TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

April 12th Update!

From here you can see what looks like a nearly complete woodie!

Deja Vu and his new pal, Terminator!

White truck spotting!

Ooh, the bridge is getting close to completion...there's also a lot of black poles that have been installed.

White truck, new concrete, and black poles!

The backside of curves.

I like the bridge, but I can't help to think it's a bit narrow.

The nail smacking people are hard at work!

Today we heard a lot of nail smacking going on.

Looks like the lift hill is nearly complete.

Some dudes working up there on the super secret platform where the chain wheel thingy will go.

*smack* *smack* *smack*

Oooh! Nail smacking action CAUGHT ON FILM! You can see the guy on the left is MID SMACK!!!

There is track laid down everywhere!

C'mon guys! Finish that lift! I want to ride this thing!

This has to be the most dense GCI ever built!

As you can see...track is there!

Absolutely beautiful! Looking forward to May 21st!

I will end today's update with this picture. I don't know why, but I just found this very amusing... "Boys of Steel!" LOL!

--Robb

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the bridge, but I can't help to think it's a bit narrow.

--Robb

I hope that the black poles will also appear on the other side of the canal. Which would mean they are getting rid of that ugly chain link fence. It really makes that area look bad.

And yes the bridge does look rather narrow.

I wonder if they will be walking the morning crowds back to the ride ala Griffon. I could see the running of the bulls getting quite out of hand with such a long hike from the front gate.

Which leads to another question: If you had the stamina, would it be quicker to go up and around Tatsu than the more conventional Gotham route?

^ Yes it would seem more conventional because if you go by Gotham City you have to walk by Bugs Bunny Land and all carnival area games.

This ride is looking AWESOME!!!!! The only thing I am sort of worried about is the pre show buildings. The ride is almost complete but the buildings are not. I would think it would take a while to build don't you think? Anyway great photos I can't wait to see this thing done!

Robb, any estimate on just how wide the bridge is? Kinda hard to tell from the picture exactly what sort of dimensions it has.

Following the construction of Diamondback on some of the KI sites, people have been commenting on a similar thing, with what appears to be a fairly narrow entrance to the line for the ride.

As for the coaster itself... it's absolutely gorgeous. If it rides half as good as it looks, it'll be a great coaster.

I'm guessing that guests will be entering AND exiting the area across that bridge? Maybe being bit wider would help, though I'm sure there will be chains/bars dividing the entering and exiting crowds.

Yesterday, I took an unexpected run out to SFMM, but it was later in the day. The tower wasn't open, so I didn't get to see any progress, but from the pictures here, it looks like they're really hauling on this project.

Eric

-I think the bridge looks just fine...you would only need it to be one human being wide for entry, and one for exit. I have no doubt that the queue will extend beyond that point on busy days. Riddlers Revenge proves that you do not need a very wide exit.

-They have always done the 'running of the bulls' at SFMM, as long as I can remember. Running to Batman was quite exhausting, as was Riddlers! Having people run over that hill will definitely separate the strong and the weak!!! I have no idea whether or not they would change their policy for this ride, but I point out those facts because other rides have been even farther from the entrance and they never walked us back to the ride at opening.

Chris.

other rides have been even farther from the entrance and they never walked us back to the ride at opening.

Chris.

What rides are farther away? I guess Deja Vu is but I don't recall a big rush there even in 01.

I'm guessing that guests will be entering AND exiting the area across that bridge? Maybe being bit wider would help, though I'm sure there will be chains/bars dividing the entering and exiting crowds.

Eric

I don't know why but I thought the ride would exit by the Deja Vu entrance.

wooot!!! im going to sfmm may 22nd, cant wait for this!

I want to warn you that I've heard from several people that the media day is Thursday May 21st, but we were told at WCB the ride will open to the public on Saturday, May 23rd.

There is a *chance* that the ride will be open on May 22nd, but I have not heard that as the opening day.

Just wanted to let you know before you show up and be dissapointed.

--Robb

Is there any info on Media Day yet? I'm not thinking there is since no one even knows if Terminator will be open then or not (!) but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something because I've always wanted to ride a coaster before the GP