TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does sfmm work so fast? Honestly it took how long for dback's station to go up? Granted they were working in snow, but wow! I'm impressed! Probably not too long till trucks come to sfmm loaded with sexy millenium flyers!

Maybe the parks former troll and wizard mascots are secretly alive and helping!

The lift is done structurally. I don't know about tracking. But the turn around to lift is done as well. And they are starting to make the queue. pre show buildings haven't truely started but i heard that some special objects have been placed where they will be. i'll post more when i get home. i'll say that i wouldn't be surprised if they had a soft opening like the middle of may

^Agreed, they literally have a month to finish all of it up and test all of the mechanisms and trains countless amounts of times. Even though progress is fast, they're really gonna have to push to make the deadline (sounds perfect for a Discovery Channel documentary!)

^ LOL! That would make a perfect documentary. I saw one on Kingda Ka and it was all serious, And construction was about pushed back, but then, the crew worked fast and topped it off. For SFMM it would be, There is still a ton of work to be done, can workers finish the coaster in time or will they have to push back the deadline. DUN DUN DAAA!

SORRY GUYS!! Here are the photos. But seriously the ride has come A LONG way since I was there a week ago. So I think you'd be surprised how quickly this ride could open. Here are some photos but again sorry for the quality.

EDIT: I just noticed that the turn from transfer to the station has not been completed. But I am sure it will be done by the weekend knowing how fast they have been going.

504933448_term7-2.JPG.ecde2dbd245af04038807ccbbeb7e3a0.JPG

The station fly through! :)

1873331799_term6-2.JPG.4e279bf456c52f04b14979c881854803.JPG

Lift is done!

1351698288_term5-2.JPG.2d54d2b2e7ce1dc2f8543802a2724b52.JPG

Into the deanman turn

1373355408_term2-2.JPG.d22f3c1734841cca1efc2f378cb43947.JPG

Busy working on the queue

25536152_term4-2.JPG.f3563b68ac980dead07b1933a02c0be8.JPG

Overview via skytower

845477396_term1-2.JPG.9edeeb5977f50f79db068236040b2c53.JPG

And a wee bit closer

Yeah. I think it is beautiful in person. I just hope that they do some landscaping. I think the trees in between Deja and Terminator make the ride look nicer. It would be nice to see them around the coaster to a splash of color. Plus it would be green to plant some trees to off set the wood they cut down to build the coaster.

Thanks for the pictures rawrtotheargh.

I haven't posted here in awhile, but so far it's coming along, but alot of work is yet to be done, and not sure if they're going to make their May opening, because they still have the station to complete, all the mechanics, wiring, testing, and even the landscaping. It may not open until June, because weren't they suppose to open this sometime in May? I mean, it still has potential to open in May, but I am not sure.

As for the entrance, not sure what the deal is with that black bar thing in the center, is it to separate Flashpass riders and normal riders? And that bridge looks smaller than I think it should be, because the expansion of the main entrance opening is wide, and than that bridge is small. They should of made the bridge the same width as the entrance opening. Well, until it is finished, we'll have to see.

Later

Tim

The transfer track/station/pre-lift isn't how I thought it would be at all. It was looking to me like it would go straight out of the station and up the lift.

Anyways, it's interesting to see it all come together!

I don't think you guys are giving the GCI team enough credit...The only thing making this ride more complex than any other coaster they've worked on is the audio, which is actually not too complex at all. I trust they'll have the ride handed over on time.

Awesome to see the progress.

Maybe someone can help me - based on the photos, I am not quite sure how the train gets from the brake run to the station to the lift.

It seems as if the train approaches the lift by turning from the fly-through area - but the brake run leads the train into the other structure (is that the transfer area or the station?)

Maybe it is just an illusion created by the images, but it seems as if the train will take a small turn downward after the transfer area and before the lift.

As far as them not opening on time, I have been to several "ride openings" and have been instructed not to touch the rails...because they are wet with paint. I forget which ride it was, but I remember being in the station and having carpenters still finishing up the last bits of the queue and what not.

I am pretty sure that if SFMM was worried about it not opening, they would know by now. I imagine that these next several weeks will be an onslaught of progress. Can't wait!

Yeah. I think it is beautiful in person. I just hope that they do some landscaping. I think the trees in between Deja and Terminator make the ride look nicer. It would be nice to see them around the coaster to a splash of color. Plus it would be green to plant some trees to off set the wood they cut down to build the coaster.

I think it would look nice to have some more trees in the area, however I don't think it will happen cause it's supposed to be themed to an era of robots destroying mankind, I don't think trees and vegetation go along with that theme very well, who knows, I could be very wrong though, that's just my opinion.

^ Hmmm...I never thought about the train storage area, but now I recall ROAR! at SFDK having something like that just before re-entering the station. Your concept seems perfectly valid to me, especially the way you've shown the trains getting from the station to the lift, as well as the fly through track.

Exactly four weeks from today. I hope I can be there.

Eric