just to torment us?

I'm not sure if this is within topic, being that it was a dream I had last night, so if any TPR staff wants to move/edit/delete as needed, feel free.

In this dream, I was at SFMM and for some reason I got to go inside the Terminator station before the ride opened to the public. It seemed like it was deep inside a building (like, say, Space Mountain or Indiana Jones). The trains were mostly mauve, brown, and some orange in color. Some guy was walking alongside and pushing one along the loading area. There was a "54" written on the last car, and that car had an extra tall box like thing on the back. Each seat had tall headrests (because of the sound system), and the trains seemed like they were 20 or 30 cars long.

In one part, I got in the front seat with some lady (can't remember who, but she was a celebrity). Supposedly, we rode the ride, yet I can't remember any of the ride even though I've figured out the layout. (I just don't remember going through any of it.)

When we got back I was telling people how great the ride was. Then I woke up. Strange dream, but quite vivid. And very strange that I had a coaster dream since it's been forever since my last one.

Eric

^Looking forward to those pics. More importantly, looking forward to riding this creation! May 26th can not get here soon enough. Wow! Only 5 months into the season and I will have 18 new credits! It's gonna be a great year!

Guy "Barring any closures." Koepp

I'm uploading the photo's now so they'll be up some time in the hour, along with my ptr, but I'll make a thread for that, and it's may 26th now?

Let's start this off!

Terminator-10.jpg.f9535f4d82ca6f626919177a69931f60.jpg

And finally one last picture of the station frame. Thanks for reading!

Terminator-9.jpg.ce9ce0b05c57c5c93a916c3acaab9ee2.jpg

Hole in the wall! You can see more of locker the hut

Terminator-8.jpg.4df4583825d164239ac25236c0ddebb3.jpg

New Concrete/asphalt enthusiasts are j***ing in their pants

Terminator-7.jpg.74fa710b822984cf3885461bf964e03d.jpg

That'd make a great sign holder!

Terminator-6.jpg.0b1a587aa00b50b2399f2e370a0c9790.jpg

Could that be a locker hut there?

Terminator-5.jpg.2abb3e377e9cae992cc12a8866f26f53.jpg

Station Fly By with workers working on the actual station part

Terminator-4.jpg.cc746861f5a73bc77360eb531b6def36.jpg

Now don't "excite" yourself, but here's its sexy station framing!!!!!

Terminator-3.jpg.be6b6a3c1d0512b0e2a5669bb9cdbfa8.jpg

Gotta love that density, and the mystery of the iron bars has been solved

Terminator-2.jpg.8aa76e14e1cb8fa0f3fc71845aaa0de5.jpg

Ah sweet, we've got Balder too!

Terminator-1.jpg.1b5823ec7bbfd44b5f2c0434a52702e8.jpg

A worker working on the turn under the lift (he had a saw...I know!)

I've noticed that the stations for GCII coasters all seem to have the same beam structure. Even ROAR! up north is like this. But the station in my dream (see above) wasn't.

Nice to see this ride coming together so nicely. I'm sure we'll be seeing it testing soon.

Eric

Great pics! Station looking good. Still no sights of the trains, so strange. They must be hiding them pretty good, usually a month before opening of a new coaster we usually have pics of them stored some place around the property

It's possible that they're stored in a place where it would violate TPR rules to show a pic of them. Not saying that's what's happening, just that it's one possibility why there aren't any train pics yet.

Yea the trains are probably not there yet. I'm sure that the themeing on the train will not be present until the ride opens, so there is no need to keep the trains on lockdown.

Man I'm itching to see a view of the station and the progress of the ride from the sky tower!

Even though the track appears to be done, it may not be ready for trains just yet. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean they're not onsite somewhere, but I'm guessing it'll be at least a week before we see any sign of them.

Eric

My friends dad works at a nursery in San Diego.

He has been shipping plants and trees to sfmm ever since the Goliath days.

Just thought Id tell you guys that he text me on Saturday saying that he just shipped the trees and plants ordered for Terminator. He even sent me some backstage picture of Terminator (west coast bash views) but i will not post them because it's against the rules.

Terminator looks awesome!