TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

well it's all gonna be easier now, if they can get the top part of the lift hill finished off that fast, it shouldnt take too long to place the bents for the bottom, anyone know when they're gonna start station construction though?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April 5th, 2009 Update!

We haven't done much of an update since West Coast Bash on March 22nd since not too much was new last weekend, but WOW, this week the lift hill seemed to go up really fast! Check it out....

OMG! Stop the presses! We have LIFT HILL!!!

Oooh! Looky! The bridge! The bridge!

Those popsicle sticks sure turned out purdy!

More concrete slab photos.

Soon...trains will be roaring down the track....soon!

They have got a lot of new bents up since West Coast Bash.

Hello Terminator! You are looking very dense today.

Another soon-to-be lift hill shot.

And now it's a CLOSE UP of the soon-to-be lift hill!

Yup, it's construction.

Yup, it's the lift hill.

Lots of track has been laid....and the track seems to be VERY happy!

Hey look! The lift is also a TUNNEL!!!

Mr. Crane is jealous of DCA's crane.

Unfinished lift hill...THROUGH THE TREES!!!

Still waiting for more popsicle sticks.

Yeah, the structure is very dense.

Uh, oh...is this really a STEEL coaster???

The worlds first woodie with a "jump"

Artsy shot!

Dead Man's Party turn.

Yup, it's a bridge alright.

More bridge update.

I like how this turn looks a little "warped!"

Oooh...some new concrete...wonder if that will be for the entrance?

One of the restrooms getting a re-model that Jay talked about during West Coast Bash.

Looking more and more complete each week!

We see you Mr. Lift Hill!

X2 reservations is just for Gold Q-Bot users now.

If you get a reservation for X2, then all adult-sized coasters are available today!

And here are the Flash Pass prices.

More Flags!

More fun!

More updates coming soon!

--Robb

That's one good looking roller coaster. My only problem with the ride is the same problem I had with it when it was just a rumor: WTF IS UP WITH THE TERMINATOR ROLLER COASTER BEING A WOODIE!?! Nothing screams robots more than wood!

Wow, Robb get's the exclusive views!!!

I'm not sure what you mean. I took these all mostly from the Deja Vu exit area. Then a few others were taking from the area near the candy store.

--Robb "Nothing exclusive in this update, sorry!" Alvey

The first drop on this thing looks like a exact mirror image of the first drop from the Kentucky Rumbler.

Almost, but Terminator's first drop crosses back through the lift immediately, so the dynamics at the bottom will differ.

I'm honestly going to try to be at the park the first day this thing opens. It just screams fun or what the British guests at knotts said today, "Brilliant!" (In regards to Xcel)

At least to my knowledge, that was their country of origin. Ah, whatever

I'm honestly going to try to be at the park the first day this thing opens. It just screams fun or what the British guests at knotts said today, "Brilliant!" (In regards to Xcel)

At least to my knowledge, that was their country of origin. Ah, whatever

I find that sort of funny that their country of origin is Britain.

Someone had to say it

Wow, construction is moving fast, but there's not too much time left! I am really going to try and go back down again once it's running. I hope everything rides as good as it looks, but the bridge is still looking pretty sad. Maybe they're going for the industrial wasteland look.

Fantastic pictures Rob. The ride looks great so far.

Going to go kind of off-topic now. What does the Flash Pass do for you? And what does Gold get you above the Standard version? $62 on top of your entrance fee sounds expensive.

For those asking about the trains, it is true that they typically do not end up on-site until the circuit is complete, ore really really close to complete.

However, I expect they are going to keep the trains hidden as much as possible. From what Tim was saying, they are very heavily themed (I get the impression moreso than usual - they are going all out on this ride), and I expect they are going to keep it a secret as long as possible.

With everything else that they are doing (from WCB - sorry, you had to be there!), I wouldnt be surprised if they added the trains after hours, and tarped over them until the last possible moment.

That's one good looking roller coaster. My only problem with the ride is the same problem I had with it when it was just a rumor: WTF IS UP WITH THE TERMINATOR ROLLER COASTER BEING A WOODIE!?! Nothing screams robots more than wood!

Well, As I was reading the update and checking out the Pics, The more this Coaster reminds me of Terminator 2:Judgement Day. One of my favorite scenes of all time is the scene where John Conner is riding on the back of Terminator's bike while trying to escape from the other "Bad" Terminator. They ride through the ditches and under bridges. The "Bad" Terminator is chasing after them in a Semi.

For me, I can see this coaster being that ride! Just my interpretation.

And if I may say, Thank you from me as well, for all the Great Updates, Robb!! Can't wait to ride it!!