TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to SFMM on thur, thinking it would be not busy, well it was PACKED!!!. X2, and deja+ sky tower, were both closed all day due to the wind. most of the rids had an hour+ wait. i also went by the new coaster and it looks %98.5 complete, although i could be wrong because i could not get an overview shot.

oh, i also brought my IPOd/ ipod speakers, with the hope that i wold run into MR. six. and would then play "we like to party" on my ipod's speakers and dance to the music with him, but sadly he was very sick according to some of the SFMM employees

some funny things that happened in the park, the person who was running the trains at tastu was pretty funny, when he released the trains out of the station, he said "have fun on tastu, on tastu,, on tastu,, on tastu,, on tastu,, on tastu,, on tastu,, on tastu,, on tastu,, on tastu,, on tastu, even after the train left. the way he said it made everyone in line laugh. but it got annoying after a while, (because he did it every time .

I was at the park yesterday with my friends and got my X2 and Dejavu credits. While I was there, I got some great views of Terminator, and although there is still quite a lot of work to do(mainly on the lift) the coaster was awesome. There was a lot of construction going on, and there were many construction workers working on the ride. I am really looking forward to the ride, and the coaster looks great.

It looks like the bridge has a little divider thingie where perhaps chain poles or a solid set of bars will go to divide entering and exiting guests. The structure over the entrance looks cool.

Eric

^ That sure does look like a divider, and it also looks to be offset a little bit to the left. I wonder if that divider is for flashpass on the left and regular line to the right, or if indeed its for entrance/exit. And I will also agree with Eric that the entrance looks really cool!

Are the metal beams on the coaster for enhanced structural integrity? Or are they trying to pretend that it's a steel coaster?

That's done on every crossover on every GCII, and probably all other modern wooden coasters as well. I don't know what the significance is - I guess it allows for a larger opening.

I'm no structural engineer, but I'd guess that steel is used on these rides to give extra support wherever there are crossovers. Look also on the last curve (on shots taken from the Sky Tower). There is steel where the other track crosses under.

Eric

this update comes from the lovely sky tower. work has come along very quickly. station structure is basiically done. fly through is done. they are also starting to put up railing for the queue on the right side of the ride. sorry for the horrible photos. my camera phone isn't the best.